027

Lost and Found

 

 

Somin exhaled as she dipped her feet in the water, the clear night sky didn’t really help soothe her nerves. Her cheek still felt a little sore from what happened earlier.

She couldn’t believe it. Her own mother took a stranger’s side. She could never understand what she saw in him, Hong Daehwi was no prize. He looked shabby and had bulging eyes that made her want to puke. She shuddered to herself.

It didn’t really make sense to her why her mother took the man’s side. And Somin knew she had to fix it.

“He’s probably just after your money, eomma,” She murmured to herself.

“Uh, young miss?”

She looked up, one of the maids was standing before her, she saw Sehun step out from the patio doors.

“Would you like me to set the table now?”

“No, but, can you please ask the kitchen to prepare something to drink? Non-alcoholic, please.”

“Yes, young miss.” The maid hurriedly left, Somin stood up as Sehun reached her.

“I should probably charge a retainer fee or something.” He said conversationally as he set the pizzas on the table.

“I didn’t ask the kitchen to prepare anything. But, just tell me if you feel like having~”

“It’s fine. Pizza’s good.” Sehun stopped her, then he paused. Somin was busy arranging the table as she set the pizza down.

“Sammy?” Sehun strode towards her and made the girl face him, his eyes went to her cheek, it was red and swollen.

“Ya, what happened?” Sehun panicked slightly.

“I…had a little chat with my mother.” She said without looking him, Sehun frowned.

“Sammy. I~”

“I just wanted to check whose side she was on. Then, well, not to my surprise, she took Hong Daehwi’s.” She said, her voice grew a little shaky. Sehun put his coat down and looked at her.

“I asked him why he sent that man to burn my car, he denied it. Thick faced .” She muttered to herself.

“But, my mother…I just..I don’t understand. I mean how c—could she..I~” She exhaled and faced him.

“I’m sorry, lawyer Oh. I had a really rough day.” She sighed, Sehun nodded and simply opened his arms to her.

“I didn’t want to bother you, but I couldn’t reach Kai and I didn’t want to disturb~”

“It’s fine.” He said as he tugged the girl towards him and gently wrapped his arms around her, Sammy exhaled and buried her face on his chest.

“My family’s falling apart. And I have an ex trying to mess with everything. What a great day to be Sammy.” She said in a muffled voice, Sehun smiled and pressed his nose on the crown of her head.

“At least you have pizza.” He mused at her, Sammy chuckled and pulled back to meet his gaze.

“Pizza and my so-called hotshot lawyer boyfriend.” She nodded at him, Sehun shook his head at her and made her sit.

“Should we invite Im Jaebum over?” Sehun asked her, Sammy glared at him. He laughed, his eyes went to her bare legs as she sat across him. He grabbed his coat and draped it over her lap before handing her a pizza slice.

“Eat up, miss Park. And I’m going to get some ice for that.” Sehun gestured towards her cheek before walking back to the house. Somin nodded and she leaned back on her seat, her eyes went to Sehun as he made his way to the kitchen.

“Confusing.”

 

 

“What did you say?” Hong Daehwi looked up from his desk, his secretary bit his lip before nodding again.

“I don’t know how it happened, sir, but,” He placed the set of photos on his desk, the male’s eyes widened as he saw them.

“This is the guy?” Daehwi asked again, his secretary nodded.

“H—How did this happen? Surely, the police didn’t do this to him? It’s illegal.” Hong Daehwi muttered as he examined the photos. They were pictures of the man he paid to threaten Somin, he looked all beaten up and bloodied.

“So, they tortured him and he spilled his guts?”

“Yes, however,”

Daehwi exhaled and shook his head, he shut his laptop close.

“He didn’t exactly confess who paid him to do it, so, how did Park Somin agasshi find out?”

“She probably just assumed things, that brat wants to get rid of me.” Daehwi chuckled, his secretary sighed.

“She’s a smart lady, sir. You should be careful, please stop trying to get on her bad side. The fact that she let her cousin cover it up is alarming.”

“If she doesn’t sign those documents, then my plan will be destroyed, you know that.” Daehwi argued back.

“What do you plan to do, sir?”

“I am going to make her sign those papers, no matter what happens.”

“Sir, the young miss is quite~”

“I don’t care; she doesn’t scare me.” Daehwi chuckled before lighting another cigarette.

 

 

“What?” Chanyeol almost dropped his glass of water, Sehun was leaning back against the counter, listening.

“Resign?” Kai echoed, he was in the process of refilling the ice pack for her.

“I thought about it, oppa. It’s better if I work for the other side.” She said, Somin was seated on the counter, explaining.

“But I just got you back.” Chanyeol blinked at her, she grinned and tried to slide down from her position.

“I know, oppa. But with my mother being that blind when it comes to Hong Daehwi.” She flinched as she struggled to slide down, Sehun stepped forward and gently lifted her off the counter.

Kai grinned to himself before handing her the ice pack.

“I have to be there, oppa.” She bit her lip, Sehun’s brows furrowed deeply and Kai caught that.

“Sammy, this guy sent someone to burn your car.” Chanyeol stated.

“This is exactly why I called all of you here. I want you to know that I’m going to transfer to Korea Air and I am moving out.”

“What?” Chanyeol’s forehead was creased.

“Wow, two bombs in one night.” Kai said dryly, he was glancing at Sehun curiously.

