050

Lost and Found

 

“I think we should tell her, that guy almost got you killed.” Sehun reasoned as Somin popped another piece kimbap in . The two were at a restaurant near the beach, Somin wanted to go out of town to help remove her mind off things.

“What’s the point? Like that would make any difference.” She rolled her eyes as she eyed his bowl of ramen with a small smile.

Sehun pushed the bowl towards her and handed her a pair of chopsticks.

“How’s your week so far? I saw the news about that factory worker, was that you?”

“It was a tiring one, but I managed to pull through. You?”

“I’ve been skipping work.” She said proudly before eating the ramen, Sehun chuckled and gently patted her head.

“Eat more, I have to make a few calls.” Sehun was about to stand when Somin reached for his arm to stop him.

“You’re not going to ask your flying squad to fly over Hong Daehwi, right?”

“By fly over you mean, kill him?” Sehun mused back, Somin’s eyes widened.

“Sehun.” She frowned, Sehun chuckled and shook his head.

“That would be way below me, miss Park.” He said in a light tone, Somin scrunched her nose at him.

“His lawyers dropping him, isn’t that all you?” She replied, Sehun smiled and gently removed her hand.

“Hmm, I’m not sure.” He winked before stepping out of the restaurant.

 

 

“Oh my god,” Chaeyoung mouthed as she looked at the screen, Chanyeol shook his head.

“Sehun..Whoa, he really got angry.”

There was a flash report playing on the screen about a certain ex-employee of Korea Air being picked up by the police at a hospital. He was under arrest for certain crimes that were all proven with evidence at court just a few hours earlier. Both of his lackeys, Nam Dookwan and Jo Inkyu all spoke against him, and revealed what Hong Daehwi instructed him to do and how much he paid them for it.

Hong Daehwi wasn’t even tried for his crimes, he was simply sent straight to jail.

“They better get back together soon, this kind of Sehun is terrifying.” Chaeyoung nodded to herself, Chanyeol sat down beside her.

“How is she by the way?”

“Kai said he spoke with her yesterday, Somin…I think she’s really hurt because of her mother. She might not show it, but…she blames herself for this too. If only she wasn’t away for so long, then this wouldn’t happen.” Chanyeol sighed, Chaeyoung frowned and leaned her head on his shoulder.

“But it’s not her fault. It was because of that man. He destroyed the family.”

“That’s why he’s mad, Hong Daehwi has been trying to hurt Somin, sending someone to burn her car, even that car chase incident…this is why, Sehun’s taking care of him. Because Hong Daehwi is stressing her out.” Chanyeol murmured before wrapping his arms around the girl.

“And you’re worried that Sammy might get hurt, huh? Because Sehun might really lose it.” Chaeyoung asked.

“No, I know he can protect her well, I just hope this doesn’t threaten Sehun’s family secret. Being the son of the mafia wont sit well with others especially if you’re a lawyer.”

 

 

Mr. Oh looked up from his seat, his secretary was waiting for him to speak again.

“A resignation? But, why?” He balked as he stood up.

“I just received the call today, it came from their administrative office, even the managing partners were stunned. That’s why they decided to inform our office.”

Mrs. Oh looked up from the couch, her husband wasn’t speaking.

“No, did something happen at work? Why would he do that out of the blue?”

“Do you think because they fought? Surely, Somin would never ask him to resign.” Mrs. Oh murmured as she tried to contact her son.

“I’m not sure, but the young master and young miss were both seen speaking to each other at her office just today. They seem to have fixed their problems.” The secretary spoke.

“I don’t know if I should be happy or worried.” Mr. Oh hummed to himself as he sent his son a short text.

“Then if he really did resign, he’s going to work for you?” Mrs. Oh was smiling.

“Well, if it goes well. Sehun will be here.” He nodded to himself with a huge grin.

“Told you that Somin is good for him.” Mrs. Oh was practically beaming.

“We should throw a party tonight for the kids! To celebrate.” Mr. Oh said excitedly, his secretary balked.

“You want to celebrate your son’s resignation from a big law firm.” His secretary repeated, Mr. and Mrs. Oh both nodded in unison.

“I..dont think we should be too excited over this, it’s still too early and we don’t really know~”

“Oh, nonsense, secretary Lee, ask driver Jin to call the house and tell them to prepare. My son has finally come to his senses!”

“Your son is a lawyer, he’s always in his~”

“Just throw the party!” Mr. Oh said childishly, the secretary sighed and left the room.

 

 

Somin was eyeing the male warily as they walked towards the car, Sehun unlocked the doors and turned to her.

“What?” He blinked at her innocently, which made the girl snort.

“I saw the news. What happened to let the police do their job or trusting the justice system?” She asked him.

“They were moving too slow. I don’t like slow.” Sehun shrugged at her.

“First, not even one lawyer would speak to him, now you have him tossed to prison without~”

“Would you rather we have him walk around again? What if he tries to barge into your home for the second time?” Sehun replied, Somin paused, her forehead creased.

“What I’m trying to say is that, people might become suspicious, lawyer Oh. What happens to you if they find out you were behind all that?” She asked as she leaned against the Range Rover and looked at him.

“They wont find out. Nobody ever does.” Sehun replied.

“Still, it’s dangerous. We’ll never know what happens.”

“You know, a simple thank you would suffice, but beggars can’t be choosers.” Sehun rolled his eyes at her, Somin laughed before opening her arms to him.

“It was a tiring week, huh?” She mused before Sehun leaned against her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Can you not do a total lockdown again? It almost drove me crazy.” Sehun grumbled against her neck as he inhaled the scent of her hair.

Somin chuckled and patted the back of his head.

 

“I won’t do it again.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++