Date No.25

He is a Keeper

"Changbin-ah. Yah Seo Changbin. Where r you? Eomma has some news for you" Changbin's eommo-nim's voice echoed around the house. She walked up and knocked on his door but got no response so as she always does she just walked in. The curtains were closed and lights were off and the owner of the name she was calling out was fully under the blanket. 

"Binnie come on wake up. It's 10am already" she said pulling open the curtains. As a response she got a small annoyed growl.

"Changbin-ah get up you lazy boy, it's 10 am and also I have a news for you. When I was at the town market I met a boy and he is soooo...." she was cut off by the annoyed voice once again.

"Eomma give it a rest. You woke me up at 10am on a Saturday for this. How many times do I have to tell you I don't want to meet anyone and for you to stop with this".

"But the boy is really cute and he seems really nice and..." 

"That's what you said the last 24 times and all those times it went really well didn't it" Binnie said sarcastically while putting the blanket over his head. 

"This time it's different I promise. Please go on the date for me I promised him and got his number too. If you don't get back to him I'll look bad so here, take his number and go and have a coffee with him at least please" eommo-nim said pulling the blanket off of him once again. Binnie looked at her annoyed and about to say something but she showed him THE facial expression that she always uses to get him to do things for her. He can say no to everyone in this world except for her, whenever she pulls this face all the rebellious cells in his body suddenly disappears. He sighed and said "ok I'll go but only under one condition, that you promise me this will be the last".

 "Of course I promise. This is the last. Now get up and call him" she said pushing the piece of paper on to his hand. She was about to walk out the door when his voice stopped her. 

"You are never going to stop are you?" She shook her head motioning a no and walked out the door. 

"This woman never gives up. I'm so sick of making a fool of myself and the other person" Binnie said with another sigh and looked at the number. "Might as well call now". " Hello is this kyungsoo-shi?" he heard a yes so he continued

"Hi I'm Changbin, you met my mother today at the market and..." this time he was cut off. " Ah yeah. I didn't think you would call. She said many nice things about you" kyungsoo said with an apparent smile in his voice. " Ah. I'm sorry she's like this with everyone.  So are you free sometime today for that coffee eomma promised?" Changbin finished off. "Ah sure. Around 12pm at the café opposite the mall" they agreed to the place and cut the call. Binnie took a deep breath and went to change. 

 

Binnie walked into the cafe. It wasn't a new place to him. He comes here with his friends majority of the time. He sat at a free table and looked at his phone. He was on time. He always preferred to come early and get it over with. He decided to message Kyungsoo-shi to see if he's here when he felt a slight tap on his shoulder. As a reflex he looked up and met a very cute doe eyed boy with a small smile on his heart shaped lips. If Changbin said his heart didn't skip a beat he would be lying. " Are you Changbin-shi?" a soft but manly voice came out of the other persons mouth. 

 

Changbin stood up and replied with a yes and the other person introduced himself as Kyungsoo. They sat opposite to each other. It was awkward but comfortable all at the same time. " I'm really sorry again about my mother. She is sooo forward like this all the time" Changbin broke the ice. "Ah it's nothing. It's nice to see a supportive parent like her.  It's quite rare in this country" Kyungsoo-shi said with a smile. Again Changbin felt his heart skip a beat.

 

They talked for a little while and in that he found out Kyungsoo-shi is actually a hyung by 3 years but truth be told Binnie thought Kyungsoo-shi was even younger than him. He also found out the other boy is a music major and is a singer at some events and stuff. This was what their conversation was for the next 15 minutes or so as Binnie loves music too. "My boyfriend is also a music lover he's a choreographer" Kyungsoo-shi said smiling.

 

"Um your boyfriend?" Binnie didn't know what was going on. He thought this was a date but the guy already has a boyfriend so then why did he say yes to this date. I don't wanna be a homewrecker. "Ah yeah he is running a bit late he was supposed to come with me too" Kyungsoo-shi replied. "What you and your boyfriend were going to have a date with me? I'm sorry I don't know what kind of weird things you people are into but I'm not a kinda guy" Binnie said standing up. 

 

"We are not either" he heard another voice say from behind. "Hi I'm Kai his boyfriend" the owner of the voice who is by the way just as beautiful as the doe eyed boy said. "When I met your eommo-nim I told Kai and he was the one that suggested meeting you just to get to know more of our "kind" of people" Kyungsoo-shi finished off. " Our kind?" Binnie questioned with a stern look. "Ok I didn't mean it like that. But anyways after hearing about you from your eommo-nim I really wanted to meet you too that's why. Sorry if we creeped you out" Kyungsoo-shi said. "It's ok I wasn't in a mood for relationship anyways. I just came to get eomma off my back" Binnie said sitting back down. They sat there taking for a while and went their separate ways. 

 

"Well date no.25 is a fail too. God eomma is never going to leave me alone" Changbin said to himself ruffling his own hair in frustration. 

He himself wants love too but he isn't as desperate as his eomma. He is more keen on letting it happen when it happens. It's not like he's picky but once he likes someone and he brings them home his eomma doesn't like them or if eomma likes them Changbin doesn't like them. His phone rang breaking him out of his thought. "Ne hyung?"

" Ah binnie what are you doing? Me, Minho and Jisungie were going to go to the beach. You know there's a festival going on around there" the person on the other end said. " Oh yeah that was today? Ok I'll come to your house in 10 minutes. I'm around the area anyways. See you in a bit Chan hyung" with that he cut the call and started making his way. 

 

 

----------

So first StrayKids fanfic. Hope u all will enjoy it. They r a bunch of beautiful talented people so support them well. 

 

Let me know your StrayKids bias in the comments.