Strange Things

Your's Forever

Chapter 7: Strange Things

 

Hyun Joong met Mrs Kim on the way out end of the stairwell.

“Have dinner with us tonight” Mrs Kim reached her arm out to his shoulder.

“I can’t. I am getting late for the shoot.” He replied without making any eye contact as he quickly walked pass her when she stopped him

“We haven’t had a family dinner in ages, you seem to be really busy now-a-days,” she moved closer to him and held his hand, “Make time for family as well Joongya!” Her despair filled eyes kept staring at his back.

He scoffed as he turned back, “I would have been able to eat dinner with you, if I had not left the shoot halfway,” then moved his eyes to Sia who was sitting in the couch quietly observing the mother son conversation. “Kim Bum made a big fuss over the phone about your friend fainting!”

Sia stiffened and sat straight up as she saw his attention moving towards her, “Op, Oppa, it happened in a way…” she stuttered but was cut short.

“Ah..” he hissed “I travelled all the way from the other side of the town, putting my expensive shoot on hold only to find your friend was perfectly fine..” He sighed in frustration as he walked closer to her, close enough to make Sia cower under his gaze.

“Tell Naina if she cant take care of herself, the least she can do is spare us the trouble to put up with her.” Hyun Joong gritted between his teeth.

Sia just nodded in fear.

“What is wrong with you son?” Mrs Kim was taken aback with Hyun Joong’s unfair outburst on Sia. “No one purposely broke your schedule, we had a reason for It.” she said with a defensive voice.

“Mom..” he sighed trying to control his rage “whatever the reason was, its not good enough.”

”Hyun Joong!” her voice rose up in disappointment. It breaks her heart to see HJ loosing temper so easily. “I don’t understand you any more, you are turning stranger by each passing day. Naina is our guest son! She is our responsibility! How could you…”

“Mom,,Mom..” HJ interrupted, eyes closed with sheer annoyance “Don’t start again, I am done for tonight.” He left a deep breath and looked sternly at both the ladies before turning on his heels and leaving the house.

********

Naina kept the incident to herself. She collected the pictures from the balcony before it came to anyone else’s notice.

She was sitting inside her room looking at the pictures when Sia barged in. Naina swiftly moved the envelope under the pillow.

“Babes how are you feeing now?”

“I am better. What are we doing tomorrow?” Naina faked an enthusiastic smile.

“I am going for my wedding dress fitting and you are coming with me. We have to finalise the bridesmaid dresses as well” Sia clapped in joy.

“Alright, sounds like a plan” Naina raised her fingers to thumbs up.

********

Sia and Naina reached the designer’s outlet at the appointed time. Goong Min was waiting for them there.

“Jagiya, you are on time probably for the first time ever” Goong Min said placing a light peck on her forehead.

“Oppa!” Sia nagged.

“Nice to see you again Naina Si” Gong Min turned towards Naina and bowed his head.

“Likewise” Naina returned the respect by bowing back.

“Lets get going girls!” The designer addressed them in an excited tone. “We have an exotic collection ready for you to try on” he flared his arms dramatically.

Sia tried a few before finalising on one after getting positive approval from her best friend and fiancé.

“Hye Sun should have been here by now,” Sia suddenly pouted looking at her watch.

“I guess she is running late from her shoot” Naina said looking through her phone.

“Possibly,” Sia tilted her head to think and turned back to Naina “let’s just start looking for the brides maid dress. She shouldn’t be long I suppose.”

The girls picked an olive one-shoulder dress and Naina tried it on.

“Babes you look stunning in this. What say Oppa?” Sia asked Gong min.

“Yes Naina Si does look good in everything” Gong Min replied lifting his head from the phone.

Just then her phone buzzed. She excused herself leaving Naina and GM behind in the fitting room.

Naina felt awkward standing in front of him wearing the dress and so she turned to leave and bumped into the lady who was waiting behind her with a tray of beverages to be offered to them. But even before anyone could realise what just happened, the fruit punch has spilled off from the glasses and has started to make a bright orange stain on Naina’s olive dress.

“I am sorry Miss, really, really sorry” the lady apologised bowing down repeatedly, looking thoroughly fearful “I should have been careful, madam”

Naina tried to drain off the juice from her dress with her hands and replied hurriedly, “Its not your fault, I turned suddenly, I am sorry.” Naina tried to calm her nerves drawing an anxious expression herself

The sales girls ran up to them hearing the commotion.

Gong Min rose up from the couch watching the fiasco and walked towards the girls. “Naina, don’t worry,” Turning towards the store ladies he advised, “Can we get some napkins and water?”

Both the girls hurried away to organise the needful. He looked back at Naina who was turning red in embarrassment.

“I am sorry Gong Min Si, I did not realise she was standing next to me.” Naina tried to reason her behaviour. She realised its an expensive dress and she has completely destroyed it.

“I destroyed such a beautiful dress!” Saying that she started sobbing.

Gong min took out his kerchief and offered her “Naina, Naina, calm down, its just a dress”. He tried his best to pacify the crying mess in front of him

She held Gong Min’s hand tightly “ trust me, I did not do it on purpose.”

“ Its fine Naina, its not a big deal, please stop crying,” Gong min patted her head lightly.

Just then Naina lifted her head swiftly and looked around. That unexplained odd feeling hit her once again. Her tears have stopped flowing and a deep shade of fear has taken over her face.

“Did you feel that?” She asked Gong Min in a confused tone.

“Feel what?”

“Camera flashing” said Naina.

 

*******

Hello my lovely readers,

Here is another small chapter. From next chapter the storyline is going to go on a present day/flashback pattern. Stay tuned to follow the plot which is going to skyrocket now. Don't be surprised if you get sudden plot twist. Everything will be explained with following chapters. 

Happy reading!