026

Lost and Found

“Why did you send that stout man to burn my perfectly y BMW?”

Hong Daehwi halted and could only stare back at the girl.

“S—Somin-ah, it—What are you saying?”

Sammy chuckled and took one step towards him.

“Well, I asked you a question first, you don’t get to give one back.”

“Somin, what are you saying? Why would I burn your car?” Daehwi tried to reach for her arm, but Somin stepped back.

“Exactly, why would you do that?” She replied with a small smile.

“So~”

“Somin?”

Somin paused, Daehwi turned behind him. Somin’s mother was walking towards them, she was followed by two managers.

“I wasn’t expecting you to be here after what you did earlier this morning, daughter. Or have you finally~”

“You know what your boyfriend did, eomma?” She cut her off, Hyun Misook paused and looked at her only child.

“Daehwi?” She spoke, the male smiled and walked to her side.

“He set my i8 on fire. Surely, you heard about it in the news?”

Her mother started to shake her head in amusement.

“Tell me, what will he gain from that, Sammy?”

“He knows I hate him, eomma.” She stated flatly, Hong Daehwi looked away.

“Can’t you see this? This guy is driving a wedge between you and I. You wont~”

“No, you are the one doing this, Park Somin. You suddenly come back here and you think I should put my life on hold just because you can’t accept the fact that your father and I are separating? And, just because you don’t like who I’m with now, you start harassing him too? Is that how I raised you?” Her mother shot back, Somin halted, her jaw clenched and unclenched.

“Misook, yeobo, don’t,” Daehwi said calmly, Somin stared at him.

“Yes, this is how I was raised. Smart enough to see through men like him. .” She spat, her mother’s eyes narrowed and before she could react, Somin felt her palm across her cheek.

The lobby turned quiet, Somin’s cheek started to sting but that didn’t stop her from looking to face the two.

Her mother was staring at her, wide-eyed, she put her hand down shakily.

“Sammy, I~”

“Fine, let’s have it your way, mother.” She spat before walking out of the building.

 

 

Chanyeol leaned back against the wall as he watched the two detectives interrogate the criminal.

“He still won’t say who sent him the money, hyung. And it might take time to trace it.” Kai commented, Chaeyoung bit her lip worriedly.

“Somin?” She asked.

“She went to Korea Air’s office, probably to speak with her mother. I think things from the settlement meeting earlier didn’t go well.” Chanyeol murmured as he pulled the girl towards her, Chaeyoung friend.

“Why can’t they just give her a break?” She sighed, Kai shook his head.

“I heard about the incident this morning, Jaebum confronted Sehun.” Kai started, Chanyeol looked at him.

“He did what?”

“Why does he want to die so bad?” Chaeyoung blinked at the male.

“I got a call from his secretary, it was one of those meetings again. And then he mentioned what happened, apparently, high school delinquent Oh Sehun almost came out.”

“What happened?” Chanyeol grew concerned.

“Jaebum started to tell him how he was never going to be able to protect Sammy, and that his enemies were the ones who burned her car.” Kai said as he sat down and grinned.

“So, Sehun asked him if he wanted to take it outside.” He finished, Chaeyoung balked and she grew amused.

“This..doesn’t sound like a laughing matter.” Chanyeol trailed off.

“It will be, once Jaebum realizes who he just challenged.”

 

 

Chanyeol’s driver watched as the car sped away from the building, he scratched the back of his head before hailing a cab.

On the other hand, Somin was on the phone waiting for her older cousin to pick up her call, her eyes were cold and empty as she focused on the road.

“Somin-ah,”

“Oppa, I have a favor to ask of you.”

She could almost see the male smile, she stepped on the gas and looked ahead.

“What is it?”

“I want a seat in the company.” She stated.

“Well, you do have one, darling. You just need to take it.” He said in a chirpy tone.

“You know what I want, right?”

“I heard about you and Hong Daehwi. And also, what happened at the lobby minutes ago, I’m sorry I couldn’t be there. I was at a meeting.” He said apologetically.

“It’s fine, oppa. I’ll start tomorrow.” She said.

“Is it really that bad, Sammy? This Hong Daehwi?” He asked in a polite tone.

“There’s a chance that he may be after my mother’s assets, especially when it comes to the company. And I don’t want that to happen.”

“Sammy, you don’t have to do all this. I respect your decision that you want to work with your father’s side of the family. Oppa can take care of this, you don’t have to worry about your mother.”

“Ani, I have to clean up after my mother, oppa. I’ve been depending on you too much, and there’s only three Korea Air kids, at least let me redeem myself a bit.”

The older male chuckled and nodded.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then, be careful.”

Somin bid him goodbye and pressed on the red icon, she let out a shaky breath before touching her cheek. She bit her lip as she felt her cheeks getting damp, Somin slammed her fists against the wheel before pulling over.

 

 

Sehun exhaled as he leaned back on the elevator’s walls. The doors opened again and he stepped out, his buttoned his coat and headed straight for the doors.

He was about to ask for his car when his phone started to ring.

“What is it?” He said as he answered.

“Sir, we finally traced the account.”

Sehun paused, his brows rose briefly.

“Who is it then?”

“It was wired to him actually, it used a lot of fake IP addresses to bump us, but, the person made one mistake.”

“What mistake?” Sehun asked as a black Mercedes Benz C63 AMG coupe pulled over in front of him.

“He was using a Korea Air laptop finish the transaction, we traced it to Hong Daehwi’s office.”

Sehun paused and he started to shake his head.

“I’ll send the other details to you via email, sir.”

“Okay. Thank you.” Sehun quipped before putting his phone back in coat pocket, he gave the valet a polite nod before sliding in the vehicle.

His phone started to ring and he picked up.

“Sehun, it’s me.” Sammy’s voice echoed into the car’s speakers.

“I know, that’s why I picked up.” He replied with a small smile, but the girl didn’t repy. Sehun paused, his brows rose at her silence.

“Sammy, are you okay?” He asked quickly.

“I—I just…never mind. Forget that I called. Enjoy your weekend, lawyer ahjussi.”

“Wait, Samantha,” Sehun called out.

“I’m Samantha now?” She replied, Sehun bit his lip.

“How about dinner? To celebrate the criminal’s admittance to his crime?” Sehun said hesitantly.

“Is it okay if we get take out? I’m not exactly up for being in public right now.”

“So, I’m not worthy of being around you in public then, miss Park?” Sehun replied, Somin snorted.

“I’ll bring food over at Chanyeol hyung’s house then. I’ll see you.” Sehun said simply without asking her anymore questions.

“I’d kill for a large pizza.” Somin suggested, Sehun chuckled.

“I’ll take note of that.”

 

“I’ll see you then, Oh Sehun.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++