004

Lost and Found

 

Sehun took his seat across the lady, his eyes went to Kai.

“Look who made it on time,” Kai commented just as their food arrived, Somin looked at the male across her and she leaned back on his seat.

“Sammy, this is Sehun. We met him during college.” Jena started.

“And, Oh Sehun, this is Somin. Been stuck with her since nineteen ninety-four.” Kai presented.

“It’s actually Somin.” She corrected him before offering her hand.

“Jena mentioned you’re a lawyer.” She said as Sehun shook her hand, the male nodded.

“Sehun’s a senior partner at Choi and Min.”

“A senior partner?” Somin did a double take, Sehun’s brows went up, his eyes went to the girl’s accessories then to her get up. He grinned to himself, just another chaebol daughter.

“You know what that means, right?” He asked as he leaned on the table.

“You look too young to be one, besides, it’s kind of rude to ask whose son you are, right?” She chuckled before picking up her drink.

Kai sighed, Somin never really had a filter for her words or her thoughts.

“So, any big clients? I heard about that public indecency by the SungAh Group son.” Somin said conversationally.

“He only takes pro bono cases, so he knows nothing about that.” Kai hummed.

“So, you’re into charity work. Nice.” Sammy said, Sehun chuckled.

“I’m surprised you know that word, Sam.” He commented, Somin paused, her left eyebrow arching.

Jena sent Kai a look, the two were somehow at already each other’s necks.

“Be nice.” Jena murmured to Sehun, Kai laughed.

“It’s Somin, lawyer ahjussi.”

“You look more of a Sam to me.”

Somin’s eyes narrowed briefly, Sehun offered her a smile.

“Let’s eat, children.” Kai nudged them both.

 

 

“Maybe inviting them both to lunch wasn’t a good idea.” Jena commented as they stepped out of the restaurant.

“I know, but I really needed to meet up with Somin.”

Jena shook her head at him, Somin was already making her way to her car.

“You heading back to work?” Kai called to Sehun as he followed him to the parking lot, Jena blew him a kiss just as her chauffeured Mercedes pulled over.

“I have to, I still have that Park Holdings things, remember?” He said as they reached his Kia sedan.

“Well? Do we have plans tonight?” Somin called from her birght yellow Porsche Boxster, Sehun glanced at her.

Somin’s eyes rose up as her eyes went to the Kia briefly, then she looked at Kai again.

“I’ll meet you at hyung’s office.” Kai gave her a wave, Somin slid inside her car and sped away from the lot.

“She’s the friend you mentioned, right? The one you grew up with.” Sehun said as he leaned against his car.

“Yeah, she’s been working overseas for a while now, anyway, thanks for the meal.” Kai slapped his arm.

“And I’m guessing she’s the someone you know from Park Holdings?” Sehun crossed his arms.

“She’s Chanyeol hyung’s younger cousin. Don’t you need a shortcut?” Kai shrugged at him, Sehun snorted.

“Totally useless. Get off.” Sehun shooed him away before getting inside the vehicle.

“You’ll regret not taking this shortcut!” Kai called after him, Sehun just shook his head at him.

 

 

Sehun loosened his tie as he stepped in his office, he heard his secretary follow him.

“Do we have an update regarding the Seo Minhoon case?” He asked as he sat down.

“Yes, from what I heard his side doesn’t want to go on trial. As what you suggested, they are planning to settle before this month ends.”

Sehun nodded and turned to his computer, he paused.

“Then, did you contact that..Park Holdings manager?”

“Yes, I did manage to reach him, but,” The female shook her head, Sehun’s brows rose.

“He told me not to bother him and we didn’t have enough proof to be calling him during work hours.”

Sehun exhaled and shook his head, his secretary bowed, then they heard loud cheering from outside.

“What’s going on?” Sehun identified a fellow senior partner’s voice amongst the voices.

“They’re cheering, sir.”

“For?”

“Apparently, we got the case of the century.” She said with a smile.

“What case? A high profile one?” Sehun started to browse on the files on his desk.

“Not really, but it’s rumored to be the divorce of the century, sir.”

 

 

“What?” Somin glared at his friend, Chanyeol sighed from his desk.

“Didn’t you say that you’d always be there for me?” Kai retorted from the couch, Somin exhaled and walked back to him.

“Well, in times of difficulties, you don’t look like you’re starving.” She hissed at him as she plopped down across the Samsung heir.

“Must you really argue in my office? We have tons of rooms here.” Chanyeol hummed, but he was ignored.

“But I need your help with everything!” Kai pleaded, Somin closed her eyes briefly.

“Kai, you’re the one getting married, why do I have to be there with you for the planning? Do I look like a wedding planner?”

Chanyeol shook his head and just went back to his laptop.

“Is it really too much?” Jongin blinked at her.

“It is.” Somin rolled her eyes at him.

“Here I was thinking that you’d always be there for me. I was there during your graduation, not complaining about the Singaporean heat, I was there when you finally took over the company, I was even there during your first~”

“Fine!” Somin barked, Chanyeol laughed from his seat.

“She better say yes or else I’ll really feed you to a merlion.” She hissed at him, Kai blew her a kiss.

“I hate you, get lost.” Somin shooed him away.

“Merlions don’t exist, by the way.” Kai said as he stood up and put on his coat.

“Our friendship is about not to also.” She pointed out, Kai chuckled and just leaned over to kiss the top of her head.

“I’m glad you’re back, Sammy. Take care, hyung.” He gave Chanyeol a wave before leaving the office.

Somin groaned and leaned back on the couch, she tossed her heels away and looked at her cousin.

“What is it?” He asked as he slipped the white envelope off his desk and inserted it in one of his files in the drawer.

“Can I extend my stay then, oppa? From a week to….a couple of months?” She blinked at him, Chanyeol smiled.

“Of course, you can. Have you called your parents?”

“Later. I wanna have fun first.” She said before taking out her phone, Chanyeol nodded, his eyes went to the envelope again.

 

It’s probably better you don’t know.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++