Chapter IX

I'll Find You [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hirai Momo

Large flames engulfed the walls of the tiny old classroom momo has growned to love. Smoke filled the air as students ran the halls in total panic, while she along with ten of her other classmates were stuck in the room.

Where were the Water Elementals? That momo didn't know.

The entrance was blocked by a door on fire and no one knew what to do.

Areum the girl who always bullied her, was cooped up in a corner with her followers calming her crying tantrum down.

She has never seen the girl use her powers but she knew that Areum was the only Water Elemental in the room and right now she was useless. 

What do I do? Momo thought.

She decided to gather her courage and went up to Areum.

"Put it out." She said but the girl's tears wouldn't stop.

"I-I.. can't." She managed to utter out.

"What do you mean? We're all gona die here if you don't do something!" Momo didn't mean to shout at the girl but it was the only way Areum would snap attention.

The girl finally decided to calm down and she slowly raised one of her hands, the other covering her face as to not inhale smoke. Momo had expected for a huge splash of water to calm the roaring fire but Areum barely produce enough.

"I can't put this out, it's too strong" The girl choked on smoke as she accidentally inhale some.

"You can do it!" Momo encourage but the girl only glared at her. 

"Why don't you do it? Oh that's right you can't" The girl spat and Momo could only clench her fist.

"Stop it. We're in the middle of dying and if you don't do your job we will all die!" Momo tensed when what she said sunk into her.

The words she said was directed to Areum but it was like she was telling it to herself.

If you don't do your job we will all die.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Areum replied "Don't tell me what to do! You worthless prick. You know what I don't care if we all die cause I'm sure that you don't deserve to!" With that Areum stopped the small stream of water from her hand. The stream was small but slightly helpful and now the flames grew larger as Areum stopped.

"Don't Areum. We're all gonna die and you don't want that on your conscience." And neither do I.

"I don't freaking care!!!" But I do.

"If you want the fire to stop then you stop it!" She stepped closer.

I want to.

"It won't be in my conscience. It will be on yours because you are to powerless to stop it. You're to worthless." She jabbed Momo's shoulder and she stumbled on the ground.

Areum smirked at Momo as she clenched and unclenched her fist on the ground.

"Stop." She warned.

"Fighting back huh Nerd. What are you gonna do about it?" Areum egged her on.

Momo closed her eyes, she had to stop herself. She has to fight her powers from coming out.

"Why are you closing your eyes? Nerd. Stand up and fight!" The girl shouted and her fellow classmates tried to stop Areum from continuing.

"Areum, enough. We're gonna die if you don't stop the fire from spreading" Areum's friend, Yuki stopped her.

"Pathetic" She spat again and Momo opened her eyes to see Areum Try to stop the fire with her element.

The smoke was slowly dissipating as Yuki an Air Elemental tried to control it. "It's not enough" He said as he coughed up smoke.

Yuki was the only Air Elemental in the class, the same with Areum who was the only Water Elemental. Such luck.

"It's your fault, Hirai. You distracted me!" Now she's blaming me. Great.

 The smoke was slowly clouding Momo's eyes and she couldn't focus anymore. Her classmates coughed and fell on their knees one by one.

They don't deserve this. No matter how much they hated and belittled Momo, she knew that they didn't deserve this. No one deserves this.

Momo stopped fighting. For once she stopped containing her powers and it never felt so good.

She released the powers she's been hiding for so long. A gush of strong wind swept the room and all the smoke and fire dissipated in seconds and Momo had never felt this alive.

It felt good to do what she was supposed to. For the first time, she didn't turn away.

For the first time, Momo did what she felt right.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

Myoui Mina

We have to meet later, how's your schedule? - Nayeon

Mina woke up to the text message Nayeon had sent and she couldn't say that she was surprised, she was expecting this afterall. 

She should be wary of Nayeon but something about the girl made Mina interested, a connection perhaps.

I have Chemistry and Element Class in the morning, how about during lunch? - Mina

Mina replied before getting up to wake her roommate in which Sana replied with a "5 more minutes..."

Mina decided to use the bathroom first to freshen herself up.

She thought about what had transpired the day before. Meeting Nayeon, Jeongyeon disappearing and meeting her Mate.

Mina smiled slightly at the thought of her Mate, the little girl looked cute in her eyes. Everyone probably saw Chaeyoung as someone small and weak but Mina knew better. She could feel Chaeyoung's strength and abilities.

She could feel Chaeyoung's emotion no matter how much it hurt.

The emotions she felt from her Mate weren't foreign for she knew how it felt. She knew how having a monster inside your head that you can't get rid off.

She wanted to save her Mate from feeling that way, but she didn't knew how. She doesn't know how for she felt the same.

The all too familiar feeling has haunted her everyday since she was young and she doesn't know how to remove it.

Everyone doesn't like you.

No one does. You're just a waste of space.

A murderer doesn't deserve to live in this world. You are hated by everyone.

Even Sana hates you.

No one loves you.

Not even your Mate.

Mate.

That word alone dragged Mina back into reality

She inhaled a breath as oxygen filled her clouded mind. the haze disappearing from her consciousness.

Chaeyoung may not have done anything yet but to Mina she was already her savior.

...

Mina went out of the bathroom to find Sana sitting up her bed while rubbing her eyes.

"Freshen up sleepy head, you'll be late for class" Sana opened her eyes groggily and slowly stood up.

"Ughh why do I have to get Basic Education as my first subject this year" Sana whined and Mina just looked at her with pity.

"All of us have Basic Education as the first subject, What's yours anyway?" 

Sana groaned again and muttered hatefully "Calculus"

"Oh yeah, I remember now 3rd years get Calculus. Goodluck Sattang" Sana replied with a groan and continued her way to the bathroom.

Even if they were in an Elemental Academy they still had to get basic education though students only had to take one each year.

Mina had General History on her first year, now she has Chemistry for her second. 

3rd Years like Sana had Calculus, while 4th Years had...

I have Physics then the same one as yours after, we could meet at lunch but... I don't mean to sound rude but we need to talk alone. - Nayeon

Nayeon must be a 4th Year huh?

Mina was surprised. She didn't expect Nayeon to be a 4th Year especially since she's a transferry.

She knew what Nayeon meant alone. Nayeon didn't trust the others enough to share the information and Mina could say she thought the same.

Mina trusted her Mate though. With her life.

 She knew that what she and Nayeon were gonna talk about was classified

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter