023

Lost and Found

 

Sehun stepped on the gas as he tailed behind Chanyeol, he took out his phone and put it on Bluetooth mode.

“Yes, sir?”

“Park Somin.” He spoke as he switched lanes, his grip on the wheel tightened.

“What about the Park heiress, sir?”

“I want to know where she is.” Sehun’s jaw clenched and unclenched. It didn’t feel right, who in their right mind would burn down such a flashy car? Surely, people would notice if someone did that at a park.

“Yes, I will call you back, sir.”

Sehun leaned back on his seat and he tried calling for Somin again, he sighed as his call went straight to voicemail.

His phone started to ring again, he glanced at the screen and he paused.

“Secretary Yoon?” He said politely as he picked up.

“Yes, lawyer Oh, I just would like to remind you that your meeting with Shinsan Group’s representative has been move tomorrow, and the minimum wage case has been submitted to your desk.”

“Okay, thank you.”

“And, sir?”

“What is it?”

“You were right, the person who has been calling our admin office is a certain Im Jaebum. I had it checked.”

Sehun’s lips quirked up before ending the call.

 

 

Kai was pinching the bridge of his nose as the board meeting went on, he watched as one of the directors started to explain their plans in the next three months. As well as explaining how they’re upgraded to using a new software would make the company more efficient.

Kai was about to react when his phone buzzed, he took it out and his eyes widened as he looked at the video clip Jena had sent him. And then it hit him, it was Somin’s car.

His phone rang and he swiftly swiped on the green icon.

“I’ll have to take this.” He excused himself as he stepped out of the meeting.

“Kai,” Jena sounded worried.

“Well, how’s Somin? Is she~”

“That’s the problem. No one knows where she is. Her phone’s off.”

Kai exhaled and shook his head.

“Kai,~”

“I’ll call Sehun. I’ll pick you up later.” Kai said reassuringly before ending the call and dialing Sehun’s number. The male picked up after two rings.

“I know what you want me to do.” Sehun said as soon he answered.

“You know?”

“I was at her office when news blew up.” Sehun stated, Kai could hear the loud sirens from the other line.

“You’re at the scene?”

“I’m with Chanyeol hyung. Did you reach her?” Sehun replied, Kai could sense the discomfort in his friend’s tone.

Sehun hated uncertain situations. And no one knew whether Sammy was okay or not.

“Well, do you have anything?” Kai asked.

“I already asked them to search for her, but nothing yet. I’ll call you back.”

 

 

Sehun could only stare at the vehicle as firemen started to extinguish the flames, Chanyeol was standing behind him, talking with Somin’s secretary.

His brows furrowed as he noticed something spray-painted on one of the i8’s door panels, he put his hand over his mouth as he approached the vehicle slightly.

His eyes widened as he realized that the paint was still wet.

“Hyung, I~”

“Oppa?” A feminine voice made Sehun turn, Somin was walking towards them, wide-eyed and confused.

“What are you~ Oh!” She halted as she saw her car, Chanyeol exhaled and walked towards her cousin.

“Where were you?!” Chanyeol groaned as he reached her.

“Well, I was…I was at this apartment, I asked the landlord if we could talk. Then, we came here, and…I…I..” She was staring at her car, she looked around them. The police were securing the area as the firemen worked on the vehicle.

“Oppa, my car…Why..” She trailed off, her eyes went to Sehun.

She pulled away from her cousin and started to walk towards her car, Somin’s eyes zeroed on the markings on the door.

“Sammy,” Sehun tried to steer her away, but she shook her head at him.

BACK OFF

“The paint is still fresh.” She murmured, Sehun shook off his coat and draped it around her shoulders.

“Is this your car, miss?” A policeman walked towards her, Sehun pulled Somin behind him.

“Go to my office, Kai will pick you up from there.” He said quietly, Chanyeol walked towards them.

“But, Sehun, my car~”

“Just go. We’ll take care of this one.” Sehun met her gaze evenly, her brows furrowed. Sehun offered her a smile before handing her car keys to her.

“Drive safely.” Sehun as he pointed towards his car, Somin started to shake her head.

“Sehun, I was just speaking with the~”

Sammy, in a matter of minutes, reporters will be arriving. And when they see you, talk will start again. You know how that goes.” Sehun explained patiently, Somin exhaled. Chanyeol was now speaking with the officer.

“I…I’ll see you later?” She asked him, Sehun gave her a nod. Sammy exhaled and walked towards the sedan, she got in and slowly drove away from the scene.

Chanyeol’s eyes went to Sehun briefly, the younger male nodded back at him. And then Sehun glanced behind him, two black SUVs started to discreetly tail his silver Kia sedan as it drove away from the parking lot.

 

 

Sammy walked inside the room, Sehun’s secretary had prepared a warm cup of tea for her. She sat down and closed her eyes briefly.

“Back off?” She murmured to herself.

“Sammy,”

She looked up, Kai and Jena had walked in the room.

“Ya! You made us worry to death!” Jena slapped her arm before hugging her, Sammy had smiled and hugged her back.

“I wasn’t in the car, Jena. I was…” She paused, Kai looked at her questioningly.

“I was actually out talking to Hong Daehwi’s previous landlord.”

“You went to meet him alone? Are you crazy? What if he tried to~”

“No, Kai. Listen,” Somin asked him to sit down, Somin shook off Sehun’s coat and placed it on the rack with care.

“Hmm, Armani. Nice.” She murmured to herself as she saw the label.

“Custom made too.” She nodded with approval, Jena grew amused.

Typical Samantha Park.

“Sammy? Can we please go back to the matter at hand?” Kai called from the couch.

“Well, he said that Hong Daehwi went to some local community college outside Seoul. I have yet to check that one. And that, well, that ahjussi wasn’t certain about it, but he did see Daehwi with a child. Frequently.”

“Your mother said he was single.” Jena spoke, Sammy nodded and sat down.

“Exactly, he said he never did get to ask Daehwi about the child, but he did hear her call him appa.”

Kai paused, his brows went up.

“Sammy, I kno~”

“Hong Daehwi may or may not have a daughter, Kai.” Somin stated seriously, Jena puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms.

“He really might be playing my mom.” She said while shaking her head.

“I’ll look into it, in the meantime, will you be going around with a driver? Sammy, with what happened today, Sam, I don’t think~”

“No. I can drive myself.” She cut him off, Kai sighed.

“What if he found out that you’ve been sniffing around his past?”

“What are you trying to say?” Sammy looked at her friend.

“Sammy, your car was burned while you were out talking with Hong Daehwi’s previous landlord.” Kai stated.

“He has a point there, Sammy.” Jena spoke softly.

“It sounds dangerous, Somin-ah. Think about it.” Kai reasoned with her.

“I have to know, Kai. Besides, he wont be able to touch me. Even if he tried.”

“What are you saying?” Kai followed her gaze, Somin was staring at Sehun’s nameplate on his desk. His eyes widened and he looked at his fiancé questioningly.

“Sammy? What do you know?” Kai asked carefully just as the doors opened, Sehun strode in while carrying an envelope.

“If I don’t sign those,” She pointed towards what Sehun was holding.

“My mother wont be able to get anything out of Korea Air.” She mused, Kai let out a big breath. Sehun looked at his friend in a confused manner.

“Okay, you’re being dramatic.” Sammy shook her head at her friend, Jena could only smile at him and kissed his cheek.

“Oh, hey, lawyer ahjussi. I already saw that while I was looking for a parking spot. Nice thing you got there. I love it.” She said conversationally as she walked towards him, Sehun smiled and cupped her cheek briefly.

 

“I had a feeling you would.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++