Chapter XVI

I'll Find You [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Jihyo



The three of them were sitting down in the middle of Nayeon's room as she slept soundly on her bed.

"So, what do you think it means?" Jihyo said.

'One with the power of four will guide,

Protected by the Children, the One will hide'

Mina's neat handwriting filled the page of the notebook Jihyo had brought from her room.

Jihyo looked at Jeongyeon but the tall girl just shrugged.

She gave Mina a questioning look when she noticed that the girl was avoiding her eyes.

"Mina?" She asked.

"I-I don't know.." Mina tensed.

Jihyo knew that Mina was lying, she could feel Mina giving off tremendous amounts of nervousness when she used her Specialty.

"Mina, please. We need to know everything that we can about this prophesy, it's the only way we can defeat Him." Jihyo tried.

"B-but, I need t-to protect." Mina was mumbling and it looked like she was having an internal battle with herself.

"Please. I know that you're just trying to protect her but we have to know. Also, the Prophesy said that the Children will protect the One. So maybe that means all four Elites will and I swear I'll do too." Jihyo promised.

Mina sighed.

"It's okay, you were going to find out sooner or later anyway. Her name is Momo and she's in Japan right now, I arranged for her to come here so I can protect her better." Mina said.

"You seem very protective of this girl Mina." Jeongyeon observed.

"I am. I don't know why but ever since I met her, everything in my being just shouted for me to keep her safe." Mina sighed.

"Does she have a Mate?" Jihyo asked.

"No she doesn't. Not yet anyway." Mina replied.

"You sure you're Mate will be okay with that?" Jeongyeon said.

"Chaeyoung? With what?" Mina inquired.

"With you being protective of another girl that's not her."

"I-I don't know. But I swear there's nothing romantic going on between me and Momo. I don't think Chaeyoung's the possessive type anyway."

"Oh, I'll tell you she is." Jihyo said knowingly.

"Anyway, I can't reveal any information about her yet. Maybe she'll tell you when she comes. Let's just move to another topic okay?"

"Oh yeah. Jihyo you were going to say something about your Specialty." Jeongyeon said.

"Yeah-" A loud knock resonated in the room.

"It's the food"

"YESSSS" Jeongyeon exclaimed.



Chou Tzuyu

“Let’s train.”

She didn’t know what prompted her to ask Chaeyoung to train in the middle of the night but the smaller girl’s glee and excitement made her almost rethink her decision.

Okay, maybe she did know why she wanted to go out and train.

But the thought of that certain student council president made her mind go out of control.

So, she shrugged the thought off and focused on the little girl in front of her.

“I’ll get my jacket, it’s chilly out.” Chaeyoung coolly replied.

She knew the girl was containing her excitement, it was evident in the way she almost skipped to her closet to look for her piece of clothing.

“I’ll get mine too.”

Tzuyu wore her navy blue jacket before turning around to see Chaeyoung almost gleaming at her while holding the knob of their door.

“You’re such a noob.” Tzuyu said as she rolled her eyes.

“HEY!”

..

“Woah it’s really cold.” Chaeyoung said as she rubbed the sleeves of her jacket together.

“Well, that nothing a little fire can’t fix.” Tzuyu smirked as she produce fire with her right hand.

“Oh, yeah. We’re Fire Elementals, at least half of you is.” Chaeyoung said and Tzuyu shushed her in case somebody was nearby.

“Don’t worry Tzuyu. No one is here, especially at 9 in the evening” She squinted her eyes as she tried to see the time on her watch. The dim lights weren’t helping at all.

Tzuyu closed her eyes to feel the wind surrounding them.

It was peaceful and she couldn’t hear anything else except for the swaying of the leaves in the trees.

The forest looked calm at night, though some people would find it scary.

“I think we should go back Tzuyu, the trees look… creepy.” Chaeyoung shuddered.

“Don’t be such a wimp Chaeyoung. Come on let’s train.” She said as she played with the fire in her hands.

“B-But” She pouted.

“Fine. Just one hour and we’ll go back okay?” Tzuyu sighed defeatedly as Chaeyoung nodded enthusiastically.

Chaeyoung closed her eyes for a second and Tzuyu wondered what the small girl was doing.

Concentrating.

In a split second, both the girls arms were engulfed in flames.

Tzuyu stared in awe.

It’s not the brightness or the size of the flame that made it so breathtakingly beautiful, it was the… color.

Blue.

Blue flames surrounded Chaeyoung’s hands as she waved it around.

She played with it, rolling it around her fingers. It was dancing around the girl’s skin, as if it was different notes playing around on a sheet of paper. Producing wonderfully composed music.

Chaeyoung’s eyes were still closed as she played around with her fire.

“Woah. How’d you learn how to do that?” Tzuyu asked.

“Do what?” Chaeyoung asked, her eyes still shut.

She saw the girl’s eyes flutter open as she took in the sight of her own flames.

“That.” Tzuyu replied.

“Oh. I haven’t done that since forever.”

And Chaeyoung had the audacity to look shocked.



Hirai Momo

Sweat trickled down her face as her fist made contact with the rubbery surface of the punching bag.

More. More. More.

The room was silent, aside from the sounds the punching bag was creating and the grunts that came out of .

Stronger.

I need to be stronger.

Left. Right. Left. Right.

It’s not enough.

“Leave Momo. Go now, before they get here.” Her voice was frantic.

“B-but, I can’t leave you here alone! Come with me, Mina can protect us both.” she protested.

“No. If I come with you, my Mate would be able to track me down with the bond. He’s being controlled by Him. If they find me, they’ll find you too. So get away Momo, please.” She held Momo’s hands tightly.

It was warm, giving Momo the comfort needed to calm her down.

“Let them get me, I don’t care. I just want you safe.” She pleaded, but the older woman just shook her head.

“Momo just go, for me. If they find you, everything will be over. I-I can’t do that to you Momo. I can’t do that to the world. Please. Just go.” She begged, tears were streaming down her face.

“B-But-“ Momo tried to protest when a loud bang somewhere in the distance interrupted her.

“They’re here. Go Momo. Now.” She commanded.

“No! Please don’t. They’ll get you!”

“Take her away and keep her safe.” She nodded at the guards.

The buff men carried Momo by her shoulders, despite her protests.

Momo could easily disarm the guards who were holding her against her will.

If only she could use her elements in front of them.

I can take them down if I just-

“Don’t fight them Momo. Just go. I love you.” She was wiping her tears.

The plead in her mother’s voice, made her knees go weak.

“I-I love you mom. I love you so much.” She replied, her voice cracking.

She broke free from the guard’s hold and hugged her mom.

Her mother’s sweet scent and comforting aura made her cry even more.

“Go now Mo. They’re coming.” There was urgency in her mom’s voice, so she r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter