Chapter XX

I'll Find You [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Im Nayeon

"War?" Jihyo asked.

"Against what?"Jeongyeon added. She could feel her Mate's fear and she placed a comforting hand on the girl's shoulderto keep her calm.

Nayeon opened to speak, only to be interrupted by a small voice.

"Against the Mating God" Both Jeongyeon and Jihyo gasped. 

She however, just stared at the soft spoken Elemental and tilted her head curiously.

"How did you know?" She asked.

Mina bit her lip and sighed. "I know a few things too, Nayeon unnie."

All she could offer the girl in reply was stare. What did Mina know?

"Would you tell us?" Jeongyeon questioned.

"Well, I..." She started.

Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows. Why does she seem so...hesitant?

"I really want to tell you, but right now I can't" She sounded so strained.

"Why not?" It was Jihyo who asked.

"We're not ready." Mina ambiguously replied.

"We won't force you into telling us anything that you don't want to tell us. But if you're ready, we'll be waiting." Her Mate's voice was surprisingly calm.

The girl nodded,"I promise, I will. Just not now."

Nayeon noticed the girl steal a glance at Jihyo, her forehead wrinkled in confusion.

It's not that Nayeon didn't know what Mina wanted to hide.

She knew a lot of things. She knew that one of them was the appointed leader of the Elite, Nayeon was sure that it wasn't herself.

Nayeon could easily reveal what the girl didn't want to, but she chose not to.

She had a suspicion that the Tofu Goddess had chosen Mina, and if that was the case and the girl said that they weren't ready then she had no choice but to follow.

"So, Jihyo what's in the book?" She asked instead.

Mina gave her a smile as thanks and she just nodded her head.

"Seems like the Elites and the Destined Mates have never lived in the same era before. Every single time, right about the moment that the Destined Mates are born, the Elites apparently die." Jihyo had her forehead scrunched as she continued to flip through the pages of the books in front of her.

"That's weird." Jeongyeon stated.

"And I noticed something similar with all the Elites. Seems like they've all died due to the same reasons: war." 

"If the Elites and the Destined Mates never lived in the same era, then what's different now?" Mina asked.

The girl looked at Nayeon, hoping that maybe she knew.

"I don't know either. " Nayeon admitted.

"I'm not sure if it's a good thing."Jeongyeon said.

"Why?" Jihyo asked.

"Well from what's written there, it seems like the Elites are protecting the Destined Mates from whatever they are against." She explained.

"And as you said, the Elites keep on dying for the same reasons. Wouldn't that mean that they've failed every single time? If history keeps repeating, I mean." Jeongyeon elaborated.

Nayeon smiled at her Mate. Smart.

She lovingly patted Jeongyeon's head and dragged her fingers through the girl's hair.

"Then that also means that whatever entity their fighting with has also failed." Jihyo concluded out loud.

"Right" Mina said.

"Something's different now and we have to do everything we can so that history won't repeat itself." Nayeon stated.

"Let's finish this now."

There was something in the way Jihyo had said her words that made Nayeon believe.

It's now or never. It's our last chance.

...

Nayeon opened her eyes slowly, it was dark and cold. She pushed herself up and picked up the jacket that she had left by her table.

She wore the piece of clothing and felt the heat begin to spread all over her body. 

She had returned alone to her room last night, declining Jeongyeon's offer of staying. She needed to be here.

She went to the bathroom and washed up. She sighed as she remembered the reason of her waking up so early.

"Your roommate is coming tomorrow at dawn, I hope you welcome her well" Jihyo spoke with a glint in her eyes.

She knew what she needed to do. She had to assess this roommate of hers to find out if they had ill intentions or not.

Making skin contact with another person would usually give Nayeon some information about the person she touched. It was why she hated touching other people, it hurt her head.

The only time she ever shook hands with someone she just met was if the person was being suspicious or weird. Besides that, she stayed clear of any human interaction.

She sat down her bed and waited, she opted on closing her eyes. Whenever Nayeon had nothing to do, she always closed her eyes. It had become a habit.

She didn't like bright lights and noisy environments, she liked the calm and quiet atmosphere. Closing her eyes was only thing that she could do, especially when she couldn't possibly block out the noises.

They were after all, in her head. Park Miyoung, 1998, Pregnant.

The voices were frequent. Hiromi Miyaki,Thursday, Kidnap.

And completely random. 

Kim Chulhee, December 14th Year 2021, Car Accident. She shivered.

Sometimes, even oddly specific.

Minatozaki Sana, Today, Trip on a penguin plushie.

She snorted.

She has learned to keep herself from interveening with what's fated to happen.

People may call her selfish, but it's what she must do.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. It must be her.

She opened the door to be met by a very pale girl who was wearing a huge hoodie and a ridiculous pair of pajamas.

"Hello" The girl greeted. Weird.

"Hi, please come in" Nayeon motioned the girl inside their room. The pale girl walked inside while dragging a rather small suitcase.

She dragged the suitcase beside the empty bed that Nayeon supposed she liked. 

She observed the girl, she didn't know how to feel about her. 

Nayeons searched for the voices in her head but right now they seemed to be eeriely quiet

"Is that all your stuff?" She can't help but ask. They're supposed to stay for the rest of the school year after all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter