041

Lost and Found

 

“They taught you how to handle a gun at ten years old? Your childhood is better than mine.” Somin nodded from the countertop.

“Sure, look where that got me, reform school.” Sehun replied dryly as he set the plates on the table. The two were at Sehun’s condo unit in Gangnam, having dinner.

“But it gave you this whole mysterious stranger vibe. It’s kind of cool.” Somin grinned as she slid down from the counter.

“Mysterious stranger? That’s a first.” Sehun mused as he gestured for her to sit down.

“My mother has been calling me since yesterday, I don’t want to pick up.” She murmured before choosing to sit on Sehun’s lap instead.

“I think she wants to talk about what I did.”

“What if you finally got through her? She realized how Hong Daehwi is dangerous.”

“I just found out today, Hong Daehwi’s daughter and the child’s mother left him the moment they found out he was fired from Korea Air.” Somin said softly before wrapping her arms around his neck and leaned her chin on the crook of his neck.

“That child had no fault in this, but I feel like I just took her father away from her.” She exhaled, Sehun smiled and wound his arms around her.

“You’re worried about that? That’s really nice of you, miss Park.” Sehun said softly.

“As much as I want to run him over with a truck, I don’t like hurting children. It’s not right.” She explained quietly, Sehun’s brows rose then he suddenly stood up and lifted the girl on the table, Somin blinked back at him.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, you probably protected that little girl from a bad person.” He said as he met her gaze evenly.

“I know that, but~”

Sehun cut her off by pressing his lips against hers, he smiled before pulling away.

“Let’s stop talking about bastard, I’d rather we eat and let you rant my ears off about other stuff.” He said jokingly before lifting her off the table.

“So, about the guards~”

“No, we are not discussing that again. They’re watching~”

“I know, but just for tomorrow. Kai and I are visiting these potential reception halls and I’d like to have some privacy? Besides, I’m with Kai, what could go wrong?” She nudged his knee with her foot.

“Sammy, what if someone tries to attack you? And~”

“We’re going out in broad daylight, lawyer ahjussi. Let the girl live.” She sighed at him, Sehun’s lips quirked up.

“Okay, only if you answer my calls.” He said before pushing her plate towards her, Somin smiled happily.

 

 

“I think this is it, can you imagine how this place will look like at night?” Somin smiled admiringly as they walked in the empty hall, its walls were made of glass that provided them the view of lush greenery and a well maintained garden.

“It’s relaxing.” Kai nodded as he buried his hands in his pockets and looked around, Somin grinned at him.

“It’s still surprising to see how calm you are at this; the old Kai I know would panic at the mention of marriage.” She commented as she approached one of the glass panels.

“Ya, when the time comes, you’ll know.”

“You mean, when the right person comes.” Somin corrected him, Kai chuckled and walked towards his friend.

“Are you worried? Your best friend’s getting married.” He hummed in a teasing manner, Somin snorted.

“I’m happy for you, Kim Jongin. And finally, you’ll stop annoying me at work now that~”

“That wont change, Sammy, don’t lie to yourself.” Kai chortled, Somin elbowed him.

“But, Chaeyoung unnie and Jena mentioned this girl,”

Kai nodded for ther to continue as they walked back towards the elevator.

“Jung Minhee.”

“Ah, her? She’s a junior of Sehun in law school, why? Did you meet her?” Kai asked as the doors opened.

“I did, she’s very…cutesy.” She shuddered.

“She’s okay, quite smart too.” Kai said as the elevator went down, Somin rolled her eyes and checked her phone.

“Sehun’s flying squad didn’t come with you today.” Kai joked as they reached the car park.

“It was a special request; we haven’t been able to hang out lately.” Somin said before hugging the male briefly.

“I’ll see you this weekend then, Sammy.” Kai gave her a small wave before walking towards his car, Samantha made her way towards her R8 and slid inside the vehicle.

 

 

“So, Sunrim foods paid the settlement fee?” Minhee asked, the older male nodded back.

“It was not an easy process but in the end of the day, they realized how large the damage was.” One of the senior partners stated before opening his coffee.

“You took that as pro bono?” Minhee asked Sehun, the three were at the company’s café.

“The complainant worked for them for almost six years, the whole time she always got sick and the company never compensated her for hospital bills. It was unfair.” Sehun shrugged.

“And during the investigation, they found out that the company wasn’t even practicing proper waste disposal, so,” The older male grinned at Sehun.

“Another target to hit for our lawyer Oh.” He chuckled, Minhee nodded. Then Sehun glanced up, one of the managing partners was calling for him.

“I’ll be back.” He said before standing up, Minhee watched as the male walked away from their table.

“You want something to eat? A sandwich?”

“Yes, sure, sunbae. Then I’ll go get~”

“No, it’s fine. You stay here.” The male shook his head and made his way towards the counter, Minhee looked at their table and realized that Sehun had left his phone.

“Oppa, your~” She halted when the device started to vibrate, she looked at the screen and saw Somin’s name.

Minhee shook her head before flipping the screen face down.

 

 

“I know, oppa. You want to add flights to Japan and Berlin.” Sammy spoke as she drove, Jaejoong was on the phone with her.

“Can I assign this project to you?” He asked.

“Yes, I can take care of it.” Somin replied, her eyes went to her rear-view mirror, her brows rose when she saw the same red beat up sedan still driving behind her.

“Good, I’ll have someone send the files over to your office.”

“Okay, oppa. See you later.” She said before ending the call, she checked the mirror again and saw the red vehicle. Somin bit the insides of her cheek before turning a sharp right.

“It can’t~” She paused when the red sedan also did the same, now it was trying to catch up with her. She quickly reached for the touch screen console and searched for Sehun’s number.

She stepped on the gas as the line connected her to Sehun, but he never picked up.

Somin started to dial again, while glancing at the red sedan which was now right behind her.

And then she shrieked as the red sedan bumped her from behind, she cursed under breath as she stepped on the gas.

“Why isn’t he picking up?” She muttered as she checked the mirror again, the car was now trying to chase after her. Somin’s grip on the wheel tightened as she looked at her GPS, she was closer to Sehun’s office than hers.

“Let’s see what you can do, overpriced car.” She muttered to herself as she put the vehicle on full speed and maneuvered around the other vehicles, she ignored the protests from other cars as she passed by.

She tried calling Sehun again but she got disconnected, Somin exhaled and concentrated on the road instead, she took one short glance at her rear-view mirror and saw the red sedan still tailing her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++