“No. You’re staying here.” Chanyeol replied, Sammy sighed.

“Oppa, I can’t stay in your place forever. You and Chayeoung unnie are getting serious.”

“Sammy, it’s not safe.”

“Where are you moving?” Sehun spoke, Sammy looked at him.

“I tell you, living alone it’s not safe. And there are a lot of people who might try to~”

“Is your place far?” Sehun asked as Chanyeol started to nag continuously.

“My house is just next door. The lot next to the one we’re in now.”

Sehun chuckled and looked at the older male.

“Hyung, stop it. You’re overdoing it.” Kai shook his head at him, Chanyeol huffed and crossed his arms.

“Anyway, I’m going to get my phone upstairs. I have to call Dave to make arrangements.” She said before walking towards the staircase.

“What is it?” Kai looked at his friend, Chanyeol paused and glanced at Sehun.

“I just found out today, I had that wire transfer traced.” Sehun said as he took a seat on one of the stools.

“Sammy’s gut feeling was right, it was Hong Daehwi.”

The two turned quiet, Sehun shook his head.

“She went there to bluff, of course, he didn’t take it. But for sure, he will try to threaten her again.” Sehun explained.

“No.”

“And it’s quite obvious that she will be working in the same building as him, so, it…it’s risky, hyung.” Sehun finished, Chanyeol exhaled loosened his tie.

“You got all of that in a day? The police have been trying to contact everyone about it.” Kai stated.

Sehun shrugged and picked up his glass of water.

“Nothing a few calls can solve. So, what do you plan to do?” Sehun asked the two.

“You know, she has to know about you. I mean, real you.” Kai said conversationally, Sehun paused.

“Sehun-ah, Sammy will~”

“Oppa!” Sammy came hopping down the stairs, Kai and Chanyeol both halted.

“What is it?”

“My car’s ready for pickup tomorrow! I’ll probably get it before heading to unnie’s party.” She beamed at the three.

“Is it a Kia?” Kai asked, Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

 

“Sammy!” Chaeyoung called excitedly as a silver Audi R8 convertible pulled over beside the other cars, Jena and Kai looked up and saw their friend.

It was almost four in the afternoon and the party had just started, drinks were being served around while other guests had the option to take a dip on the pool.

Sammy was clad in a pair of ripped denim shorts and her bikini top as she slid down from her car.

“Happy birthday, unnie!” She beamed as she hugged the older girl.

“Chanyeol has been complaining about your sudden plans, he hates it.” Chaeyoung mused as the girl joined their booth.

“It has to be done, unnie.” She shook her head as she took off her sneakers and looked around, there were about fifty guests, enjoying the music and privacy that the Hans’ villa provided.

“He sounds dangerous, Sammy. If what they’re saying is true, he really might just be using your mother.” Chaeyoung said worriedly.

“Nothing I can’t handle, unnie.” She replied as she picked up a margarita.

“I heard Sehun and Jaebum had an agreement. Again.” Jena started, Somin looked up from, her drink and nodded.

“Jaebum has issues. He’s nothing but a complication.” Somin nodded simply, Kai rolled his eyes.

“You say that now, but every time he appears in front of you, you freeze.” He stated.

“Not helping.” Jena eyed him warily, Somin was about to reply when another car came speeding in the property. It was a black Mercedes Benz C63 convertible, and the roof was down, revealing the driver.

“It’s Sehun.” Jena was confused, she looked at Kai questioningly. The other guests even paused to look at the newcomer.

Somin followed their gaze, Sehun was in the process of parking his car. The girl paused, her brows rose briefly.

“Sehun-ah!” Chanyeol was smiling as he jogged towards the younger male, Sammy smiled to herself before picking up another drink.

“Am I late?” Sehun asked as he reached their table.

“Not exactly,” Sammy said as she stood up, she got her phone from her purse.

“I just have to~”

“Ya, Park Somin.”

Chaeyoung looked up from her drink, Somin turned to face the owner of the voice.

“Oh..N—Nayoung-ssi.” She spoke, Nayoung smiled at her before pouring her drink all over the other girl’s head.

Jena stood up, but before anyone could react, Sehun stepped in.

“You ! And to think I invited you to our wedding, it was my idea to~”

“That could get you in a lot of trouble. She could file a complaint against you. Harassment.” Sehun stated, Somin exhaled and brushed her hair away from her face.

“Do you think I care? Jaebum was right, the only reason why you’re hanging around her is because of her money. So, why don’t you back off and let us finish our talk?” Nayoung snapped at him, Chanyeol and Kai glanced at each other.

“Sehun, don’t~” Somin tried to pull him back but something happened that made her stop, three men in black suits started to block her view of Nayoung.

“How about you tell your fiancé to back off instead? He can’t keep on wanting something that’s mine.” Sehun stated, Nayoung paused, she was looking at the men in suits who were blocking her from taking another step closer.

“Get her off the property.” Sehun stated before facing Somin again, the girl was staring back at him, he could almost hear the questions in her head.

“Somin, I~”

“Yes, young master, we’ll walk her back to her car.” One of the guards spoke, Kai almost laughed on his seat. Chaeyoung scratched back of her head before walking towards the pool instead.

 

“Young master got busted.” Chanyeol murmured to himself before jumping on the pool.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++