032

Lost and Found

 

“First, I would like to thank you all for being here despite the short notice,” Jaejoong spoke up.

“I know my announcement over the weekend has confused a lot of you and also surprised most of the board.”

“Although, I am please I hear no resistance.” He said pleasantly, the other directors chuckled lightly.

“We’ve always wanted to meet Misook’s daughter, president. And, we’ve heard nothing but good things about the young miss.” One director spoke up and smiled at Somin.

“Well, I am here to formally introduce Somin to everyone, she will be taking on major departments by next week.”

Somin stood up and bowed politely.

“I hope for everyone’s guidance.” She said with a smile, then she saw Hong Daehwi on his seat, he was staring back at her.

“Departments? I hope you take on finance, I’ve heard what you did with Park Holdings Singapore.”

“Yes, I plan to check on that too, director Moon.” She nodded back, Myungsoo gave her a thumbs up.

“But, why the sudden move here, director Park?” Hong Daehwi spoke from his seat, the room turned quiet.

“Why? I can’t?” She replied, Jaejoong hid his smile.

“It seems rushed, that’s all. Nevertheless, welcome to Korea Air.”

“Why are you welcoming me? I’ve always been part of this company ever since I was born.” She chuckled before taking her seat, Hong Daehwi looked away, his fists curled on his lap.

“You might give him a .” Myungsoo whispered as she sat down.

“That’s kind of the goal.” She mused back.

 

 

Sammy smiled back as employees greeted her at the lobby, it felt weird working for her mother’s side of the family, she was always used to working with Chanyeol ever since. But it was refreshing. Her two older cousin were doing a great job running the airline and she felt happy that she was finally working with the two.

She walked out the doors and noticed a familiar figure waiting for her.

“Oh Sehun.” She murmured, Sehun was leaning against his car while checking on his phone. It was a habit of his that she noticed.

“Anything interesting?” She asked as she walked towards him, he looked up and put his phone back in coat pocket.

“How was your first day?” He asked, he saw Dave behind her and gave him a nod.

“Exciting. I thought you had to be in court today?”

“It was moved.” Sehun shrugged and opened the door for her, but someone called for Sammy before she could get in.

“Are you going out for lunch?” It was her mother, Sehun paused and looked at the girl.

“Does it look like its dinner time?” Somin replied, her mother shook her head.

“Sammy, I heard about what you did at the BOD meeting, how could you do that? How could mix business with personal~”

“Am I really getting this lecture from you? Of all people?”

Her mother exhaled and shook her head.

“I’m glad you finally decided to join us, but if you are doing this~”

“Then, tell me honestly, eomma. Do you have any plans to marry him? Did he propose to you?”

Sehun discreetly took the girl’s hand in his and gave it a light squeeze. Somin’s eyes were on her parent as the lady remained quiet.

“He has.” Somin spat and shook her head.

“Sammy, you don’t have a say in that. It’s my business~”

“You’re taking his side even after what he did, eomma. I have no words.” She intervened.

“What about you? Did I even ask about this young man you’re seeing? Your father and I~”

“Why? Do you also buy that story? That he’s with me for money?” She shot back.

“Somin-ah,” Sehun said gently.

“Well, you’re not doing anything about it.” Her mother replied.

“Well, at least he’s not waiting on me to die so that he can be my heir.”

“What are you trying to say?” Her mother shot back, Somin shook her head at her.

“I’ve been trying to explain to you, eomma. But you never listen. So, figure this out on your own. Do you think you’re the only woman in his life?”

Somin slid inside the car, Sehun bit his lip and gave the elder a polite bow before going around the vehicle.

 

 

“You had to see that. Do I need to apologize?” Somin asked as they entered the mall, Sehun smiled and took her hand in his.

“I was tasked to give you some…helpful information.” He started.

“What?”

“The video, Kai and Chanyeol hyung just found out this morning. His name is Nam Dookwan, he is the owner of the camera and he was the one who sold the video to that gossip site.”

Somin’s brows rose but she nodded, then she looked at him.

“Whoa, you look really good in pinstripe suits.” She commented, Sehun grinned at her.

“Really, I mean it.” She chuckled as she fixed her tie for him, people glanced at the two as they passed by.

“Sammy,”

“Continue.” She murmured as she straightened his necktie.

“He works for Korea Air. One of Hong Daehwi’s underlings. He is currently assigned at your PR department.” Sehun said carefully, but Somin didn’t react. She just continued to fidget with his tie, Sehun bit his lip.

“Somin-ah~” Sehun squeezed her waist to gain her attention.

“I heard you.” She sighed as she pulled away from him.

“Wow, it’s just my first day and I already know who to get rid off.” She murmured, Sehun smiled and nodded.

“What do you want to do about it? I can take care of it.” He offered, she snorted.

“I’ll take care of it. You have to stop doing things for me, it makes me look bad.”

“So, you just want me to watch us this guy continues to attack you?” Sehun questioned, Somin closed .

“Well, no. But I can~”

“I know, you can finish him off by yourself, but I don’t want you to get hurt.” Sehun said coolly as they reached the restaurant.

“What if this exposes you? Hotshot lawyer is actually Kia’s son?” She said teasingly, Sehun chuckled.

“If I wanted that released, it would have been out by now, miss Park.”

“Are you showing off now?”

Sehun shook his head and grinned at her.

“What shall I get you for your housewarming? Another a baseball bat?” He asked as they were led to their table.

“I want a puppy. It’s time I have a child of my own.” She nodded to herself, Sehun nodded and pulled the chair for her.

"How can I let a child raise a child?" Sehun said as he took the seat across hers, Somin stuck her tongue out at him.

 

 

Sehun exhaled and looked at his father.

“What brings the two of you here? I thought we had a deal.” He said as he sat down, his mother rolled her eyes at him.

“I know we did. But, for how long are you going to keep her from us, son?” Mrs. Oh spoke, his father grinned at him.

“I’m not keeping her from you, but~”

“You’re not a child anymore, why must we have to remind you of this? I want to meet that pretty young lady.”

“Eomma, we just~”

“Does she know about you? How embarrassing if she thinks you’re just some commoner. And don’t even think that we don’t know about that Im Banking Group son trying to mess with you.” She shook her head, Sehun blinked at her.

“Your mother knows everything.” His father nodded at him.

“She knows. I told her everything.” Sehun nodded, her mother smiled.

“That’s good then, bring her over for dinner sometime.”

Sehun bit his lip but he gave her a small nod.

“But, son,”

Sehun faced his father.

“I respect that you decided to choose this path for yourself, I’m proud of you.” He gestured around his office.

“But, I don’t like how the media is talking about you. You’re my son, you’re not just a nobody. They drew this image of you that makes you look like some leech to Park Somin.”

“Abeoji, I don’t~”

“I’m just saying, it might not be bad to stop hiding your identity. Being my son is not something you should hide.”

“Abeoji, it’s not that~”

“I know, if people knew who you really were, it would be a hindrance to your career. But Sehun-ah, you’ve already proven yourself. People respect you.”

Sehun’s eyebrows knitted together.

“I’m just saying, it might not bother you now, it will come handy in the future.”

“You’re not referring to my being with Somin, right, abeoji?” Sehun asked lightly.

“No. I’m only thinking about you, and I don’t like how that Im Jaebum boy is talking about you. Obviously, you already won.” He said in a smug tone, his wife sent him a dry look.

 

“Think about it, son. It’s not a bad idea to be connected with Kia.” His mother said jokingly.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++