020

Lost and Found

Sammy yawned as she opened her room’s door, before she could move her cousin’s voice startled her.

“Sorry.” Chanyeol winced as she looked at him.

“What?” She blinked at him, still groggy from sleep, Chanyeol stepped aside and ran for his room. Sammy shook her head as she headed down for breakfast. She was about to take her seat when she noticed a familiar male already seated across her seat, the pot if coffee was across him, already filled with fresh brew.

“Sammy,” Mr. Park stood up as he saw his daughter, Sammy groaned before turning for the stairs.

“I hate you, Park Chanyeol!” She barked before taking her seat, her father exhaled and took his seat again.

“What is it? Are you here to question why I’m against your divorce? Because, appa, surely, you know that convincing me to join those meetings with you two is futile, right?”

The elder sighed and set the newspaper away.

“Daughter, I know you’re against it. And I respect that, that’s your opinion. But,”

Sammy picked up her coffee and took a small sip.

“Please talk to us. I didn’t even know that you accepted Chanyeol’s offer, and everytime I call your office, you’re at a meeting.”

“You didn’t even talk to me when eomma decided that she wanted a divorce.”

The elder turned quiet, he sighed and picked up his toast, Sammy bit her lip and looked at the elder.

“I don’t like it, appa.” She stated, he looked up.

“Hong Daehwi…I don’t trust him.”

“I know, I feel the same way too. Honey, I’ve already accepted that your mother doesn’t love me anymore, the reason why I don’t want to settle is that,” He paused, Somin was looking at him, curious and careful.

“I think that man is up to something. And I’ve been warning your mother ever since, but she just wont listen.”

 

 

“What do we have?” Sammy spoke as she stepped out of the house, her secretary was on the other line.

“I got his old address, he used to rent this apartment before joining Korea Air. I will also be sending you the landlord’s number, director.”

Sammy nodded and got in her car, she started the i8 and checked the interior, she exhaled.

“Is something wrong, director?”

“Is there any way you can check for me if my mother’s assets are safe? I mean, her shares of stock, her titles and personal accounts?”

“I can try, I know someone from her retainer’s office.”

“Good, thanks.” She said before ending the call, she paused as Chanyeol joined her in the vehicle.

“Nice move, Yeol.” She muttered as she stepped on the gas, he grinned at her.

“You had to talk to uncle at some point, Sammy.” He said as they left the Park property.

“I’m against it.” Chanyeol blurted out as they reached the main road, Sammy paused and glanced at him questioningly.

“If you ever think about getting back with him, I’m against it.” He said flatly, Sammy started to smile.

“That’s something I decide on, oppa.”

“I’m the oppa, my voice counts too.” He muttered back and crossed his arms, Sammy laughed and shook her head.

“You don’t have to worry about that, oppa. It’s not like I have any plans to.” She grinned at him before facing the road again.

 

 

Sehun stepped out of his condo building and headed for his car, he was dressed simply, a pair of well fitting denim jeans and a black shirt. His black bomber jacket hung over one shoulder as he got in the Kia sedan.

He was about to start the car when his phone pinged, his brows rose as he read the message.

He pressed on the green icon and put the phone towards his ear.

“Sir,”

“Don’t make it too obvious, at least..leave one article or two.” He stated as he started the car and put it on one hand, he used his free hand to maneuver out of his parking lot.

“Have you seen the article, sir?”

“I don’t have to. Just make sure they find nothing.” Sehun said before ending the call, he set his phone down and sped away from the parking lot.

He leaned back on his seat and smiled to himself.

“This is refreshing, Park Somin.” He murmured to himself, and then his phone rang, he looked at the screen and winced. He took out his Bluetooth earpiece and answered.

“What is it?”

“I saw the photos, I’m impressed, son.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and stepped on the gas, his eyes went to the familiar BMW i8 behind him. His lips quirked up and he rolled down the window.

“She’s just a friend, abeoji. And that was just a game.” Sehun said calmly, the i8 sped past him, he caught a flash of Somin. He smiled to himsled as he saw Chanyeol roll down his window as well.

“Really? Samantha Park of Park Holdings?”

“Don’t do it, abeoji.”

His father chuckled heartily.

“I’m just saying, good choice, son.”

“Kai will kill me, abeoji. Let it go.” Sehun grinned back before ending the call, the i8 slowed down and Somin was grinning at him as she held onto the wheel with one hand.

“Brunch?” Chanyeol called out over the noise.

“At the usual place, hyung!” Sehun replied loudly, he winked at Somin before closing the window.

Sehun paused, his fingers curled around the steering wheel and he bit on his lower lip while smiling.

“What am I doing?” He murmured to himself before switching lanes.

 

 

“So, you’re really going to just let this roll?” Chanyeol commented as he looked at the article.

“Yeah, sure, Park Holdings’ new director shows off hotshot lawyer beau.” Sammy repeated before pushing the quiche away from her.

“Hotshot lawyer? Wow. How shallow.” Sehun said before drinking his coffee, Chanyeol looked at his friend briefly.

“I already called the office, surprisingly, there weren’t a lot of articles to take down. I think they’re more interested with eomma bringing her boyfriend to a Park Holdings party.” She shrugged, Sehun nodded and leaned back on his seat.

“By the way, what did Jaebum say to you? you were all tensed up last night.” Chanyeol said to her, Sehun noticed how the girl paused, her hands hovered over her fork.

“He said he’d leave Nayoung for me, but I declined.” Sammy said coolly before taking a forkful of her cousin’s pasta, Sehun paused.

“So, I really was used last night.” Sehun echoed, Sammy grinned at him.

“I’m really sorry, lawyer ahjussi. You were the closest one..I could..use..kiss, whatever.”

“Ya, you’re a woman. How can you be so forward?” Chanyeol balked at her, Sehun laughed.

“Oppa, it’s just Sehun. Relax. I’ll got get us some fruit.” She said as she stood up.

“Kiwi?” She asked him.

“With~”

“I’m guessing oranges too?” She asked, Sehun nodded.

“Good. I’ll get peeled apples for our giant child here too.” She chuckled before walking away from their table. Sehun finished his coffee and pushed his plate away.

“Sehun, being…in this weird pretend relationship with my cousin may…cause trouble for you, you like being under the radar.”

“Hyung, she needs my help.”

“I know, as her lawyer, but you didn’t need to go this far. You could have just told her to deny the rumors, but you didn’t.” Chanyeol said quietly, Sehun’s eyes went to Somin again who was choosing fruit for them.

“Do you want me to apologize earlier?” Sehun spoke, Chanyeol blinked at him.

“I…I think I am interested in her, hyung.”

Chanyeol paused, his eyes went to the younger male.

“Ya, do you know what that means? Im Jaebum’s already been rejected, and~”

“I’m not going to do anything about it yet, hyung. I just want to get to know her more. Somin…Somin’s different from other women I’ve met.”

“Wow, Kai will really kill you.” Chanyeol murmured, Sehun grew amused.

“You’re the older cousin and Kai’s the one who’s going to kill me?”

“Somin’s the scary one, not me.” Chanyeol said quietly.

Somin reached their table and set a platter of fruits before them.

“Looks good, Sammy.”

Sehun just smiled at her before picking up his fork, he took a slice of kiwi and popped it in is mouth.

“So, how many Kias do you have, Oh Sehun?” She spoke, Sehun paused and looked at her questioningly.

“I’ve known you for only..a month or so, but I’ve seen you with three different Kia cars. Are you one of those fanatics?” She blinked at him, Chanyeol had to bite back his laugh.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++