The Revelation

Your's Forever

Characters in this chapter:

Kim Hyun Joong as himself

Kim Sang-Bum as himself

 

Jung Ho Bin as Hyun Joong's father Kim Soo Chang

 

Chapter 2: The revelation

The last three weeks went by like a blink of an eye for the girls as they prepared for their long awaiting trip. Sia was going back home after 2 years so she was in the process of picking gifts for everyone while Naina was busy researching the places of interest in Korea. Both the girls made rounds of shopping to get the winter clothing but did not get much of an option, as it was summers in Australia. Sia paid couple of visits to the Dewan residence to assure Naina’s parents of her wellbeing during the tour. The night before their departure Naina gave a nightmare to Sia after misplacing her passport, which did her mother eventually locate, and the girls had to sit through an hour’s lecture on self sustainability by Mrs Dewan.

“I will be flying business for the first time,,,, all thanks to your brother for booking this for us” Naina said delighted. They had already checked their baggage in and cleared through the security and presently sitting at the gates for their departure.

“Babes, with my broken Korean I am kind of nervous to face your family.” Naina’s voice worried this time.

“Don’t worry your Korean is good enough to communicate with Mum and Dad and with Oppa you can talk in English if you want, he is a polyglot to be honest.” Sia assured gently tapping her friend’s back.

“Phew! one less thing to worry about.” Naina let out a sigh of relief.

“Tell me more about your family before I meet them. All I know is your Dad has his own business, your mum is a housewife and your brother works in a music company. I should not come across as someone who doesn’t even bother to know about the family I am going to stay with, for the next three months,” asked a curious Naina.

“Actually,,,,I ,,I was going to tell this to you long back,,,but then did not find the right time. The thing iss,,,I,,umm,,my family is not what,,,” Sia hesitantly could not form a proper sentence.

Naina squinted her eyes in suspicion. She could not figure out her friend’s mumbling. But she could easily tell that Sia can barely keep eye contact with her.

“Is there something I need to know Sia?”

Sia saw the slow emergence of fear in her eyes and knew she needed to come clean. She forced herself to look at her.

“The Taesang group is my father’s company” Sia blurted out in one breath with eyes shut.

“What!!” cried a startled Naina and stood up in shock, her eyes still fixed on Sia. She was not prepared for his unexpected revelation and was stunned into immobility.

Naina’s overwhelming reactions raised a few eyebrows in the waiting area.

“I am sorry babes,” Sia whispered in sincere regret as she looked around to see people staring at them and slowly pulled her stiffened friend back to the seat.

Naina eventually found her voice and spoke up.

“You m,m,mean,,,,y,you,,,are the heiress to the Korean telecom conglomerate Taesang? She stammered in disbelief with a wide vacant stare. Sia nodded her head in affirmation and looked down in guilt

Soon Naina’s awe stricken features were clouded with disappointment as the reality slowly seeped in. Her face exhibited the sense of betrayal and pain she felt. The last thing she could have imagined is her best friend hiding her identity from her, her Sia, her babes. May be she failed as a friend to built a trustworthy relation.

Naina looked at her with a hopeless despair as if meeting the real Sia for the first time and enquired “Why? Why did you hide this from me for so long?”

“I-I,, can explain. You have all the rights to get upset, but….” Sia’s desperate attempt to pacify her friends was cut short.

“Hold on,,,Hold on,,,” Naina gasped suddenly as her head started processing the facts. She sat up straight.

Sia waited, her eyes crooked into an anxious frown and biting her lips in anticipation for Naina to realise the final inevitable truth.

“You being the daughter of Korean business magnate Kim Soo Chang means your brother is none other than the Korean pop Idol KIM HYUN JOONG?” Naina concluded her statement in a shriek and hitched a breath as she deduced the connections.

“Aghh,,,Now I am dead,,,” Sia murmured to herself.

 

***************

 

All gazes were centred on the couple in the swimming pool. She ran her fingers through his thick lustrous locks. His dark brown eyes adorning the symmetrical sculptured face looked deep and intense. She closed in, only inches away from his perfectly cut lips when the Director interrupted “Cut, cut., Brilliant!”

He distant his proximity from the female model and signalled his assistant. As he emerged out from the pool, the well-defined broad chest loosely covered by the transparent shirt and the slender toned torso demanded attention. His tall ripped physique with strikingly flawless features is an invitation of jealousy even from the gods. Draping himself in a black bath rob he asked his manager, “Are we done for the day?” to which Manager Choi answered “Yes, the Director has asked to pack up.”

He turned to leave when the female model approached him.

“As we will be meeting often for this calendar shoot, I thought it would be good if we exchanged numbers” the model asked with an air of confidence.

His handsome face turned cold and rugged with the proposition. Some unforgettable flashes zapped through his mind as he studied her gestures.

“Good thought!” he replied positively.

The model suppressed the excitement growing inside her with his encouragement.

“Manager Choi, please give the lady your number”, He ordered with his piercing gaze fixed on her.

“Feel free to contact if you have any questions.” he stated with acute sarcasm.

He saw the confidence wearing away from her face and turning red in humiliation.

He smirked amused greatly by her reaction and walked away leaving her fuming.

“What the fu,,” she muttered under her breath.

Manager Choi silently read the situation and made an attempt “Miss my number is,,,” which was received by a petrifying glare from the model. He excused himself before it turned worse.

The crew-members observed the scenario from a distant and engaged into a gossip.

“I knew it, he wouldn’t give, how could she even dare approach him knowing his temperament?” said one of the models

“He is known for his broody nature. I sometimes get really scared while describing the scene to him.” added the assistant cameraman.

“But still these female models cannot resist his beauty” huffed the model.

“Well we cannot deny that,, KIM HYUN JOONG, the living statue is irresistible even when he is angry” said the makeup artist blushing.

“But I heard he was not like this before, he happened to have changed after an incident in his life” recollected the model.

“Oh that one,,,shhh,,lets not discuss this here” hushed the cameraman.

Kim Hyun Joong, the Korean pop star has conquered many hearts around the world with his music and now he is also diversifying into drama and movies. His exceptional good looks and enchanting voice is oddly contrary to his scary eccentric personality. His charming and humble image to the world is a façade to his decaying inner self. But this Kim Hyun Joong is very different from the man he was few years back. His friends and family are concerned about this newborn self and have adjusted themselves around his widely swinging mood. However, deep inside, all of them wish to see the old Hyun Joong and pray every day for a miracle to happen that will bring back the ever-smiling adorable boy he was.

Hyun Joong walked towards his vanity to change and wrap up for the day.

He entered the van and was welcomed with a warm smile from an extremely attractive lad.

“Kim Bum! What brings you here” Hyun Joong asked and opened his arms gave his friend a big hug.

“Hyun Joong-ya we have a gathering tonight, I came to pick you up” Kim Bum reminded him

“Aghhh,, it totally skipped my mind” Hyun Joong hissed to himself rubbing his forehead.

“I knew it , and that is why I came here”

“Give me two minutes to get ready” Hyun excused himself

The two men left in Kim Sang Bum’s car. He was a little surprised to see his friend in a good mood, which is a rare scene to experience lately. He could not supress his curiosity and asked, “You seemed happy, did something happen at the shoot?”

“Yes,,,but not at the shoot you idiot” Hyun joong smacked the back of his friend’s head “So Eun is coming back after two years from Australia tomorrow,, how come you forgot?” He questioned with an obvious tone causing Kim bum to slam on the brakes.

“What?” hollered Sang Bum.

“I thought you will be the first one to know, given the fact that the two of you are so close,” stated a stupefied Hyun Joong. “And is this how you drive, you punk? Scared the hell out of me!!” Hyun joong blasted at him holding this chest shaken from the sudden brake.

“So Eun is coming?” Sang Bum smiled faintly rubbing his head totally ignoring Hyun Joong’s complains. Caught by a pleasant surprise was written all over his face.

He realised Hyun Joong’s eyes closely observing him.

“I mean of course I knew it, sh,,she did tell me that she is coming” Kim Bum tried hard to sound convincing and started the car back again without further delay.

Hyun Joong started to talk about the plans he has made about her wedding.

Though Kim Bum kept nodding his head to show he is listening but his mind was elsewhere.

Flashback

“I love you and I will forever do no matter what. Please think about it once” Kim Bum pleaded holding her hands

“Sorry Sam Bum, I cannot accept your feelings, my heart only beats for Goong Min Oppa and we had this discussion so many times” So Eun replied.

“So Eun-ya I know you love him. But I don’t think he is the right guy for you. I cannot see the same love in his eyes that you hold for him” Sam Bum defended.

“He has already accepted my love and wants to live with me. I do not understand what do you don’t see in this relationship” So Eun said impatiently.

“So Eun if you do not want to love me, that is fine, but think before committing yourself to Goong Min”

“I know it is hard for you for get over me Sam Bum-ya and if this is the case, let’s stop talking to each other. This is for your own good” So Eun replied politely, pulled her hands from his hold and left.

“Are you even listening?” Hyun Joong jolted him out of his trance.

“Huh,,yea Sorry, what were you saying” Sang Bum responded

“I was saying that we have to organise a welcome party for her, you might know her friends. Could you invite them? Hyun Joong asked looking through his contacts in the phone.

“I know a few, I will send them e-invites” Kim Bum affirmed “So is any of her university friends coming to her wedding?”

“Yea there is a girl coming with her from Melbourne,,,, aha,, can’t remember her name. Had a weird name. What was it? ,,,what was it,,,?” Hyun Joong clicked his fingers in an act to recall the name.

Kim Bum arched his eyebrows and said in a husky voice “Oh nice! We will have Aussie chick at the party”

“Yay Punk! Hold your imagination and drive safely” Hyun Joong grumbled.

*************

Naina has not spoken, a word with Sia since boarding the flight. Sia observed her friend quietly eating dinner. She was disheartened to see the otherwise cheerful girl sitting lifelessly next to her.

They had petty fights in the past but that would not last more than few hours before either of them calls the other and sort things out but this time it is gravely serious and from the looks of it, does not seem to be easy and Naina looks adamant specially after what she said before boarding.

Flashback

“You are so good in hiding Sia, I did not know. Now, I should double think about taking this trip with you” Naina coldly stated.

“Babes what are you saying? We planned for this for so long” Sia terrified by her statement.

Final boarding call

“Naina please, everyone at home is expecting you” Sia said apologetically.

“Ok Fine. It is just because I have given my word to my best friend and Naina never breaks her promise. I will come with you”

“Thank you and I am sorry,I will explain everything to you on the flight” Sia tried for a hug.

“No, I don’t want to know” Naina stretched her arms forward to block her.

“Just do not expect me to be all friendly with you. It will take time for me to come to terms with this new Sia I met today” Naina declared firmly

“Would you like something to drink mam,” the flight attendant offered politely

“Huh, Ye-yes I will have a beer. Actually make it two pointing to Naina” Sia replied

“No thanks, I am fine” Naina rejected

“Naina one beer” Sia requested with a toothy grin.

Naina gave a sharp look.

The steward waited impatiently looking at the dramatic exchange of glances between the friends “Mam do you still want the two beers?”

“Ohh sorry, No thanks we are fine. I am happy with water,” Sia said whiningly fiddling with her glass of water.

This was Sia’s one of the many futile efforts to get Naina talking. It happened so many times in the past that they argued over something and it only took one beer to patch up.

Naina looked at her friend recalling one such moment. Sia did not want to loose this opportunity and smiled widely at Naina and tried to strike a conversation “ Babes, how did you find the business class seating?”

Naina frowned in annoyance at the question and covered herself up with the blanket and turned away. Sia realised the timing and content of her question was not appropriate and might come across as if she is trying to show off her extravagant living standards.

Sia cursed herself, Out of all questions in the world, I had to ask this?

Naina tried to sleep but could not. She kept turning from one side to the other but could not adjust herself to the right posture. She flicked off the blanket in frustration and looked sideways to see Sia’s head curled against the seat fast asleep with open.

She chuckled at the funny sight. Gosh! she will never change her sleeping habits. Saying so she pushed her chin up to close her lips. A sudden memory ran through her mind

Flashback

“Babes, I want to get an internship with the Taesang Group after the final semester” Naina said in a dreamy voice. opens in awe at the thoughts of it.

“Try it rather than dreaming. They have their office in Sydney though” Sia replied pushing Naina’s chin up to close .

“I don’t mind relocating, as long as I get through all the levels of screening” said a pensive Naina with a slight smile.

“I am sure you will” motivated Sia

It wish I had an inside contact, I heard most of the recruitment in these multinational giants happen internally” Naina pouted.

Sia smiled faintly at her

Naina came out of her thoughts

Her eyes narrowed in displeasure, she pulled back Sia’s chin to open again and sulked “Why should I care huh?”

Naina kept looking at Sia who was unmoved, deep asleep, and unaware of her friend’s plight.

What were you thinking Sia? I was like any other gold digger to you? Is this why you kept your identity a secret?

Naina wished if Sia would hear her silent cries. All these troubled thoughts were playing havoc in her mind.

Why can’t I sleep?” yelled Naina as her disturbed thoughts finally broke through her efforts at silent acceptance.

She closed her eyes in a fit of pique.

The trip did not start with a good note. God knows what Korea holds for me.

*************

To be continued in Chapter 3

Stay tune to know what awaits for Naina in Seoul? What happened to HJ in the past? What does destiny have in store for the two and how will it be when Naina and HJ meet each other for the fist time? I will let you people ponder over it. Untill then :D

Thank you to all the readers.

Please let me know through comments how you felt about the storyline.

Please feel free to subsribe and upvote the story.