Chapter XXIX

I'll Find You [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Second update of this week ❤ In case someone accidentally skips the previous one😢

Yoo Jeongyeon

She had barely just left the bathroom when her Mate suddenly woke up.

Jeongyeon rushed to the girl’s side. She was groaning in pain.

“What’s wrong?” She asked worriedly.

The girl responded with another groan.

She searched around the room and found Dahyun staring at her Mate pitifully.

“She’s about to get another prophecy but her body is rejecting it. It’s different to receive short parts of the prophecy and the whole thing in one go. It’s taking a toll on her body.” Dahyun explained.

She wanted to take Nayeon into her arms but fear of hurting her stopped the girl.

Jeongyeon clutched her hair in frustration. Her Mate was right here, in pain, and she couldn’t even do anything about it.

“What do I do?” She helplessly asked the Goddess.

“Hold her hand but don’t restrict her. Your touch will help her gain energy.” As soon as Dahyun finished speaking, Jeongyeon was already gripping Nayeon’s hand tightly.

Sweat trickled down the older girl’s face and she softly wiped it.

Nayeon visibly leaned into Jeongyeon’s touch. Her contorted face slightly relaxing.

The girl’s grip on her hand suddenly tightened out of nowhere and the Earth Elite yelped in pain.

“Ah!” Her Mate’s eyes snapped open, silver light shining out of it.

Her voice sent shivers down Jeongyeon’s spine.

“The four must meet to break the wall.

Keeping it built will be their fall.

Prolong the wait to feed the Evil.

Weaken the bond of long lost lovers.”

Jeongyeon decided to let her Mate rest and texted Mina that the girl couldn’t attend her classes.

She sighed deeply as she clutched the bag of food from the canteen in her hands. Good thing that Jihyo was busy, she couldn’t really answer the girl truthfully if she had asked questions.

She opened the door to find Nayeon sitting on her bed, staring blankly at the wall, she was wrapped in a blanket.

“Are you feeling better?” She asked as she set the food down.

The Earth Elite opened the bag and removed its contents. She brought a bowl of soup towards her Mate and feed her a spoon.

Nayeon reluctantly opened to gulp the warm soup down.

“Baby?” She suddenly asked, making the girl stopped from feeding her the next spoon.

“Why? Are you in pain?” She asked worriedly. The Air Elite shook her head in reply and Jeongyeon visibly calmed down.

“Shouldn’t we tell Jihyo? The prophecy, I mean. We were wrong, we shouldn’t have told her to stay away. They clearly have to meet.” Nayeon frowned when she noticed that her Mate didn’t immediately agree with her.

She paused for a moment. As a friend, she really wanted to tell Jihyo.

But as the Earth Elite…

“We can’t. At least, not yet. While you were asleep, me and Chaeyoung talked with the Tofu Goddess. She told us not to interfere with the Destined Mates as it could mess with Fate.” She explained.

That wasn’t the only reason that Jeongyeon didn’t want to tell Jihyo.

Her Mate stared at her. She knew that it wasn’t the only reason.

Nayeon gave her a look. “Babe? What’s really the reason?”

“I just keep thinking that once they meet, everything will go down. Their identities will be known to the world and they will surely be targeted by a lot of people. Those two meeting each other while we’re not ready is just… scary.” She admitted.

Her Mate sighed as she rubbed her hand at the girl’s back.

“I’m sorry. I know, it’s pathetic.” She sighed, putting the cup of soup down the table.

“No, it’s not. It’s alright to feel scared, heck I am too. We need a lot of training and none of us are even ready. But it’s not up to us to keep them apart or to let them meet, it has to happen naturally. So, we won’t tell her. I mean, telling her is practically interfering with them right?” Nayeon decided.

“But not telling her is interfering too.” She stated.

The Mates sighed at their predicament.

Telling Jihyo would make the Destined Mates have a huge bounty on their heads. They will be attacked and threatened. Jeongyeon isn’t sure if the Elites can protect them when that happens.

But keeping the secret from Jihyo will weaken the Bond. Hence, will weaken all of them too.

“What do we do?” She gripped her head in her hands.

“How about we don’t tell her yet but when the situation arises, we do?” Nayeon asked.

The Earth Elite nodded.

“In the meantime, let’s train our asses off.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

 

Son Chaeyoung

With all the misunderstandings cleared up with her Mate, Chaeyoung had no reason to not get closer anymore.

Except that she couldn’t. Or more to the fact that she didn’t know how.

She had never dated anyone or even initiated skinship with someone she really liked.

So here she was, sitting alone on the grass as she watched Mina laughed at a joke Jeongyeon said.

All she wanted to do was to hug her and kiss her. Maybe that’s what’s driving her crazy.

Why can’t she just-

“You okay there?” Dahyun’s voice startled her.

The Goddess was staring at her weirdly before deciding to sit beside the girl.

“Yeah.” She decided to say.

“Then why are you here instead of having a bonding time with your Mate over there.” She nonchalantly asked.

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened.

“How did you-“ She stopped and sighed.

“What’s wrong? What’s stopping you from approaching her?” Dahyun asked calmly.

The Fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter