011

Lost and Found

 

Somin took her seat and faced her computer, she picked up one of the documents on her desk and started reviewing it.

“Director?”

She looked up as Dave walked in the office.

“You have that internal management meeting this afternoon and, your father’s waiting outside.”

Somin paused, she set the document down and stood up.

“Is oppa out?”

“He said he’s here to see you and it’s not about work.” Dave said uncomfortably, she exhaled and gave him a nod.

“And, please call Choi and Min for me? I don’t have lawyer Oh’s number so….I can’t contact him.”

“Yes, director.” Dave stepped out of the room and came back with the Park elder.

“Somin-ah,” He spoke as he walked into the room, he was about reach for her daughter when she raced one palm at him.

“I’m quite busy today, what do you want?” She spoke, the elder paused.

“Somin, I know you’re disappointed with all this, but I tried to cover it up because~”

“Because eomma had an affair?”

The male halted and shook his head.

“We wanted to explain to you first, but the media got to you ahead of us. We~”

“Abeoji, you two have been in talks for six months! Six months!” Somin argued.

“I was hoping we’d come to an agreement and~”

“An agreement that didn’t include me, your only child. That’s really nice. Parents of the year.” She stated flatly before picking up her purse.

“Sam, wait~”

“I have a meeting. If you need anything, just call my lawyer. He’s working for Choi and Min too. I don’t like having to deal with this mess.” She said before leaving the room.

 

 

Sehun was about to head out to meet his other client when he noticed his workmate’s secretary rushing after him.

“Lawyer Oh!”

“Oh, secretary Oh, is something up?”

“It’s the president, he wants to see you. He’s with a client too.”

Sehun grew confused, but he gave the lady a nod before following her. Sehun straightened his tie as they reached the office.

He was led in by the secretary and he bowed politely as he entered the room.

“Lawyer Oh, finally you’re here.” The president of the firm, Choi Shinguk ushered him in. sehun smiled then he noticed the other males in the room.

He recognized one of Choi and Min’s senior partner and also Park Seonjae of Park Holdings.

Somin’s father.

“I would like you to meet mister Park Seonjae, one of our clients.”

“Yes, nice to meet you, sir.” Sehun said, the male gave him a warm smile and shook his hand.

“You might have an idea already why I’m here, huh, Lawyer Oh?”

“Uhm, Sammy and I have already discussed this and~”

“Sammy? She lets you call her that.” The male chuckled and nodded for him to continue.

“But, she hasn’t really given me any specific instructions, sir.”

“It’s fine, I just wanted to meet the lawyer my daughter was talking about. I have to be honest, I’m quite shocked to see how young you are.”

Sehun just nodded.

“Sehun’s one of our aces here in the firm. But he’s always taken pro bono cases, I’m guessing you and young miss Park are good friends?” Choi Shinguk stated.

“Well, I guess you can say that.” Sehun smiled awkwardly, then his phone pinged. It was a text from Somin.

My dad will probably drop by to say hi. –Sammy

“Thanks for the heads up, Sam.” Sehun muttered to himself.

 

 

Somin took out the files from the envelope and started to reread them.

“Hong Daehwi.” She murmured quietly as she looked at his photograph, she was checking the man’s past, educational background and his bank accounts.

“Can I come in?” A deep voice made her look up, she nodded and smiled at her cousin.

“What’s all that?” Chanyeol asked as he sat across her.

“Eomma’s boyfriend or whatever should be addressed as. Hong Daehwi.”

From the look on her cousin’s face, Somin began to explain herself.

“He’s young, oppa. Way too young. And I still don’t understand his background. It’s like he came out of nowhere. Poof!”

“I understand that, but, shouldn’t you at least let your mother explain about this? Uncle was here too earlier, but I heard you walked out on him.”

“You asked me to help you work here, oppa. I’m not going to let some family issue~”

“Sammy, I know, believe me, I understand what you mean. But this is a family issue. And it affects you directly.”

“It’s not like I’m walking out on them, oppa. I hired someone to deal with them for me.”

“What?” Chanyeol blinked, Somin smiled at him.

“I asked Sehun to represent me.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

“And, he obliged?”

“It took some persuading, but yeah.”

“Huh. Are we talking about the same Oh Sehun?” Chanyeol replied, Somin grinned.

“He’s actually pretty chill, oppa. Don’t worry, I can handle this.” She said just as her phone pinged.

It was a text from Jaebum that contained the address of the restaurant. Somin puffed her cheeks and stood up.

“The party’s this Saturday, Sam. Just in case you forgot.” Chanyeol said playfully.

“Who would?” She rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

Jaebum stood up as he saw the girl entered the restaurant, Nayoung was smiling as the girl walked up to them.

“Oh, your friend couldn’t come?” Jaebum said as he pulled the chair for her.

“He’s quite busy. Sorry to keep you waiting. I just got back to working with my cousin.” Somin said as she sat down.

“No, no, it’s okay. We just got here too. We’re just waiting for you so we can order.” Nayoung said in a friendly tone.

Somin nodded, she picked up the menu and bit her lip. She was praying that the ground would open up and just her in.

“What do you feel like having?” Jaebum asked her with a smile on his face, she looked up and she exhaled.

“Uh, Jaebum-ah, Nayoung-ssi~”

“You’re not telling us that you can’t come, right? Jaebum said you two have been friends since you were kids, it would be so meaningful to have you with us there.” Nayoung beamed at her. Somin swallowed and set the menu down.

“Uhm, I don’t really know. My schedule has always been a little difficult, but~”

“Somin-ah, come on.” Jaebum grinned at her.

Somin was about to speak when she noticed ring on Nayoung’s finger.

“I have to go, I’m sorry, I just~” She turned to get her purse behind her.

“So~”

“What happened? I kept on calling you.” An oddly familiar voice made her pause, she turned to the table again.

tumblr_ozh0cmu3BB1vokxl0o4_r1_400.gif

Somin’s eyes doubled in size.

“It’s Sehun, by the way.” Sehun said as he faced Jaebum and Nayoung.

“Nice to meet you, Sehun-ssi.” Jaebum shook his offered hand, Nayoung smiled at him.

“We thought you couldn’t join us, thanks for coming.” She spoke as she shook his hand, Sehun nodded politely. Somin was staring at him, confused.

“What are you~” Sehun cut her off by gesturing for her to sit down again.

“Sorry I got stuck at work, we had big clients walk in today. Did you already order for me?” Sehun smiled at her.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++