002

Lost and Found

A/N: Just updated the foreword :>

 

 

“Oh,” Somin’s secretary paused as three black SUVs halted before them.

Do you actually think he’d let me walk home?

All of the cars had Samsung’s logo on their license plates, he glanced at his boss again.

I haven’t called my cousin yet, I want to surprise him.” She explained just as a familiar face slid down from the car.

“Ahjussi,” She grinned as the Kims’ family butler opened his arms to her, Somin chuckled before hugging him.

“When the young master called me I was so surprised, I was starting to think you would never come home, young miss.”

“Guess who forced me to come home?” She replied as she took out the ring from her purse, staff started to load her things into the cars.

“Did you get my request?” She asked him, the male nodded and a black Maserati convertible pulled over.

“The young master regrets that he cannot come pick you up, he has dinner with miss Lee.”

“How’s Jena doing?” She asked as she walked towards the car, she gestured for her secretary to get in one of the SUVs.

“She’s doing well, young miss. Where shall we take your assistant?”

“You can drop him off at our residence, thanks ahjussi.” She gave him a small wave before getting inside the car. Her secretary watched as the car sped away from the jet with an alarming speed.

“I’m sure you can speak Korean?” The butler turned to him.

“It was a requirement, sir.”

“Well, now you’re seeing a part of their friendship’s dynamics. And also, welcome to Seoul.”

 

 

“So, did you like the wheels I sent you?” Kai asked, Somin rolled her eyes as she dropped one hand to her lap.

“I’m driving over to oppa’s office now.”

“Typical Sammy, just got off a plane, and heads to work.” He chortled from the other line.

“So, we can’t meet tonight? How the hell do I return this rock to you?” She asked as she checked the side mirror again.

“How about lunch tomorrow? I think I can fit you in my schedule.” He murmured.

off, Kai.

Kai laughed, then another feminine voice added.

“Is he bothering you again, Sammy?” Jena called out, Somin grinned.

“I still wonder why such a nice lady like you is still with a d-bag like him, Jena.” She greeted back.

“We should totally hang out tomorrow. Lunch? I can ditch Kai for you.”

“In a heartbeat.” Somin added, she could hear Kai’s protests as he tried to take the phone back.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Jen. You can take Kai if you need to.” Somin said before ending the call.

 

 

Somin checked the time, it was just four in the afternoon and yet she could already feel summer coming.

She switched lanes and stepped on the gas with a small smile on her face, in a matter of minutes she was approaching one of the tallest buildings in the city that carried a familiar logo on it’s front.

She pulled the car to a stop and smiled to herself as she slid down, the valet service staff paused when they saw her.

“Hmm, ma’am, you cannot park here, we~”

“Agasshi!” A senior staff ran out as he saw her, the two staff paused in confusion.

“Is it true I cannot park here anymore?” She frowned, the male shook his head quickly.

“You two, do you not recognize her?!” He scolded them, Somin shook her head.

“Take it easy, manager Jin. I haven’t been home in a while, besides,” She glanced at the two males.

“They don’t work for me. But for my cousin.”

As soon as the words left her lips, the two males scrambled to get the car key from her.

“V—Vice president, we’re sorry, we didn’t know you would be~”

“It’s fine, is my cousin in?” She asked, they both nodded. Somin nodded before heading into the lobby. Somin let out a breath as she walked in the lobby, she looked up and her eyes went to the portrait of her late grandfather.

She walked towards the elevator, ignoring the stares she was earning and got inside. The doors opened again as she found herself in the top floor. She made her way across the large halls and stopped.

“Do you need anything, miss?” The lady stood up from his desk.

“I came to see, oppa.” She said before approaching the double doors, but the girl was quick to block her.

“I’m sorry, it’s by appointment. And the president is~”

“Well, I’m~”

“Please step away from the doors, miss. I don’t wish to call for the security, it would be embarrassing for you.” She said in a snobby tone, she was blocking Somin with both arms.

Somin blinked, her eyes narrowed at the girl.

“Oppa! Come here!” She called out, her voice echoing through the walls. The secretary rolled her eyes.

“Ah, so you’re one of those girls.” She spoke, Somin didn’t react, then the doors opened.

“Somin-ah!” Her older cousin blinked in surprise.

“Get a new secretary.” She said flatly before sidestepping the girl and shut the door to her face.

 

 

“You got back today.” Park Chanyeol, head of Park Holdings’ Korea asked as they stepped out of the elevator.

“I had to, Kai was harassing me.”

“Why? Did something happen?” He asked, Somin shook her head and just looped her arm around his.

“He’s planning on proposing to Jena, and he needs my help.”

“Kai? Married?” Chanyeol glanced at her, she chuckled and shrugged.

“Exactly, how can we let a child get married?” She spoke, employees would glance at them as they passed by. To many, Somin was a new face and it was rare to see president Park Chanyeol alone with a woman.

“Well, he’s doing it next week, so you have to deal with me by then.” Somin stated.

“I’m glad you’re in town. Sammy. Shall we grab dinner?”

“Totally.” She nodded, she glanced back and saw the girl from earlier walking towards the two of them.

“President,” She called, Somin crossed her arms and faced her.

“I guess you didn’t hear, you’ve been replaced.”

“Somin-ah,” Chanyeol said softly.

“Vice president, I’m sorry if I have offended you, I was just~”

Somin raised her palm to stop her from talking.

“Before you leave, make sure to put up an announcement we’re hiring.” She pointed out before getting inside the waiting Rolls Royce Wraith, Chanyeol exhaled.

“I’m sorry, miss Hong. But, she will get what she wants.” He said before following his cousin, he got in the driver’s seat and looked at her.

“Your first day back in Seoul, and you’ve already fired an employee.” He hummed sarcastically as the car started to move.

 

“I’m not one of those girls, oppa.” She deadpanned at him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++