I - Ambition

An Empire of Our Own

I - Ambition

Past 

"Do you think you could do it?" Jongup looked into the eyes of Daehyun. 

"We? you mean us, this is for you in the end and for the end of this sick era" Daehyun shook Jongup's shoulder. He could sense he was hesitant, a maybe a little scared but Daehyun was more than determined. "Don't you want to avenge your mother? And lead the collapse of the system that did this? Don't you?" 

"I-I do" he looked down in remembrance of his deceased mother. Long ago she had committed suicide at the hands of nobles of the Shou dynasty. After she was sought to become a royal consort, against her wish, she lived by the side of the Emperor. It was until she was abused by not only the Emperor but by his noblemen which continued until it led her to her suicide. In her last letter, she tells Jongup who was only baby that she is sorry that she could not do better for him. 

Daehyun had pulled Jongup into a hug, a part of him sorry and a part of him raged with fuel to join the military and put an end to this. Daehyun's family had also suffered from the effects of the Shou dynasty. Before, they had been well off and lived comfortably until the previous leader who had been fair and gave people hope a new hope, was assaninated and forcefully succeeded by the new Emperor. 

Growing up, both Daehyun and Jongup became determined to lead the revolution against the Shou dynasty of the Kei Planet. 

*

Present 

"Heed, heed, heed, all this uproar will not stop the actions of the ZYX league" the newly elected prime minister raised his tone to hush the anger in the room. "This matter will be sought through very quickly, the murder of our vice prime minister will be investigated" 

The political world of the Joko Planet had triggered chaos. After the newly elected prime minister, Go Yeongil had taken office things have begun to change for the worst. For Yoo Youngjae, who was also appointed for the Joko Alliance lead fleet admiral position, Go Yeongil was as corrupt as it could get. He had always felt a certain shadiness that surrounded him. An aura that had a whiff of falseness and fabrication. The sudden death of the vice prime minister was all too convenient as he was a clear opposition to the way Jisung had operated. Though Youngjae had kept his thoughts to himself, it would only create greater friction and troubles. 

It wasn't only in the political world which had lost control. Extreme right groups had emerged leading to the deaths of civilians. This was something Youngjae had also believed to be linked with the new prime minister; he knew he was once involved in extreme right activities. For a man who lived to serve the wars of his planet, he longed to involve himself in politics which was where his interest lied. He didn't take much interest in war, in fact he despised it. This was unhelpful now that he was praised as one of the best commanders of the Joko Alliance, he was even secretly praised by their rivals. He thought war was pointless and was mostly used to avert the attention of the public. In the end, nothing was really won. Despite this, he still served but he had made sure to keep the deaths as minimal as possible even for the opposition.  

Pulling him out from his thoughts he was tapped on the shoulder

"We've received a message, Marquis Jung will make an announcement in fifteen minutes" the young man whispered frantically. The meeting was finishing up with most people beginning to leave. 

'An announcement from Marquis Jung'. Youngjae had sighed excessively. This only means another battle. Jung Daehyun, the supreme fleet admiral ranked 'Marquis' of the Kei Empire was highly respected and highly skilled. Unlike Youngjae, he was very refined and stiff-lipped, much like the nobles of the empire. To most people he was a terrifying man who hadn't spared a single soul. But to Youngjae, he was not only opposition but a threat to the entire galaxy. He didn't know his true intentions but his rise to power had been a mystery to most political leaders. He had even heard it had caused some nobles within the empire to plot against him. 

Once they had reached their base, the opposing commander had flashed onto their screen. As always, he had looked sharp and clean. His looks were striking and loved by many. It reminded Youngjae of how careless and tired he always looked. He shrugged that thought away and focused on this sudden message.

"Dear all, it seems amongst the corruption unfolding on the Joko Planet citizens are fleeing to planet Toto which divides us. Toto which was once under the control of the Empire will be seized again and will have a formally established government. A planet should not be used as a safe house due to the failures of their own planet. I expect the Joko Alliance will also try to seize Toto, to protect their exiles" and with that he had disappeared from the screen, his ending sentences always daring.

Youngjae had scratched his head. So he wants Toto to prevent our citizens from fleeing?...No. He just wants Toto that's all. Youngjae understood some of Marquis Jung and the tactics of the Empire; they had scrutinised the Joko Planet carefully to reach an odd conclusion to seize planets and areas of the galaxy. They wanted to expand and continue to expand until the majority wins over the minority with no exceptions. 

Youngjae immediately began preparing the fleets for the next battle; the battle for Toto.

 

Image result for crown

------

A/N

A very short chapter I know -_- but there shouldn't be any more after this one

*A little warning - I am not sure just how many chapters this will because the pace of the main pairing (daejae) takes a while to unfold. But we'll see...

I do welcome comments! it'll help a lot

See you next chapter my royals!