Chapter two

The Grenhil Pack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the long wait!! I’m just kind of stuck with my story lately. Also the fact that work is really busy doesn’t help ;d

It’s not even that I need to think of what is going to happen. I have the storylines set out. I have my chapter lay out ready. I only need to fill it in with more words than just the key event words. And I’m just stuck, staring at the words on my laptop blankly, hoping it will magically appear in front of me (which it doesn’t).

If anyone feels creative and wants to write out my chapter out line in stead of me feel free XD Warning though: The outline is partly Dutch, partly English and contains only keywords.

 

 

Chapter two: Preparations

“So how are you going to help us? And pay us back for the simple fact that you’re still alive?” Jeonghan folded his arms as he waited for a response. The only sound in the room was the soft noise of their own breathing. A loud cough disrupted the quiet as Chanyeol softly pushed his own chair back and stoop up.

“I’m not helpi-…” He stopped as Baekhyun raised one of his hands in a silent warning. Jeonghan was almost in awe at the respect that Chanyeol displayed for Baekhyun. It wasn’t the time for that now though and so he just remained silent.

Both omegas just kept staring at each other as if measuring each other’s worth. In the end Baekhyun sighed as he looked Jeonghan in the eyes. “What would you want us to do? Help you? I’m going to reverse this question a bit if you don’t mind. If our roles had been reversed and you were the captured one, would you help us?”

The left upper corner of Jeonghans mouth twitched upwards, “If that would protect my friends and family, yes.”

Baekhyun nodded, “But what would I need to protect my friends and family from? I’m sorry but I don’t think your pack has the strength to beat ours. You’ll be run over before you realize what is happening to you. Last summer you had the advantage of us not knowing you existed. Hence we were surprised and unable to come up with a decent strategy.” There was no emotion in Baekhyuns voice as he talked, his face blank as his eyes kept their focus on Jeonghan. “This time it’s different… My packmates won’t be wandering into your hands as easily, this time they will be prepared.”

Jeonghan let out a humourless laugh. “No my dear Byun. You’re still in the wrong, because your pack has no idea who they’re up against. Even the both of you don’t know anything significant about our pack.”

“Your pack consists of omegas that ran away from their homes. There is no normal hierarchy and you like to hide yourself. Anything else?” The corners of Jeonghans mouth twitched in annoyance and kept in anger while Chanyeol continued, “Oh wait I know something. Your pack will pay for what it has done and by  next year it will cede to exists.”

Now he had done it. Jeonghan felt every muscle in his body jerk. His normally already dark brown eyes clouded even darker. “I recommend you not threaten my pack while I’m in the room.” He snarled at Chanyeol, “Especially if you can’t even comprehend the strengths of the Grenhil Pack.”

“I know enough.” Chanyeol spoke with a confidence that truly was misplaced. As he and Baekhyun had only scratched the surface of what was the Grenhil pack.

Jeonghan let the breath that he was holding slip out with a huff. “You don’t even understand our hierarchy, because yes it still exists. It’s just very different from the ones that you are used to seeing. You are underestimating a pack. That’s the biggest mistake anyone can make if they are uninformed.”

Finally Baekhyun meddled in again hushing Chanyeol before he could speak up. His eyes sincere as he fixated them on Jeonghan. “Maybe you should tell me what I’m missing about your pack, because I don’t see why our pack should fear you at all.”

“There is a lot that you haven’t figured out yet.” Jeonghan spoke darkly, “If I were you I would ask myself the following questions. What happened in the forest? How is this pack organized? Maybe you should inform yourself about the size of our pack. And for starters, who is our leader?” Jeonghan stood up and walked to the door, “I think that last one might still come as a big surprise to you.”

With those words Jeonghan walked out and left the two Exodus members behind. Staring at the spot that he had left behind.

“It’s quite clear who the leader is right?” Chanyeol spoke up, “The strongest alpha I’ve seen around is that Mingyu guy who meddles with everything.”

Baekhyun didn’t answer, he thought about Jeonghans words and the logic of Chanyeols words went right passed him. While his logic matched every pack he had visited before, even his own, with Jeonghans words it had started to dawn on him that it didn’t fit the Grenhil pack.

---

“Where are we even going?” Soonyoung whined behind him but Jihoon chose to ignore him as they continued walking through the outskirts of Grenhil. “We’ve been walking for half an hour. It’s cold and my hands and feet hurt.”

Jihoon rolled his eyes, “Maybe you should’ve dressed warmer.”

“You said we would be right back,” There was resentment in Soonyoungs tone, blaming his agony on the short omega strolling in front of him. “And you’re ignoring me…”

Indeed Jihoon didn’t answer as he took another turn to the right. The houses and streets faded behind them as they entered into a forest. Soonyoung let his eyes wander as he had never been to this part of Grenhil town before. On the ground he could still see the footsteps that Jihoon was following.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter