055

Lost and Found

 

“What time are we leaving?” Sammy asked as she walked in the garage, Sehun was hunched over the hood over Audi.

“What time are we meeting my parents?” He asked, Sammy reached him and found the lawyer shirtless and his jeans had grease stains all over.

“Your father said they’ll just call.”

“Wow, is this your way of reminding me about the stalking devices you were planning to install on my cars.” She murmured as she eyed the tattoo on his abdomen briefly.

Sehun was stunned with her words, he looked up.

“Sammy, I was just—I~”

“I’m just joking, lawyer ahjussi. Lighten up.” She chuckled before standing beside him, she glanced at the automobile’s engine briefly before turning away.

“If you’re not comfortable with it, I can~”

“Sehun, it’s fine. I’d rather have you knowing where I am anyway. It’s comforting.” She looked at him, Sehun smiled back.

“But really, can we go now? I’m in need of new moisturizers and I want to get them before having lunch.”

“I’ll shower up and we can go.” Sehun scrunched his nose at her before heading back to the house.

Somin looked up and saw three of Sehun’s men having coffee by the gardens. She made her way towards him and they all stood up as soon as they saw her.

“Sit down, hyungnims. It’s just me.” She smiled as she sat with them, the men bowed before following suit.

“So, since the police wont tell me anything,” She started.

“What did your boss do to the Hong siblings?” She asked, they all paused and stared back at her.

“Well, agasshi, uhm,”

“I can take it.” She nodded at them while pouring them another cup of coffee.

“From their toes to their ankles.”

“Yes?” Sammy grew confused.

“He used the meat grinder, young miss.”

 

 

“I think the orange looks better.” Somin said as she stood by the glass display, the sales assistant nodded and stepped away to get her items. She looked over her shoulder and smiled to herself, it was kind of refreshing to roam around with the guards. Not that she had anything against Sehun’s mafia men, they were nice and chatty. But sometimes, it does irk her.

“Did you find what you were looking for?” Sehun asked as he stood behind her and tucked her under his chin.

“I think so, are you hungry?” She asked as she looked at the display before her again.

“Not really, the office called. It’s about the case I’m finishing up, I might need to head over there later.” Sehun said, Somin nodded and the sales assistant went back, she saw how the girl paused briefly when she saw Sehun. The lady actually blushed before approaching her, Sammy grew amused.

“Oh, it’s those.” Sehun recognized the Fendi keychains.

“Yeah, they’re a bit hard to find.” Somin explained as she started to check the items, Sehun smiled before fishing out his wallet from his coat pocket.

“I’ll wait for you outside.” Sehun said as he placed his wallet on the table beside her hand and kissed her cheek.

“Sehun-ah, don’t~”

“I let you choose where to eat, so you have to let me pay now.”

“Sehun~”

“It’s on me.” He scrunched his nose at her before walking away, Somin could only watch as he pushed the doors open and stepped out of the boutique.

Sammy exhaled and took out Sehun’s credit card from his wallet and handed it to the lady.

“Your boyfriend’s very persuasive, ma’am.”

“He’s a lawyer, it’s his specialty.” Sammy shrugged, she glanced over her shoulder again, Sehun was on his phone, probably speaking with a client.

His eyes went to her, Sehun winked at her before turning away.

 

 

“I wanted to cook for you, but Sehun suggested that we should eat out. Since you’ve been on house arrest for a week and that you wanted to roam around.” Mrs. Oh frowned before wrapping the girl in a tight embrace.

“Well, it wasn’t totally necessary, auntie. But Sehun teamed up with my cousins and made it possible. I’m talking about the house arrest.” Sammy playfully complained, the elders chuckled while Sehun rolled his eyes at his girl.

“I’m glad you’re okay, Somin-ah. And did you get my package?” Mr. Oh asked, Somin paused and nodded. It was three days ago when a huge delivery truck rolled into her property, even Sehun’s flying squad was confused. And then the driver stepped down and open the back of the truck. Lo and behold, Mr. Oh had sent her a black Kia Stinger.

“I was actually just joking about it, uncle. But, thank you. I actually drove it out today. It’s perfect.” Somin smiled as they all sat down.

“Be careful there, old man. You might suffocate her.” Sehun joked and leaned back on his seat, his father snorted at him.

“Ah, right, did you hear already, dear?” Mrs. Oh spoke, Sammy faced the elder.

“About what, auntie?”

“Sehun will be working with his father now.” She said proudly, Sehun grinned at Sammy.

“Aigoo, you better have a pad of Tylenols ready, uncle. I feel like you’ll be having a huge migraine anytime soon.” Somin nodded quickly, Sehun sent her a dry look, the girl laughed.

“You’re correct, the moment I heard about it, I already felt a little dizzy.” Mr. Oh whispered back, his wife chuckled.

“You two always asked me to come join you at the car company, and now I finally do, you three laugh at me?” Sehun muttered as the waiter arrived with the appetizers.

“I’m happy you decided on that, lawyer ahjussi. Congratulations, welcome to my world.” Sammy said lightly before raising her fist to him, Mr. and Mrs. Exchanged small smiles.

“Then, does that make you a sunbae now?” Sehun joked back before bumping fists with her.

“Yeah, you have a lot to learn, young padawan.” She nodded solemnly, Sehun balked at her.

“Heol, she’s a nerd too.”

 

 

“Did you see the news?” Kai asked over the phone, Somin took off her heels and padded towards the living room, Sehun was in the kitchen, making popcorn.

“Hmm, I do.” Somin murmured as her parents’ faces appeared on the screen.

“Are you home? Jena’s been trying to call.”

“No, I’m at Sehun’s, what are you~” She paused when news of Hong Daehwi and his brother was being announced. Somin hummed as she listened, Kai was chuckling heartily.

“Sehun did clean up well, I guess.”

“Oh, you heard the meat grinder thing? I was act~”

“Kai,” She groaned, the latter laughed.

“I’ll see you this weekend, Sammy.” He said teasingly before ending the call, Somin set her phone down.

“Life sentence?” She asked as Sehun strolled into the room with a bowl of popcorn in hand, he sat down and picked up the remote control.

“Cheese? Or butter?” He replied as Somin sat down beside him, she eyed him warily.

“It’s not like they don’t deserve it.” He defended himself, Sommy’s expression softened and leaned against his shoulder.

“I never got to ask you, what made you decide? I mean, jumping to Kia.” She spoke softly as she pressed her nose on his shoulder.

“I realized that I already had my fair share of fun, and it was time to help abeoji.”

“Fun? Reading like, what, a thousand pages a day was fun for you?” She murmured back as the movie started to play.

And then Somin’s phone started to ring, they both looked at the screen, Sehun bit his lower lip and looked at the girl. Somin exhaled before turning away from the device.

“Samantha,”

“I know, I know.” She grumbled back, Sehun had been coaxing her to pick up her mother’s calls for the past few days.

“Dave came by the other day, he said eomma wants to see me this Tuesday.” She confessed, Sehun nodded.

“But it’s not that easy, Oh Sehun.” She finished.

“Then, I’ll come with you.” Sehun nodded before snaking one arm around her waist.

“It might get intense.” Somin shook her head, Sehun shrugged at her.

“She’s your mother, Sammy. She’s family.” He said softly as the girl played with the sleeve of his sweater.

“She may have hurt you, but she’s trying. So, give her a chance.”

Somin exhaled and faced the TV again, Sehun looked down and studied the expression on her face, he smiled when he saw her roll her eyes, she proceeded to bury her face against his chest.

“I hate it when you’re right.” She said, her voice muffled. Sehun chuckled and brushed her hair with his fingers.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++