034

Lost and Found

 

 

“Your secretary forwarded this to my office yesterday.” Kai mused as he tossed to letter on Sehun’s table.

Sehun picked it up and he shook his head.

“I know, you’re going to ask me to attend for you, but I have a feeling this year will be different,” Kai said as he plopped down on the leather couch.

“Should I?” Sehun looked up from the paper.

“If you want to.” Kai shrugged at him, Sehun exhaled.

“What does Somin plan to do with Daehwi?” Kai questioned.

“She mentioned something about an audit on his department.”

“Does she think he’s been stealing from the company?” Kai sat up, Sehun nodded.

“To support his child and the mother.” Sehun loosened his tie and looked at the letter again, Kai grinned to himself.

“What made you even reconsider, Oh Sehun? You used to shred those letters right away.”

“I think…I think it’s about time those rumors stop.” Sehun stated carefully, Kai’s brows rose.

“What rumors?” He asked, his phone pinged and he took it out.

“About me and Somin. She might appear unbothered about it, but I know it may~”

“Ya!” Kai bolted up from his seat, Sehun blinked at him oddly.

“Look at this.” He walked towards him and handed the phone to his friend, Sehun looked at the screen and he paused.

“Cancelled?” Sehun murmured.

Kai shook his head and exhaled.

“Another round of rumors coming your way, mafia boy.”

Sehun his lips and stood up from his seat, he picked up his phone and dialed.

“Is she still at work?” He asked.

“Yes, sir.”

Sehun nodded and buried his left hand in his pant pocket.

“Inform her that I’m dropping by.”

Kai continued to read the article released by Im Banking Group, it was announced that Jaebum’s engagement has been called off.

 

 

Somin’s lips quirked up as she walked into her office, there was already someone waiting for her inside.

“It must be urgent, seeing that you’re boldly sitting here.” She said as she walked towards her desk and set her purse down.

“I came here to talk to you, about business.” Hong Daehwi stood up and met her gaze evenly.

“Fire away.” She shrugged with a flourish for her hand, she sat down.

“I understand that you called for a meeting yesterday, but how could instruct an immediate audit without my presence? They’re all laughing at me.”

“Why would I need you to be present? Aren’t I your boss? I mean,” Somin leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

“You’re a manager, I’m a CEO.” She stated flatly, she saw Hong Daehwi’s jaw clench.

“Somin-ah, I know you’re already used to this, but, there is a certain~”

“You want to discuss mechanics with me, then fine.” She said as she picked up the phone on her desk.

“Bring it in.” She said before putting the device down.

“You shouldn’t be messing around with your family’s company, Somin-ah. I know you’re just angry at me for~”

Dave walked in the room, Somin chuckled.

“I’m not messing around, I’m working.” She said as Dave set the document down on her desk.

“Since you started to question my first move as director, how about this,” She pushed to paper towards him, she saw how the male tensed as soon as he saw it.

“W-What~”

“I didn’t know a fake diploma could get you promoted, and even land you your own division to manage.” She chuckled and looked at him.

“Fake? What are you~”

“Don’t even try to cover this up. I have way more connections than you. You think I didn’t go a background check on you right after I landed? That’s not how I work, Hong Daehwi.” She spat as she stood up.

“You don’t know what you’re doing, Somin.” He hissed at her, she snorted.

“You’re fired. Effective immediately.”

“You can’t do this!” He stood up and slammed both of his palms on the table, the burst open and security came in.

“Guess what? I can.” She winked at him before the guards pulled him away.

 

 

Somin stepped out of the elevators, she was about to head over to Kai's office when her mother blocked her path.

“You ungrateful brat.” She stated, Somin exhaled.

“He has a fake diploma from business school, eomma. That was grounds for contract termin~”

“Don’t act smart with me, I know what you’re doing.”

“What exactly is it, eomma?”

“You’re doing all this to spite me. First with my assets and now, this? You’re going overboard.”

“Overboard? We don’t even know what else he lied about!” She shot back, the elder shook her head.

“Why can’t you just accept that your father and I are over, Sammy? You can’t fix this.”

“Did I mention your boyfriend has a daughter?” Somin stated, she saw how her mother froze.

“He bought them an apartment at Suwon a few months ago. And by them, I’m also talking about the mother.”

“Whoa, I have no words. You’re willing to go this extent, daughter?” Her mother replied, her tone flat.

“You think I’m making this up? Eomma, he’s just using you, he wants your money!”

Then her mother raised her palm and struck it across her cheek, it was strong enough to make Somin fall on the tiled floor.

The employees passing by halted and looked at the two with shock. Somin let out a shaky breath.

“This has to stop, Somin-ah. He’s important to me.” Her mother spoke, and then three males in dark suits approached her, they helped Somin stand up.

Her left cheek had gone swollen.

“More important than me, I get it now.” She spat before pulling away from the guards.

“Somin~”

Sammy took out her car keys and tossed purse away as she stepped out of the doors, she quickly got in her R8 and drove away.

 

 

“What?” Sehun snapped, the three males looked away. He looked at Somin’s discarded purse.

“She also left her phone, we…we cannot trace her.”

Sehun shook his head and placed the purse inside his car, he looked at the building before him again.

“What happened?”

“She…The young miss had disagreement with her mother, young master. Her mother…hit her. And people were watching.”

Sehun sighed and took out his phone.

“You! Aren’t you that lawyer of hers?”

Sehun looked up and he gestured for his men to move away, Hong Daehwi was marching towards him.

“Do you need something?” Sehun asked and put his phone back in his pocket.

“You’ve been feeding her all this bull.” Hong Daehwi spat.

“Whatever Somin did, I’m sure she did it because she has to, mister Hong.” Sehun replied flatly.

“Don’t even act like you had nothing to do with this. Isn’t this part of your plan? You approached her to~”

“I wouldn’t go there.” Sehun cut him off, his men watched in worry.

“That spoiled brat doesn’t deserve anything.” Daehwi spat at him.

“And you do? You had her car burned, you even spread that video, and here you are, trying to scare me off.” Sehun stated.

“Ah, that video did shed some light on you, she keeps on telling me that I’m only after her mother’s money, aren’t you the same?” Daehwi smirked at him.

“You’re also trying to get in her pants for the money, well, I wouldn’t blame her. She probably wants to screw you all the time~”

Sehun grabbed him by the collar and his fist connected with his nose, Hong Daehwi landed on Korea Air”s front curb on his back.

Sehun’s men tensed but they didn’t move, his smirk appeared, he didn’t pay attention to the people who were staring at him.

Sehun leaned over and took a firm grip on the collar of his shirt again, Hong Daehwi started to gasp for air frantically as blood started to drip down from his now busted nose. The men watching grew concerned, it was that expression on the young master’s face that they rarely see and when he had that look, it meant that he was beyond mad.

He was livid.

 

“Be careful. I’m not the type to let go of things easily.” Sehun stated before dropping him back, he glanced at the crowd  staring and got in his car.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++