Chapter XII

I'll Find You [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myoui Mina

3 Years Ago

Mina felt a heavy feeling inside her as she walked down the hallway with her friends.

She didn’t know why she felt that way.

Her heart just feels so heavy that it made her own steps heavier. She should’ve been happy right now, but why was she not.

She had met new friends, transferred to a new school and even changed the way she acted around people.

 But why was she feeling like this?

Mina had buried her introverted self and had tried to socialize more.

She had smiled at every person she met and became friends with people she never thought she would be friends with.

She should’ve been happy.

But why was she feeling like this?

She had met friends with problems like her own, they were similar in a way.

They moved to a new school for a fresh start and a change of scenery.

“He’s so annoying, why does he keep on following us? Can’t he take a hint?” Her friend, Ayumi once whispered to Mina.

She wasn’t talking about her.

But why was she feeling like this?

Mina hated talking behind others backs, she wanted to trust everyone and she wouldn’t betray them like that.

She could only nod, not wanting to agree but putting up a front felt… safer.

When I turn around, does she talk behind my back too?

Ayumi was her best friend even if they had only met a couple of months ago they clicked it off very well.

They both found solace in each other’s loneliness, along with Hiyoshi. The three of them quickly became close and Mina thought that finally she could forget.

Maybe, she could throw away her past.

Maybe she could throw away her real self too.

She became easy going, she joked well and they responded well. They shared moments that were precious to the three of them.

The three of them were the ‘gang’, they were always saying that it was destiny that they met.

But was it really?

She used to love these moments where a comfortable silence would fall on the three of them as they trudged through their school.

Now, she didn’t know if she did.

Hiyoshi and Ayumi talked about classes, their lives even their powers.

But Mina couldn’t make herself in the conversation.

She was happy these past few months.

But why was she feeling like this?

The both of her friends had shared a part of their selves to her.

She also shared her secrets, light ones nothing really deep. Maybe it was her fault, she was the one who couldn’t trust other people.

She had always smiled and acted carefree.

Sometimes Ayumi would even ask her, “You don’t really care about these things, don’t you?” and she would only chuckle, taking it as a compliment for being carefree.

But deep down she knew that her heart that she tried so hard to ignore was breaking inside.

I’m not carefree. I don’t ignore those big things because I didn’t care.

I act like I don’t care about those big things because I’m too busy caring and worrying about the little things no one would.

Mina knew that she cared too much, but what could she do?

She wondered why she was suddenly feeling like this when she was fine the day before.

Was it her fault that she noticed the little things?

Was it bad that she noticed the bored and indifferent looks Ayumi would give her when she talked about something that she loved?

Or the looks Hiyoshi and Ayumi shared and the laugh they would share after?

The looks weren’t romantic or anything, it was just like an inside joke was being made between them.

All Mina wanted to say was –

Please include me too, I’m your friend right?

But she couldn’t, she didn’t care about those little things after all.

Was it her fault that she would notice Ayumi’s hateful stares directed at her when she wasn’t looking.

Maybe she was just imagining all of this inside her mind.

But why was she feeling like this?

Was it her fault that each step she was taking right now felt like she was dragging bricks along with it?

She still couldn’t find the reason why she was feeling this way.

She still doesn’t know why she was noticing the distance between herself and the other two as they walked side by side while she trailed after them.

Ayumi laughed at a joke Hiyoshi had said and she wondered how she could act that way in front of him.

How could she act like there was nothing wrong and that everything was peaceful between them.

Then Mina inhaled a ragged breath when she realized the reason for the bricks in her feet and the needles pricking her heart.

Ayumi never acted hateful towards her, she never said anything wrong to offend Mina.

It made Mina wonder if Ayumi did to her what she did to Hiyoshi.

Was she telling bad things behind my back too?

Does Hiyoshi hate me too?

Mina tried her hardest to stay low and let her friend have the spotlight.

Because she didn’t need it, hell she didn’t even want it.

All she wanted was a genuine friendship, where no lies were being told.

No fake smiles and hidden looks.

She thought she had finally gotten it.

But why was she feeling like this?

Mina needs to get of there. She needed to hug someone.

Someone she trusts, someone who would never leave her.

She had no one, because the people who were supposed to hug her and fix her were the ones who broke her.

She only had one person in her life and Mina quickly excused herself and ran away.

Away from the place that used to give her comfort.

Away from the place that now brings her pain.

Can you see me now? – Mina

She texted the only person she could trust right now as she ran away.

Mina called her driver to pick her up and waited by the school’s entrance for the car.

I’ll be over your house in 10 minutes. – “Protect”

Thanks. - Mina

She quickly replied before going inside the car that had just arrived.

“Take me home please” She told the driver in a thick Japanese accent and the driver drove away.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

Yoo Jeongyeon

She stretched her back as she made her way over to her next class.

All she did in her previous class, despite it being Physical Combat was sit the whole time.

The real training would start tomorrow and Jeongyeon bit her lips in anticipation.

She looked at the bubbly girl beside her, the girl had come out of the same class but they were heading to different directions right now.

“Which class are you going to right now” She asked the girl who was eyeing and waving at people as they passed.

“I’m going to Mental Class today” Sana responded.

“Oh, then you won’t meet Jihyo today” Jeongyeon concluded.

Sana was one of those rare cases that needed more than one special class.

She was in the Mental Class for the ability to manipulate and make people do certain things. But she was also in Jihyo’s class which was the Emotions Class.

“Yeah, I won’t haha. But I saw her in the canteen a while ago when you weren’t there.” Sana glared at Jeongyeon and the latter just smiled sheepishly.

She sighed as she replied, “I was hiding from Mina”

“I know and I guess you already talked to her.” Sana said and Jeongyeon eyes widened.

“You knew? How?” She asked and Sana just shook her head.

“Because I know that you’re a coward-“ Jeongyeon slapped her in the arm for that.

“And I saw Mina in the Forest crying.” She finished.

“Wait. What? She was crying!? Is she okay?” Jeongyeon hated it when Mina cried and knowing that it was her fault made her feel even sadder.

“Yeah. She’s fine, her mate came to comfort her.” Sana replied and Jeongyeon’s response made her regret saying it.

“Oh” Her face looked gloomy all of a sudden and Sana just wrapped her up in a hug.

“You have to be happy for her Jeong. You’re one of her closest friends and she wouldn’t want you to be distant and sad over this.” Jeongyeon sighed in response and nodded.

“Yeah okay. Her mate wouldn’t hurt her right? Cause if she gets hurt I don’t know what I would do.” Sana nodded and smiled.

“Yeah, she wouldn’t hurt Mina. Her mate is a cutie pie and wouldn’t hurt a fly. Also I bet you’ll find her adorable.” Sana gushed and Jeongyeon just narrowed her eyes.

“I doubt that and I’m surprised you didn’t try to infatuate her yet.  Or infatuate anyone today for that matter.” The bouncy girl just giggled as she responded guiltily.

“Actually, I have and I tried. It didn’t work on Mina’s mate but it did work on Jihyo’s new friend though.”

“It didn’t work on Mina’s mate? Well that’s not really surprising since it didn’t work on Mina too. And Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter