Chapter XXX

I'll Find You [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myoui Mina 

All coherent thoughts left her mind as soon as Chaeyoung's lips touched hers. All she could focus on were the tingles running up and down her spine.

Her skin was literally on fire, she could feel a warm aura enveloping her body. Shocked, she slowly opened her eyes. Only to gasp at what she saw.

Her Mate was practically glowling, her reddish aura was so bright Mina had to squint. 

She could feel her own aura reacting to her Mate's, mixing beautifully.

She's marking me. Mina realized.

Instead of fighting it, the Water Elite submitted herself and fully embraced what was about to happen. Not like she hasn't been waiting for this.

Mina gasped as she felt a slight burn at a certain spot on her neck, her body arched at the sensation. "C-Chaeyoung..." She mumbled.

That seemed to bring her Mate out of her reverie, the young Elite immediately jumped to create distance between them.

Her eyes were wide and full of guilty, Chaeyoung looked so scared. "Mina, I-I'm sorr-"

Feeling sensitive from the newly induced mark, Mina whined as she grabbed the girl's hoodie and pulled her closer.

She slammed their lips together, not at all regretting being marked by her Mate. The Mark on her skin made her feel clingy, she didn't want Chaeyoung to leave her side.

Hoping that she never will.

...

"Finally." She heard Jeongyeon mutter.

Mina gave her friend a glare before smiling. Nothing could bring her mood down, she's been marked by her one and only Mate.

Her said Mate still looked dumbfounded as she followed Mina's steps, a dumb smile was also plastered on her face.

Nayeon was already awake, her head leaning on the Earth Elite's shoulder. 

"Come sit. We've been talking." The Goddess said.

The Water Elite dragged her slightly dazed Mate and both of them sat on the grass beside the other couple.

"Seems like we're finally complete huh?" Nayeon suddenly commented. That seemed to bring Chaeyoung out of her dazed state.

"Yeah." Mina breathed out. "We are." She continued as she held her Mate's hand tightly.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you how long I've waited for this to happen." The Air Elite chuckled humourlessly. 

"Oh, you don't have to. I know." The two Elites made eye contact, silently empathizing with the other one. Both of them already knew of their identities for a long time, unlike their Mates who just found out about it because of Nayeon.

They all settled in a comfortable silence, happy to just be in each others presence. 

The four of them knew that this wouldn't last so each of them was trying to bask in it for as long as they can. 

"Let's end this war, shall we?" It was Mina who broke the silence, she knew of her duty. She knew of her responsibilities, leading the Elite was one of them.

"We shall." Jeongyeon held her other hand.

The four of them were smiling warmly at each other and that's when Mina realized.

She wasn't alone. The responsibilities weren't given to her to bear alone, she had the three of them to share it with. 

"Together?" Chaeyoung asked, rubbing her Mate's palm, knowing what was going on inside her head.

"Together." She nodded.

Her heart felt warm.

...

"We need to train." Mina started. They all knew that they weren't ready for what was to come. Heck, she would be lying if she said that she wasn't scared.

She was terrified.

"I can help with that." Dahyun spoke softly, a warm smile was plastered on her face. It immediately calmed the Elite's nerves, the Goddess always had this calming effect on them.

"Thank you." She breathed out. Her words probably meaning a lot more but she didn't elaborate, Mina knew that Dahyun already got what she wanted to convey.

"As long as we're all available, let's meet at Nayeon unnie's room to train at night. If that's okay?" She directed the question towards the Air Elite who only nodded her approval in return.

"Remember to not tell anyone about this. Our training sessions are to remain a secret, if people were to find out it would raise suspicion. If people want to make plans with you, don't deny them so that they won't probe. No one can know about this, not even Jihyo." She stared at Jeongyeon and Nayeon.

"Or Tzuyu." She directed towards her Mate. Chaeyoung sighed.

"Lastly, do not trust anyone." Mina's words were serious.

She would feel guilty for letting them doubt their friends but Mina knew that no one around them could be trusted.

The Water Elite had tightened the security since she found out that the Destined Mates were in the Academy, she'll tighten it even more knowing that Momo was coming.

Even with the strengthened security, she knew that they couldn't let their guard down. Some people could've easily went through their defenses, especially the mental ones.

They needed to work on that one.

"The Goddess will provide us with the training that we need, we will have to focous on that so try to keep yourselves free. With that, I won't be joining the Individual Battle this year." Mina announced.

"The Elemental Games will keep the whole school very busy, there is a possibility that some students will target us. As to not draw suspicion, let's join different battles. I'll join the Obstacle with Chaeyoung and the two of you or at least one of you can join the Individual Battle." Jeongyeon nodded as she opened to speak.

"I'll join." Nayeon beat her into saying. The Earth Elite looked at her Mate as if she was crazy. "Babe, you can't-"

"Hush, Jeong. Don't worry, if I'm feeling weak then I'll immediately surrender okay?" Nayeon's tone was comforting but they both knew that what she said was final.

"Fine. Then, I'll join too. Miss Sunny has been bugging me about it." She grumbled.

"Good. Remember, our goal is not to win. We're there to keep an eye on things and hopefully draw some enemies out. Don't attract too much attention, okay?" 

The three Elites nodded at their leader's words.

"Okay then, let's talk training shall we?" Their attention was grabbed when Dahyun spoke, the outfit that she had awhile ago was gone.

Now, she was wearing a large green hoodie and red track pants. The pants were tucked into her white sneakers, Mina narrowed her eyes at that.

"Uhm Tof-Dahyun? What are you wearing?" Chaeyoung hesitantly asked.

The Goddess slowly looked down at her outfit, she looked a little confused.

"What. I saw people wearing them so I mixed and matched some of the clothing that I saw. Why? Is it weird? It feels comfortable though." She said as she rubbed the sleeves of her hoodie.

Chaeyoung opened to speak, "It looks so wei-"

At the sad face that Dahyun was making. Jeongyeon immediately slapped a hand to cover the Fire Elite;s mouth.

"It looks great! How about training? I think we were talking about that." She changed the subject. Dubu's eyes lit up as Jeongyeon silently glared at Chaeyoung.

"Okay! We will need to train three different parts of your body. Your Physical, Mental, and Spiritual aspects are three very different things and we are going to train all of them."

Mina was sure that Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were confused with the Mental part, as their Specialties were very physical.

She has learned to keep her Mind Barrier strong, though she knew that it needed a lot more work. Maybe, she'll discreetly ask Jihyo about that later.

Nayeon and her surely have heard of Physical and Mental training, the last one slightly baffled them. 

Spiritual Training.

"Physical training will be the easy one but you wouldn't be able to complete it if you didn't learn how to control you Spiritual one. Your Elemental State is tightly connected to the Spiritual aspect so it is important that you learn how to control that before you force your physical limits. The Mental aspect should be trained so that you can protect your minds from mind control or sometimes even memory erasures. Your Mind Barrier is already stronger than the average ones but really strong Elementals can easily break through them if they tried hard enough." She explained slowly.

Everyone nodded as the Goddess spoke, taking it what she was explaining.

"As you're all exhausted, we can start training tomorrow. For now, you all should res-" Her sentence was interrupted by a gasp.

And a seemingly loud thud.

"Nayeon!!" Jeongyeon's frantic voice could be heard as she tried to scoop her fallen Mate in her arms.

Just as the Earth Elemental tried to touch her Mate, an invisible forced pushed them all back. They were all taken aback, flying at least 5 feet away from the girl convusling on the floor.

Mina swore that she even saw Dahyun flinch.

As the green eyed girl tried to approach the Air Elite again, Tofu God held her hand up to stop her. "Don't touch her. Stay away."

If another person told Jeongyeon to stay away, she was sure that the girl would launch at her. She held her self back.

Nayeon writhed in pain on the ground, her Mate clenched her fist to hold herself back from holding her.

Mina held the Earth Elite's arms to hold her and hopefully calm her down. "Stay back or you'll hurt her."

She took deep breaths but stayed in her place.

The Air Elite continued writhing and just as soon as it came, her movements ceased and she layed still.

Just as Jeongyeon tried to take a step forward, a blinding light made them all stagger back. Nayeon's eyes glew bright silver as she was lifted off the ground by an invisible force. 

Her body layed still as she floated into the air, her hair coming down in waves. Her whole aura was glowing, Mina knew that once it dimmed down she would still see white spots.

Nayeon opened to speak and she was shocked to see light also pouring out from there. 

She took a step back as she felt a comforting hand on her back, Chaeyoung tracing soothing circles on the skin of her shirt.

Her voice was different, but it surely was hers. It was deeper and held more power than it normally would.

Shivers ran up her spine and goosebumps decorated her skin as the Elite opened to speak.

"A fated encounter not met before.

Children born to protect the Elements they bore.

Their presence is a wall to protect the Mated.

Yet their presence alone will keep them separated.

 

The four must meet to break the wall. 

Keeping it built will be their fall.

Prolong the wait to feed the Evil.

Weaken the Bond of long lost lovers.

 

One with the power of four will guide.

Protected by the Children, the one will hide.

The One half-blood must be wise.

For one wrong choice, could lead to All's demise."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

Hirai Momo

A beeping sound came into her senses as she felt her consciousness slowly returning to her.

She grunted as her hand came in contact with her phone, turning off the alarm that she had set.

No one really told her to wake up this early everyday, but Momo felt like she needed to do it. 

'They're depending on you Momo.'

That thought made her jump out of her bed and go into the bathroom to change into some training clothes.

This was her routine everyday. Wake up early. Train. Check up on things while Mina is busy with the Academy.

And lastly, eat. A lot.

Not to sound so sad about it but the last one was the highlight of Momo's day. Especially since she couldn't go outside and Mina didn't want her to go to the Academy. Well, at least not yet.

She missed going to school, unlike most other kids, she liked the classes. She loved learning something new as much as she loved learning how to use her powers. So when she heard about what they did in the Academy, Momo was thrilled to go.

At first, she wouldn't listen to Mina. Her mind was set on going there despite the girl and her mother's disagreements. But after that incident, Momo knew that their worries were justified.

She needed to hide, for now. She needed to get stronger, she needed to be capable of fighting on her own. Mina can't always protect her, the Elites can't be the only ones to fight the battles for her.

The Water Elite always told her that they were there to protect her, but she can't always depend on others. She had all these powers for a reason. The girl had a responsibility but so did she.

It was about time that she stopped running away. It was the time to fight for the ones she loved, for the world, and for herself. 

She's not the same girl who would let others step on her as if she was just a peck of dirt on the ground. No. She's changed.

It was time for her to stop cowering away.

Hirai Momo is done running away, this time she's standing up for herself.

And she knows that she will win.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter