015

Lost and Found

Sehun glanced at the girl beside him briefly, Somin had been quiet ever since they left the Park Holdings building.

“The meeting went well today, I mean, sort of.” Sehun started to speak, Sammy nodded without speaking.

“Your father’s stance remains the same, he doesn’t want the divorce. And your mother…she still wants to separate. They did ask about you and I told them your side and this is actually the part when you start explaining why you’re in my car.”

Somin slowly blinked and turned to him, Sehun looked at her again.

“I needed an escape and you provided me one, thanks, lawyer ahjussi.” She murmured in a soft tone, Sehun smiled.

“Your ex-boyfriend made you feel uncomfortable again?”

“Kai didn’t pay you to appear at that very moment, right? Because that would be creepy.” She said to him.

“No. I actually wanted to talk to you about how the meeting went earlier.” Sehun nodded as he stepped on the gas again.

“Where am I dropping you off, young miss?” He asked her.

“I’m assuming you’re heading to Jena’s place?” She looked at him while scrunching her nose.

“I am.” Sehun replied as he checked the side mirrors.

“Did you hear…what Jaebum was saying?” Sammy faced him, Sehun shook his head.

“Was I supposed to?” Sehun replied, Sammy smiled and shook her head.

“Anyway, thanks for the save, Oh Sehun.”

“You call me by my full name now. Very gutsy, Park Somin.” He mused back, Sammy chuckled and slapped his arm.

“It’s been a long day, lawyer ahjussi. Don’t start with me.”

“You started it, getting in my car right in front of your company, with the amount of eyes on us, you~”

“Ya!”

Sehun started to laugh at her expression.

“Lighten up, Sammy. We’re on our way to celebrate with Kai and Jena.” Sehun said before facing the road again. Somin paused, she leaned back on her seat and smiled to herself.

 

 

“Congratulations!” Somin cheered as she got into the foyer, she gave Jena a big hug and ignored Kai who was waiting with his arms open for her.

“I’m the best friend.” Kai muttered, Sehun stepped in and handed a cake to him, he paused.

“You two came together?”

“Yeah.” Somin replied as she pulled away from Jena, Kai blinked at her.

“Something came up at work, and Sehun was there to talk about my parents. I didn’t feel like driving so, I got in his Kia.” Somin stated as she headed for the living room. Jena grinned and watched as Sehun followed her into the house.

“Interesting.” Kai murmured as Jena pulled her to follow the two.

“Very smooth, Sammy.” Sehun said lowly as they reached the other guests, her older cousin gave them a wave.

Chaeyoung made her way towards them.

“You know how he hates Jaebum.” She commented as she picked up a glass of champagne and handed it to him.

“Anything new on Hong Daehwi?” Sehun asked just as Chaeyoung reached them.

“Hey, noona.” He greeted the older girl.

“Nothing yet, I’ll keep you posted though.” She winked before blowing Chaeyoung a kiss, then she picked up another glass of champagne and downed all its contents before approaching the pool.

Sehun chewed on his lower lip as he watched the girl before walking to his friends.

 

 

Chanyeol was watching his cousin and he shook his head.

“Oh, good thing you made it.” Suho said as Sehun walked towards them.

“How did you end up driving Sammy here?” Chaeyoung asked him as she leaned against Chanyeol.

“Well, it just happened, noona.”

“Heol, you keep secrets now.” Suho chuckled, Chen grinned at him.

“Well, she’s my client, so,” Sehun shrugged.

“It’s Jaebum, huh?” Chanyeol spoke, Sehun paused and looked at the older male.

“Ugh, that little , again?” Kai popped out of nowhere, Chaeyoung chuckled.

“I got a call from the office that he came by to talk to her, but someone picked her up.”

Sehun nodded and took a sip from his champagne.

“How does she handle everything? Her parents’ divorce and Jaebum’s getting married.” Chaeyoung frowned.

“I’ll got get her something to eat.” Chanyeol said, but Sehun blocked him.

“I’ll..I’ll do it, hyung.” He said, Chanyeol paused and nodded. They watched as Sehun walked towards the buffet table and started to pick out some food for her.

“He…I have to admit; he gets how Sammy is. It’s strange.” Kai murmured, Suho snorted.

“That’s not bad.” Chanyeol smiled as he glanced at Somin again.

“Sammy needs someone like him, calm and steady.”

 

 

Jaehum got in his office and exhaled. He made his way to his desk and his eyes went to the folder on his desk.

He sat down and loosened his necktie before picking up the folder. He started to take out its contents and read them again.

“Nothing. Nothing on him.” Jaebum said as he looked at Sehun’s data. It stated his current address, work address and other contact details.

He was even surprised when he found out that the young male was already a senior partner at one of the largest law firms in the country and yet, there was something odd about his biodata.

Jaebum went through it again, Sehun had went to prestigious academies and schools. He graduated at the top of his class and with honors.

“This doesn’t add up.” Jaebum stated, then he paused when he noticed that there were two blank spaces on the sheet.

His brows went up.

“He’s an orphan?”

 

 

Sammy exhaled as she shook off her heels and sat down, she let her feet be submerged in the water and she sighed.

She looked at her phone again, her parents had been calling her the whole day. She really had no problem about them wanting to separate, but if only they told them sooner. Then the blow wouldn’t be that hard on her.

She swallowed and leaned back.

And she can’t help but be wary of her mother’s new beau. There was something off about him.

And Im Jaebum.

Im Jaebum always complicated things for her. She has no idea what he wants and as to why he was at her workplace questioning her about Sehun earlier also confused her.

“Those oppas are worried about you.”

She looked up just as her shoes were placed beside her and a plate of food was served on her lap. She paused, Sehun smiled as he plopped down beside her.

“Oppas?” She asked as she looked at the house again, her cousin and his friends were all waving her over.

She smiled and picked up a mini Panini from her plate.

“I didn’t know what you liked so, I got a bit of everything.” Sehun said as he looked at her.

“Thanks.”

“How bad?” Sehun asked her without glancing at her, she bit her lip.

“I don’t understand. Why couldn’t they tell me earlier about the divorce. And why….why does she want it so bad? Did my father hurt her? Did he~” She let out breath and set the plate aside.

“You know they’re the only one who can answer that, Sammy.”

“I know, but…once I do start talking about this to them, then it would become real. And…I don’t think I’m ready for that yet. I don’t want them to separate.” She murmured as she closed her eyes briefly.

“And you think by sniffing around Hong Daehwi~”

“No, it’s not that. I just want my mother to be safe.” She said as she picked up another snack, Sehun smiled at her.

“What? Wow, you know how to smile!” She balked at him, Sehun’s expression turned dry. She chuckled.

“Well asides from the divorce~”

“Whoa, I’m not your therapist. I don’t have to hear everything.” Sehun said as he stood up, Sammy rolled her eyes at him. He chuckled before offering his hand to her.

“I know, it’s pretty obvious that Im Jaebum bothers you but,”

Sammy took his hand and let him pull her up.

“He’s in the past, Sammy. You shouldn’t let him bother you.” He shrugged at her.

“You are surprisingly kind today, Oh Sehun.”

“I have my days, Park Somin.” He chuckled before pulling her back to the house. Then he started to take out something from his coat pocket, Somin stopped and she started to laugh.

“Oh my god, you’ve been carrying me around the whole day?” She mused, Sehun looked at the mini standee again.

“Well, if my co-workers see it on my desk…they might think I’m odd.” He replied as they reached the house. Somin looked at the doll again and she smiled.

“It’s a nice prop though, totally helped during the meeting.” Sehun nudged her as they got inside the living room.

Sammy smiled and shook her head, Sehun paused and stared at her.

“I’ll go talk to oppa first, he looks like he has questions that need answers.” She patted his arm before walking towards her cousin.

Sehun nodded slowly, he let out a breath before getting himself another drink.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++