001

Lost and Found

A written deposition? They’re nuts.” The girl snorted as she swiveled her chair around to face the windows, she flinched as the warm rays of the sun touched her face.

What I’m saying is that with JLT’s recent not so pleasant bumps with the law, we shouldn’t be too eager in partnering with them.” She reasoned, then she heard a soft knock from her door.

Vice president,” Her secretary stepped in quietly, the girl noticed the bag she was carrying, her brows rose briefly but she gestured for him to come in.

I’ll call you later, chairman.” She set her phone down, her secretary placed the bag on her table.

What’s this?” She asked, then she noticed the card stuck on the bag. Her eyes went to the familiar logo and she started to smile.

Your afternoon is a little packed, vice president. Would you like me to order lunch?

Yes, please.” She nodded before dismissing the male, she took out the box from the bag and halted.

“What is he doing?” She murmured in Korean as she opened the box, then she halted.

Inside the box was a huge diamond ring.

She started to chuckle in amusement as she took out her phone and dialed a number.

“So, you got the delivery?”

“What does this mean?” She asked she picked up the ring.

“Can you go home? For me?” He asked, the girl rolled her eyes.

“Are you really going to propose? For real?” She stood up from her seat and walked towards the windows.

“I am. Can you come home for a bit? I might really need your help on this one.” He replied.

“I’m a little busy. And, you’re the man. Why do I need to help you?” She snorted.

“Do you really want to start an argument, young miss?” He asked her dryly, the girl chuckled.

“I’ll text you once I clear my schedule. Do I need to take the ring home?”

“Lose it and I will hunt you down.”

 

 

“I still can’t imagine you getting married. Should I warn her beforehand?”

“That is if she actually accepts,” The male replied as he picked up his coffee, his friend shook his head.

“How’s work for you, commoner?”

“There’s this case that was sent to me, it’s..a little sensitive.” His friend stated as he pushed his latte away from him.

“What? Is it a murder again?”

“No, ual harassment at work. Guess which company.”

“It’s not ours, right?” He asked while wincing, the other male shook his head.

“Park Holdings.”

“Really? I know someone!”

“You always know a someone.” He pointed out, unamused.

“Anyway, she’s coming home in a few days, so things will sail smoothly from then.”

“You speak as if she’s really far away, she’s just in Jeju for work.”

The other smiled and looked at his friend.

"I didn't mean her, I meant the monster I'm close with."

"Monster?" His friend eyed him in confusion.

"Such monster exists. Don't worry, you'll get to meet her."

 

 

“So, she did listen to you. How many times did you have to harass her with your calls?” The girl asked from the other line.

“I asked her nicely, what are you saying?” Kai smiled before opening his arms to the girl.

“I do miss her; I haven’t seen her since last summer.”

“That’s exactly why I asked her to come home, it feels like she loves Singapore more than me.” Kai pointed out, the girl laughed and kissed his cheek.

“I’m glad she’s coming home, your probably need some beating up.”

“Why?” Kai asked as he followed her into her condo unit.

“I heard about what you did, Kim Jongin-ssi.” She said to him as they reached the kitchen, Kai pouted.

“They were starting rumors about you, how could I just let this pass.”

“One of your best friends is a lawyer, why can’t you be a little more…civil?”

Kai grinned and shrugged at her. A week ago someone had started rumors about him and his girlfriend, a gossip site had claimed that she was cheating on him with an older man.

And so Kai did what he does best, he had the gossip site closed down and the reporter be publicly humiliated.

“Be nice, Kai.” She warned before taking out the vegetables.

“Fine.” He rolled his eyes at her but he was smiling as he looked at her fingers.

“Park Somin better not lose that ring.” He said to himself before walking towards the living room.

 

 

“Exactly, I had no idea I would need to fly abruptly.” She murmured as she got in the plane, she was still on her phone.

I’ll probably be back in a week, please take care regarding the Johnson issue.” She said softly.

Thank you.” She smiled before ending the call, she looked up just as her secretary took the seat across hers.

Tell them I don’t want to be woken up for meals, I’ll ask for them if I want to.” She pointed out as she took off her sunglasses.

Yes, vice president.

And, send Jongin a message. Inform him regarding my flight details. And, tell him to get lost.” She finished before closing her eyes.

Her secretary sighed and just stared at his computer screen as the private plane prepared to takeoff.

How do I exactly tell Samsung’s next president to get lost?” He muttered to himself.

He glanced at his boss again, he had been working with her for almost two years now, before he was even assigned to her, he already heard some horror stories, some were true and most were exaggerated.

Park Somin, or Samantha Park, she was head of their Singaporean branch. She was quite known in the business world for her firmness and straightforward personality.

What other people weren’t really aware of was her close relations to Samsung, also, this tiny bit of information often scared off any suitors. But he believed just one cold glance from his boss would make most males go away, but that didn’t seem to work with the Samsung heir.

His phone pinged and he blinked, it was from the man himself.

I’m sure she’s asleep by now. Tell Sam I’m not picking her up.

I don’t have time for that.

Have a safe flight.

 

They do have the oddest friendship.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++