If Byul had known that meeting the Kyrie would leave her handcuffed to a bed, she would have never accepted her promotion.
If Sehun had known that he might have finally met his match in detective An Byul, he would have never challenged her. But it was about time that he had some fun.
“We think it’s a reference to the prayer, and the full name in Latin translates to ‘Lord, have mercy.’”
Byul blinks, a laugh dying on her lips when she realizes that Kim Junmyeon, the head detective on the case, is fully serious. “His name is Kyrie? Because he wants people to ask for mercy every time he’s named?”
He says nothing in response, and Byul sits back in her chair and pinches the bridge of her nose. This criminal has the worst sense of humor.
Couple of very important notes:
- I wrote this story for a couple of reasons. I'm incredibly tired of of women in fanfiction being shamed or looked down upon for their activities in their personal lives and I'm tired of their difficult decisions being romanticized.
- To add to previous point, just because a male seems to have an interest doesn't mean that any of his actions can be excused. If he actively objectifies someone, or his actions affect someone's mental health, that is not acceptable because said male is hot or etc. That makes him toxic.
- That being said, I thought about tagging this fic [M] but I decided it was unecessary because I will not be explicit in any scene. Don't tell/ask me to write it because I won't.
- I don't take requests. Please don't demand for a character's arc to go a certain way, or for a side-fic spinoff of some character. (This will be a standalone unless if I change my mind down the road.)
- I do not know about how long this fic will be, but it will have a significantly lower chapter count and a higher word count per chapter than what I am used to. I'm trying to be detailed for once.
- Be sure to check out my beta's stories if you need something else to read! She's super talented and has a ton of works that need love.
- Don't skip over A/Ns. If I put it there, it's important.
- Don't call me author-nim. Please just call me Blu.
- Don't ask me for updates. Don't demand updates. Don't push for updates. Etc. I'm busy and respect the fact that I have a life outside of AFF.
- I have not given permission for this fic to be posted anywhere else nor do I cross-post, so if you find copy of the fic that is not from the BLUELIXIR FROM AFF ACCOUNT, let me know, and if possible, please report.
Find me at my other stories!
- Wolves: Being followed by a car, having a fake engagement, and starting a war with Min Yoongi was a lot funnier than it should be. Too bad she was scared out of her wits at the same time. (Yoongi/Suga x OC)
- Lab Coats and Bank Notes: Hiding in plain sight from Kim Taehyung had to be one of the most dangerous things that she had ever done. (Taehyung/V x OC)
- Cut the Dead Weight: When Nari loses her memory of the last seventeen months, she forgets about the war, the struggles, and most importantly, she forgets about the man named Kim Namjoon. And that's only the beginning of her problems. (Namjoon/RM x OC)
- 88.: He had a habit of getting lost. She had an uncanny ability for helping the lost. (Jongin/Kai x OC)
- Posters are also done by me unless mentioned otherwise! Come find me at my shop:
For everyone that has gotten this far and read everything, thank you!