054

Lost and Found

Somin scratched the back of her head in annoyance as her father fussed over her. The Park elder was checking her bed sheets, the flooring of her bathroom, he was even checking the nutritional facts of Bacon’s dog food.

“Appa, please, those two are already in jail or wherever they’re placed right now.” Sammy whined as she followed her father to the kitchen.

“Still, we don’t know what might happen, appa has to make sure everything is in order.” He continued, Jaejoong who was cooking looked up from the stove in amusement.

“In order for what?” She mumbled, she glanced over the window and saw two males walking around the garden. She also noticed how three more guards were assigned to man her front gate.

“All these guards, still a no show.” She murmured to herself as she padded to the living room, she had given up on asking her father to stop fussing around.

Somin plopped down on one of the couches and crossed her arms, she touched the bandage on her lower lip.

“Somin-ah, would you like to try the stew?” Jaejoong called from the kitchen.

“No.” She said sourly before marching up to her room, Jaejoong heard the door close loudly.

“What was that? Why is she in a bad mood?” Mr. Park turned to his nephew.

Jaejoong chuckled as he continued to stir the stew.

“Guess who hasn’t dropped by yet, uncle.”

 

 

Sehun leaned back on his seat and crossed his legs.

“I understand why you reacted that way, Sehun-ah.” The chief of police spoke calmly, Sehun didn’t react.

“But, please, try not to lose your temper again. It cause quite a ruckus when rumors about how the police found the Hong brothers suspended over a meat grinder.” The older male said worriedly.

“I can’t say they didn’t deserve it.” Sehun shrugged, the elder shook his head.

“Do we have a deal, Sehun-ah?”

“As long as they wont be able to get out of prison, we’re good, uncle.” Sehun grinned at the male, truthfully, the chief of police is Sehun’s godparent. His father and the male were best friends since high school.

“No bail.” He said reassuringly before shaking Sehun’s offered hand.

“Thank you, uncle.”

“I have a feeling the police force should be thanking you too.” He mused back as he walked Sehun towards the doors, the younger male grinned before stepping out of the room. He took out his phone and checked his messages. He smiled as he saw Somin’s name flash on the screen, he started to walk towards the elevator while reading her texts.

They won’t even let me step out to the garden. – Sammy

Help me. –Sammy

Why didn’t you tell me you resigned? –Sammy

Lawyers have the best outfits! – Sammy

You looked hot in those three-piece Armanis, you know. –Sammy

Sehun shook his head in amusement before calling her.

 

 

“Listen to the doctor, rest up!” Kai waved at Sammy before getting inside his car.

“Remember, I~”

“Yeah, I’ll ask secretary Seon to send you strawberries tomorrow.” Kai chuckled before getting in his car, Sammy stuck her tongue out at him as he drove towards the gat, and then he stepped on the brakes as he saw a familiar car rolling in the property.

The three guards assigned at the gate were glancing at each other hesitantly, Kai looked away as he saw Sammy’s mother slide down from the car. And then another vehicle arrived, Sehun effortlessly slid down from the Range Rover, he looked at the elder briefly.

“This looks like a job I should do.” Kai said as he went down from his car, and then he saw Sammy standing by the front doors, her arms were crossed as she looked at her mother. Two guards walked towards her as she started to move.

“Sammy,” Kai voiced as she neared them, Sehun remained still, not knowing what to do.

“I thought I wasn’t going to accept guests today.” She spoke, the two guards paused and looked at Sehun.

“Somin-ah, please, let’s talk.” Hyun Misook moved forward, but the girl took one step back.

“Somin-ah, don’t be like this.” She pleaded, Somin’s face tightened, Kai could see how much she was holding back. Sehun exhaled and walked towards the girl, the guards stepped back.

“Just let me explain myself, eomma’s sorry, I didn’t know~”

“Where were you when I needed you?” Somin replied, Sehun stood beside her, he gently placed one hand on her back.

“Somin-ah~”

“You weren’t there. Remember that. You weren’t there for me. You took his side.” Somin stated flatly, Kai puffed his cheeks and looked at the elder.

“So, stop bothering me. We have nothing to talk about.” Somin said before turning away from her, Sehun gave the elder a polite bow before following the girl back to the house.

 

 

“Hyung left too?” Sehun asked as he stepped in the kitchen, Somin nodded and got herself a packet of juice before heading out. Sehun exhaled and watched as she went up to her room. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he took it out.

Talk to her. She might regret it soon. –Kai

Sehun shook off his coat before following her upstairs, he found Sammy in her room, sitting by the windowsill.

“I heard your father passed by, how was it?” Sehun asked softly, Bacon looked up from his bed and ran up to him.

“Jaejoong oppa and him brought so much food.” Sammy replied without looking away from the windows, Sehun nodded before gently lifting her up and placing the girl on his lap as he sat down.

“I’m sorry you had to see that. It wasn’t a pretty sight.” She said as she met his gaze, Sehun slowly shook his head and pressed his forehead against hers.

“Are you really angry? Your mother wanted to talk.” Sehun asked carefully, Somin met his gaze briefly, she didn’t reply.

“I wanted to tell you earlier, but things got in the way.” Sehun decided to change the subject, her forehead creased.

“Why are you leaving Choi and Min?” She asked as she fiddled with his cufflinks.

“Being with you made me realize a few things.”

“What things?” Sammy continued, still studying his cufflinks.

“How you quickly transferred to your mother’s company to protect it, how you didn’t think about the consequences and just went with it. It was really cool.”

“Huh?”

“You’re protective of your family’s work, while I’ve been avoiding it all this time.” Sehun explained as he ran his fingers through her hair, Somin’s brows rose up.

“So, I decided that now may not be the bad time to finally take over.”

“Wow, all those years in law school, still manages to get stuck in the greedy business world anyway.” She said jokingly, Sehun chuckled deeply and just gathered the girl in his arms, he buried his nose on her hair and sighed.

“Well, if it makes you happy, go ahead and drive your Kias.” She mused back.

“But, can we go out? I might really die of boredom.” She blurted out, Sehun smiled and nodded.

“I want to walk around, get some fresh air.” She recounted as she slid down from his lap, Sehun nodded along.

“And, I want to drop by the mart, Bacon literally destroyed all the toys I got him.”

“We’ll do that.” Sehun loosened his tie.

“And, I might need to wear a scarf outside,” She pointed towards her bruised neck.

Sehun didn’t reply, he just hooked his finger around her shorts’ belt loop and tugged the girl towards him. Sammy paused and eyed him warily.

“I know, I know, we’ll do everything you want.” He murmured before pressing his lips against hers, Sammy felt his other hand cup the side of her neck and she smiled.

“I’m glad you’re okay, Sammy.” He said softly as Somin pulled back.

“I’m glad I was lucky enough to date someone in the mafia.” She replied with a serious expression, Sehun laughed before standing up.

“I’ll go get the car ready. Let’s take Bacon with us.” Sehun poked her before leaving the room. Somin smiled to herself as she walked towards her closet, she paused as she saw the small box her father left for her earlier, it was box of sweets that she used to love as a child. And he had specifically instructed her to share with Sehun.

 

“I guess Oh Sehun just passed the test.” She mused to herself before picking out a pair of jeans.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++