005

Lost and Found

 

“So, what do you think?” Chanyeol asked over breakfast, Somin smiled and leaned against her elbow as she set her toast aside.

“Oppa, I’m all for helping you out, but are you sure you want me in that office?”

“Why? Are you going to fire my secretary again?” He chuckled before finishing his coffee.

“It’s probably a good thing, Sammy. You wont get bored while helping Kai with the wedding.”

“Your people might not like it, you do remember you’re the friendly one, right?”

Chanyeol shook his head and just leaned over to muss her hair.

“We haven’t worked together in a while, it’s probably our way of bonding. Just join me.”

“I’ll be there by ten then.” Somin gave him a sarcastic thumbs up, he laughed as he stood up.

“I’ll have your office be ready. Have a good morning, Sammy.” He kissed the side of her head before heading out of the house.

Somin puffed her cheeks and leaned back against her chair, she reached for the collar of her blouse and pulled out her necklace, her fingers curled around the pendant.

“Does that mean I might bump into you?” She said quietly.

 

 

Sehun tugged on his coat as he got inside the Park Holdings lobby, he made his way towards the reception and handed her a piece of document. The lady behind the counter read the document and she looked at him.

“Who are you here for, sir?”

“Manager Jang Hoshik of your operations team.” He replied, the girl nodded and started to dial on their local phone. Sehun looked around him, employees were rushing back and forth the elevator and occasionally they would bow to greet each other or another higher ranking employee.

“Ah, sir,”

Sehun faced the lady again.

“I spoke with manager Jang myself, he said that you should have set an appointment. And, it would be better for you not to come again.” She said hesitatingly, Sehun grew annoyed.

“He does know what I’m here for, right?” He replied, the girl gave him a slight nod.

“If he refuses to meet me, this might blow up, and not only damage him and but the company also.” He stated flatly, the girl behind the counter frowned.

“Look, sir, you cannot go up since he~”

“Lawyer ahjussi?”

 

 

Kai walked in his office and was surprised to find a white envelope on his table, he called for his secretary.

“Ah, about the arrangements regarding vice president Park, we already have informed our staff and security to let her through anytime, sir.” He said as he walked in.

“And, she already has returned the car,”

Kai paused and looked at his secretary questioningly.

“It’s hers.”

“She didn’t like the car; she wants you to change it, sir.”

“Huh.” Kai nodded as he took his seat.

“And, director Lee wanted me to remind you regarding that family lunch tomorrow. Her parents are also going to be there.”

“I know, I’ll call Jena later, but this,” Kai picked up the envelope.

“Ah, that, it was delivered earlier. Probably from~”

Kai opened the envelope, he took out it's contents and his eyes widened. His fingers hovered over the two names.

His othe hovered over his phone, then he let out a sigh.

“Is something wrong, sir?” His secretary grew concerned at his boss’s reaction.

“H—He’s getting married.”

 

 

“Should I give myself a tour around here first?” Somin murmured to herself as she got in the building, she gave the valet a small salute before moving forward.

“But that might~”

“If he refuses to meet me, this might blow up, and not only damage him and but the company also.”

She paused and looked at the reception counter, her brows rose.

“Lawyer ahjussi?” She spoke as she walked towards him, Sehun paused and looked at her.

“Sam.” He was surprised to see her.

“What brings you here? I didn’t know we couldn’t afford lawyers now.” She commented as she leaned against the counter, the girl behind it was looking at her with curiosity.

“Actually, I was just~” Sehun was about to explain when Somin reached for the document from the girl’s desk and started to read.

“Se—ual harassment?” Her eyes doubled in size, Sehun mentally sighed.

“Our…One of our employees, oh that piece of .” She muttered to herself, Sehun grew amused.

“What are you doing? Give him in an access card.” She looked at the female employee, who only stared back at her oddly.

“I’m sorry, miss. But we simply cannot give him one. Manager Jang refuses to meet with him.” She said airily and crossed her arms.

“What is happening here? Are we letting erts run around the company? ing crazy.” She stated, the lady just stared at her oddly.

Sehun grew confused, it seemed like that the employee didn’t know who Somin was.

“Tell him I am demanding him to meet with Lawyer Oh. Now.” She ordered as she handed the paper back to Sehun.

“I’m sorry, but who are you to say that? Please don’t make me call security to you out.”

Somin exhaled and took out her driver’s license and tossed it across the desk. The lady took hold of it and her eyes widened.

“V—Vice president~”

“My face alone is the access card. How about I have you escorted out of my building?” She stated flatly before taking Sehun by the sleeve, guards scrambled after her to unlock the sliding plastic barricades.

“I think we should be reviewing our security measures here, especially our PR, our receptionists .” She spoke.

“Yes, vice president.” One of the males nodded right away.

“I mean, you already know one of our employees, no matter how high the position is did wrong and yet you’re protecting him?” She spoke, the lobby grew silent.

“But, vice president, our procedure here is to~”

“I didn’t ask for an explanation. You do that in front of your boss. President Park is in his office, explain it to him.” She waved him off, Sehun saw the girl behind the counter biting her lip in worry.

“Isn’t this abuse of power?” Sehun muttered to himself as they reached the elevators.

“Isn’t ual harassment also a form of abuse?” She shot back as the doors before them opened.

“How come they don’t know you?” Sehun asked as they got in the machine.

“It’s my first day here, and I really don’t like that girl. Should I ask oppa to get her fired?” She asked as she checked her watch.

“So, you really are a spoiled brat.” Sehun nodded back at her, Somin looked at him again.

“At least I’m a reasonable one.” She shrugged at him, Sehun grinned and shook his head.

The elevator doors pinged open and she stepped out.

“Not bad for a first day, right?”

“At this rate, people run and hide whenever they see you.” Sehun replied as they walked across the hall, Somin shrugged.

“That’s kind of the goal, laywer ahjussi.”

“It’s..Sehun, actually.”

“Well then, you can call me Sam, pro bono boy.” She chuckled as they reached the operations office.

Sehun scratched the back of his head and just followed her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++