ONE

Rhythm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The music blares loudly through the space, the heavy bass drumming through her ears. The dim area with flashing lights surround the entire room along with strangers covered with a thin layer of sweat; Yeeun doesn’t really want to get fully acquainted with them.

 

When she was suddenly invited by Seungyeon to go out dancing because apparently, she’s “lost her touch in the dating scene”, she immediately decides to prove her friend wrong by giving in and joining her. She definitely did not go out because she did not have any other plans.

 

It’ll be fun, her friend had said.

 

…Yeeun opts not to trust Seungyeon again.

 

She’s sitting down on a cold stool behind the bar, grasping the cup of tequila loosely as she spins it around to stall the time. The short-haired woman eyes her drink with thought, noticing the reduced amount it now has considering the buzz that she’s starting to feel, and the time that she’s been in this hell called a club.

 

Just as soon as she thinks about leaving the place, her negative thoughts are immediately shut down as soon as her eyes dart to a jet black-haired woman on the dance floor, whose hands were locked on hips that were thrumming along to the beat of the heavy bass. The woman’s head was angled downwards as she maintains her eyes on the swing of her own body, not even bothering to look at the swarm of people who were shamelessly gaping at her. Yeeun becomes a part of those people as well, for she cannot seem to look away from the enchantment that the woman has set upon the rest of them.

 

It’s impossible to not notice a woman like her on the dance floor.

 

Downing the last glass of alcohol swiftly, she slams the cup down on the table with accidental aggression. She feels magneti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter