Ch 3

Into your game

Chanyeol leaves a message stating that he'll arrived at my apartment around 9 in the morning because he had a class at 10. I smirked, looking at the message. "Aww, how sweet." I mumbled before turning off all the lights around in the room and dozing off to sleep. 

Waking up as usual,  getting ready for the class. My phone were ringing for almost 5 minutes, I smiled looking at the name of the caller and the time displayed on my watch. It 9.50, finally I picked up the phone. "Park Harin!" He was almost raised up his voice by the time I pick up the call. "Hey baby, I'm comming down right now." I replied in the cheery tone that a spoiled girlfriend always does. Taking a slow walked down the apartment, as I reach the parking lot. I made a worried face, "Baby, I'm sorry for being late. I was doing my hair just now." I took a few baby steps and wrapped my arm around his neck. 

"Are you mad at me baby?" I asked, looking for his eyes that seems unable to appreciate the beauty in his arm. "I'm not mad. Let's go." He stated and opened the door of his car for me, he was not saying anything causes me to smile internally. Let see how long will you keep up with me in order for you to get the cookie in the jar. "Baby, you need to walk me to class first then you may go to your class." I added while playing with my phone. "Anything for you Park Harin-shi." He pulled a smiled, a forced smile on his face. "Did you got me any flowers or americano today?" I asked, crossing my arm looking at him that tried his best to concentrate on the driving. 

"I forgot to bring your americano today. I thought we could have breakfast together but unfortunately we cannot do it today." He said, taking one of my hand and planted a soft kiss on it.But his tone was a complete opposite with his warm gestures. "I'll pick you up after class, then we'll go have lunch together. How that sounds?" He raised his brows when I just stared at him without an answer. That nice and gentleman facade won't stay on that face forever Park Chanyeol,I grumbled to myself still staring into his shining eyes. 

"Sure, let's have lunch together." I replied after a few seconds of silence. "Just don't forget my flowers and americano anymore okay?" I raised my hands placed it on his cheeks. Cupping his cheeks and squeezing the cute cheek of his, making his lips to pouted awkwardly. "I won't forget it, ever." He replied as his voice weaken as I kept on reducing the gap between the both of us. I nodded my head and planted a kiss between his brows before getting out of his car. Smirking proudly as I walked into the campus's building, knowing that fact that I got Chanyeol wrapped around my finger. 

▶▶▶▶▶▶

"So, how was your date yesterday?" Kai asked, smiling while massaging Chanyeol's stiffened shoulder. "She's making me nuts." He sighed, thinking the fact that he couldn't show his real feelings caused him to anticipate a more tiring experience to get her onto his bed. Suho and Sehun smiled and raised their brows listening to his complaint. The hectic student didn't bother them from looking around to talk about their bet. 

"An Audi is waiting for you. But make sure we got the evidence." Suho said, causing Chanyeol to pull out his middle finger at his friend. "It's going to be a really tiring bet for you." Chen laughed, causing the others to erupt into a huge laughter fit, except for Chanyeol. Kyungsoo interrupted into the conversation. "Oh, come on, Chanyeol, she's not that bad, isn't she?"  His question causes the rest to look back at Chanyeol. Who was sighing heavily again? 

"She's whiny, and she loves attention. Spoiled and demanding. All those are the criteria that I hated the most." He replied, causing the others to laugh again. "Sounds pretty normal for a like her," Kai replied, not taking note of the sudden decreasing volume of his friend's laughter. 

"Yeah, that sounds pretty normal for a like me," I spoke as loud as I could, making sure that everyone in this group listened to my voice clearly. I arranged my heels towards the gang that suddenly turned silent when they saw me walking with two cups of bubble milk tea in my hands. My plan for today was to pretend like a good girlfriend who brought drinks for her exhausted boyfriend. I walked straight towards Kai and raised the drinks above his head before pouring the two plastic cups of bubble tea on top of his head. 

"Oops, I just thought that you must be thirsty with all the bad talks," I said, smiling at Kai, and turned towards Chanyeol, who was flustered, looking at me with his big eyes that had gone double size. "Sorry for interrupting." I continued before throwing the plastic cups at the group of guys, who were stunned to look at me, which caused them to flinch away from the flying plastic. I smiled, walking away from the group.

"Oh! You need some napkins, right?" I asked more, throwing a fistful of tissue that I put into my pocket earlier to Kai's face. The bubble pearls that stuck on his face just looked so funny, right, and now some tissue is stuck on his face as well. I walked away from them as the scene was pretty messy and attracted a few dozen students to flock around. "Wow, that was intense." Chen voiced out, taking out his handkerchief and handing it to Chanyeol, who seemed like he was frozen in his spot. 

▶▶▶▶▶▶

My phone kept on buzzing and vibrating due to the constant missed calls and messages. "You are the first woman to ever dare to do such a thing to the EXO's member. I'm terrified they might harm you more." Jia sat beside me, holding my hands tightly. I sighed. She was way too overthinking. I appreciated the fact that she was concerned about me, but sometimes, she went a little overboard. "This is nothing, Jia. What would they even dare to do to me?" I raised my eyebrow to look at her scared friend. 

"Yah! You really are underestimating the EXO. Their network is really big; they won't let you slip this easily. There was a girl who messed with them and ended up unconscious in some random hotel, and her videos were uploaded into the university's portal." Jia was b in tears scared that something dangerous could happen towards her best friend. I gulped down my saliva, rethinking my action and remembering Kim Seokjin's words back in the club. They referred to women as deers, and the worst part was that when he told her, they shared the deer with each other. I smirked again, leaning my head onto the headrest of the sofa. I need another plan. My initial plan was just to give them a humiliating moment for once in front of the public to see. Yes, I did that, but suddenly, I thought that they should get a more intense spanking than just a humiliation in front of the public. "Just don't get a little too overthinking. I could take care of myself really well." I replied before taking my phone into my room.

Walking into the room, I sat on my make-up chair and the light. A little contouring here and there and some dark eyeshadows under her eyes. After a few minutes, I was able to illustrate a sad and swollen face with dark circles under my eyes. I look like a woman who cried for a thousand years. Oh, my eyes were not red and watery. "Yah! Jia, could you be my angel?" I peeked out to the living room, smiling at Jia, who looked at me in disbelief. 

"I will eat a piece of peanut in a while so when I happen to pass out. Could you call for Chanyeol?" I asked, smiling at my best friend who had her jaw almost dropped to the floor. "Are you crazy?!?! You could be dead for real, you idiot!!" Jia stood up from the couch and slapped my arm real hard. I just smiled and ran to the kitchen to take a few pieces of peanuts. 

"No, no, no... please." Jia pushed my hand away from my mouth. I sighed and placed my hands on my waist. Her overthinking just got the best of her. I won't die just because of a piece of peanut. "If you want to fake a cry and runny red nose, you don't need this. I had this spicy ghost pepper potato chip. You would be crying for the entire week, and your nose would be runny for a month." Jia said, taking the jar of peanuts away and throwing it out into the bin. She took out the small packet of potato and unveiled it. "Just one piece in this? Are you sure it's spicy?" I chuckled, looking at the small packet that had only one piece of potato chip. Jia rolled her eyes. She picked up the chip using a chopstick and signalled me to open my mouth. "Don't regret this, Harin." She whispered as I took the chip into my mouth. 

▶▶▶▶▶▶

The number of missed calls already surpassed 50 from Chanyeol, and now he's already stopped calling. Maybe he gave up. I was scrunching in for the pain in my tummy as my eyes were still watering like fountains.  That ghost potato chip was powerful. I clicked the video call button. The screen lightens up after a few seconds. His face was seen through the screen. I didn't say anything but just stared at the screen, letting him see the tears that flew out from my eyes. "Why are you doing this to me, baby?" I asked, sobbing in my tears. I took out a few pieces of tissue to wipe my tears. Luckily, all of my make-up was water-resistant. "I thought you really liked me!!! You jerk!!" I yelled hysterically and blew out my nose. 

"You said I'm whiny, spoiled and demanding? You were the one who hit on me first!!! I was lucky to arrive by the time you said I'm whiny, or else I'll never know that you don't even like me!?!?!" I yelled some more, emphasizing that I only heard the part when he called me whiny. The reality was that I was there the entire time, hiding behind some vending machine.

He sighed and said. "I'm sorry. It was not my intention to hurt you this bad. My friends were just being a little too irritating so I just splurted some nasty things about you. I'm sorry, it's my bad." 

"How could you say that about me, baby?!?!" Making my voice as whiny as I could. "Harin-shi, where are you? Let me see and beg you for being a horrible boyfriend." He said, causing me to smirk before a word came out of my mouth, my world suddenly spinning, and I was out. 

▶▶▶▶▶▶

Jia looked at her best friend's phone, finding out that she already hung up her video call. "Yah, Harin-ah. Should I call him now?" Jia took the phone away from Harin's hand to execute the plan to call Chanyeol once she pretended to be fainted. Harin did not budge an inch to her words, causing Jia to push the girl gently. Jia smiled and chuckled, looking at her friend's eyes tightly closed, not responding to her voice. "Yah!!! Park Harin!! Yah!!! You're scaring me!" After a few seconds of silence, Jia was already bawling for her friend. Her mind went blank, and she called for the ambulance right away. 

They were in the hospital, Jia was trembling looking at her bestfriend who look pale on the hospital bed still unconsious. She was bawling her eyes out just now. "Don't worry. She was just a little too dehydrated." The doctor came to fix the intravenous drips of liquid. Jia nodded her head, holding her friend's hand tight. Her phone beeped once she received a message. She got Chanyeol's phone number from a friend. 

The original plan was for her should call Chanyeol by using Harin's phone, but now she's fainted for real, and she didn't know the password to her smartphone. Jia got an important family dinner at 9, she need someone to take care of her bestfriend. "Hello, Chanyeol-shi? I-Its me, Jia. H-Harin was admitted into a ward." She said. 

"What?!" Chanyeol asked. "Just give me the details; I'll be there in five minutes." He added before hanging up the phone. He was surprised when the screen just turned black and decided to hang up the call. It never passes his mind that she will pass out. Fifteen minutes passed by, and finally, Chanyeol appeared in the ward in his leather jacket and gelled hair. He was planning to have some fun tonight after he hung up the video call due to the sight of her annoying cry and calling him baby. It irritated him to the core. Jia stood up and bowed her head to him before picking up her vibrating while walking out from the ward. Chanyeol stood awkwardly in the room to the sight of Harin lying on the bed in her most vulnerable condition. Still, he cannot do anything to her. The best condition was she needed to be conscious when he took her to bed.

Chanyeol scratched his nape before walking back to the door of the ward. It would be better if he attended the party at the club. He walked towards the door, intending to walk out. "Mom, could you be a little understanding? Harin was admitted into the ward. I needed to be by her side." 

Then another word came from Jia's mouth. "You knew, Mom. I've told you that she had nobody to be her guardian. She's alone, Mom." Chanyeol stands still behind the door, listening to the girl's words carefully. 

"You remembered when she got into an accident last time? Nobody shows up to sign the consent for treatment. She was nearly dead, but yet still none of her family members came forward to be the guardian." Jia sighed and let out a small sob, feeling sympathy towards her best friend. 

"Yes, mom. I'll be there soon. I'll just ask her new boyfriend to accompany her tonight." Jia sighed and shut her smartphone, turning her back to open the door of the ward. Chanyeol tip-toed to the chair a few feet away from the door. "Chanyeol-shi? Could you be her guardian for tonight?" Jia asked, opening the sliding door of the ward. She tried hard to organize some proper words in her head to ask him to accompany Harin tonight.

Without much question, Chanyeol nodded his head. "I'll be here until she wakes up." He replied. Jia nodded her head and bowed her head deeply and gave her phone number to him before leaving the hospital. Chanyeol's mind is filled with puzzles as he looks at the unconscious Park Harin on the hospital bed. If it was the previous girl he played with, he already knew their details just by a week of courting. But Harin was a rare case, he tried for more than a month just to asked her out for a dinner but yet he just knew her name. Just why are you so mysterious Park Harin?