Chapter X

I'll Find You [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoo Jeongyeon

Jeongyeon woke up to the sweet aroma of hot chocolate.

"Change after you finish that, you don't want to be late for class" Jihyo turned around to pack her things right after.

"Thank you, you're a really great friend you know that right?" She said almost tearing up. She was lucky to have a friend like Jihyo, they may tease each other all the time but she only does it to show affection.

It was times like this where Jeongyeon felt warm. When even if they hurt each other a lot physically like pinching or flicking, there were moments when Jihyo was sweet like now.

"Aww.. Don't get emotional with me Yoo Jeongyeon. And You're Welcome, after all your first period is Calculus BWAHAHA" She takes what she said back. Jihyo was evil.

"I hate you." She spat.

Jihyo just smiled evilly and said with a sweet tone, "But I thought I was a 'really great friend'."

"Shut up"

The conversation ended with that and Jeongyeon finally took a sip of the now warm chocolate.

Sweetness filed her senses and she wished that she could relish this forever. She wanted to live in a bubble, where yesterday didn't transpire at all.

Where Mina was hers and only hers.

But Jeongyeon knew she couldn't do that. She could teleport to places but she could not go back in time.

And even if she did, she knew that Mina was still not hers.

Did she know all this time? Has Mina ever thought of Jeongyeon as someone who's more than a friend?

Her heart hurt and she wanted to erase it, remove it or even destroy it. Hell she didn't care, all she wanted was for the pain to go away.

But Tofu God was a jerk and the pain wouldn't go away.

Curse you Tofu God I hope you trip on a donut.

Jeongyeon immediately removed the thoughts from her head, afraid that maybe the god would curse her love life and not give her a mate.

SorryTofu God, please don't curse my love life.

But the damage was already done, for somewhere probably not on earth Tofu God was on the floor rubbing her bruised knee.

...

Meet me in the cafeteria, I'll fetch Nayeon after class - Jihyo

Jeongyeon hasn't met this Nayeon chick but she thinks they'll get along well. After all, Jihyo never voluntarilly got involved with people if it wasn't her job anymore. 

Will she be in the cafeteria? 

Of course she will Yoo Jeongyeon, where would the Mina eat if she wasn't there?

She texted Jihyo a quick 'Sure' before focusing back to her Element Class.

"The First Quarter Elemental Games will be held from now and in this class you will train and strenghten your connection with your Earth" Excited murmurs erupted in class the moment the teacher announced it.

Every year, the Elemental Games takes place four times. There were team games where Elements were put up against other Elements, but there were also individual games where Elementals fight with others one on one.

The individual fights usually end when one yields or when the situation becomes too dangerous for the Elemental  to continue.

"Last year, the Fire Region won the team games but this year we have to snatch the title away and win it." Their Mentor Sunny, as petite as she can be was very determined and competitive.

Especially since Miss Taeyeon led the Fire Region last year when they won. They were rivals of some sort and always competed on little things,

"Luckily one student in this class won with the most individual fights last year. Jeongyeonie where are you?" Miss Sunny looked for her in the crowd then calling her upfront after finding her.

Jeongyeon relunctantly stood up and went to Miss Sunny's side. Their height difference was ridiculous and Jeongyeon felt herself crouching a little.

"Last year the second place who was a Water Elemental won 7 individual fights and Jeongyeon here won uh- how many dear?" Jeongyeon bowed her head embarrased at the attention she was getting.

The whole class was staring at her, some with a proud look while some with curiousity and admiration.

"Uhh- 8. It wasn't really that big of a differe-" She was cut off.

"But the important thing is that Jeongyeon won and hopefully this year she can do it again and show that Water Elemental how it's done" Miss Sunny crossed her arms and smirked.

"Actually, that Water Elemental is my frie-" Again Miss Sunny cut her off with a, "There are no friends in competitions Jeongyeon, you will win okay?" 

Miss Sunny said that with so much conviction that Jeongyeon just sighed and nodded her head before going back to her seat.

Mina was the one who got 2nd Place last year and with her just being a second year it was an incredible feat.

Her heart clenched again at the thought of her mat- friend.

I can't call her my mate anymore.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Miss Sunny spoke again.

"Also, for those aiming for the Challenge you have to prepare not only your elements but also your physical fitness. Only one finished the Challenge last year and the farthest the others got to was at obstacle 4. You gotta admire the President for that after all her great thinking skills, agility and hardwork made her the only one to finish the Challenge." Miss Sunny was talking about Jihyo.

Jihyo was probably the only Water Elemental Miss Sunny would praise like that, after all everybody loved her,

The Challenge was another event besides the team and individual one. It was an obstacle course with 7 rounds and each year the creators spice it up and change obstacles so that it' won't be easy to complete.

The three events made up the Elemental Games every year, though Jeongyeon only signed up for the individual one last year.

Jeongyeon didn't sign up for the Challenge last year because she and Mina promised to take it together this year.

But she couldn't face Mina right now. Even the mention of her name brought slight tears to Jeongyeon's eyes and she still can't bear to see her.

She decided to avoid her for the moment.

Jeongyeon was running away and she knew that she was being a coward for it but she didn't care.

But sooner or later she knew that she was going to face Mina.

Jeongyeon could never be upset with Mina, because every time she was mad or upset about something Mina would confront her abput it or say sorry immediately.

And Jeongyeon knew that Mina was going to do exactly that.

A sudden beep pulled Jeongyeon out of her thoughts as she was walking the hallway.

Her Element Class was over and she was on her way to the cafeteria.

Hey, uhm guess what Mina's my classmate. She wanted to eat with us and I accepted haha. Please don't kill me - Jihyo

Jeongyeon immediately took a u-turn and headed somewhere else instead.

Yes, running away great idea Jeongyeon.

Uhm I'll skip lunch and just stuff myself at dinner. See you - Jeongyeon

She entered her favorite place in the whole Academy - Forest.

The Forest wasn't dangerous, at least not in broad daylight. It was were Elementals sometimes train their Elements.

It was a private area owned by the Academy and Jeongyeon always goes there when she didn't have anywhere to go.

Yah! YOO JEONGYEON DON'T YOU DARE. Also Mina wanted to talk to you, about you know? - Jihyo

Nope - Jeongyeon

She inhaled the fresh air and felt the nature that surrounded her. Jeongyeon always felt connected to her Element, it felt like she was one with it. It felt like she needed to protect it and serve it.

Her phone vibrated to signal(bonae) her Jihyo's message but Jeongyeon sat down by a tree first before opening it.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn - Jihyo

Jihyo knew that using too much of one letter in texting always ticked Jeongyeon off and she did it whenever she could.

No. Stop that - Jeongyeon

But... You haven't even met Nayeon. I promise you'll like herrrrrrrrrr - Jihyo

No. Again stop that. How do you even know that I'll like her - Jeongyeon

Well, she's really pretty, tottaly weird and she has a cute bunny teeth. She's clumsy too and I think she's sorta the complete opposite of Mina. She's quite a talker - Jihyo

Uhuh I'm totaly not gonna like her, she sounds exhausting and don't bring her up - Jeongyeon

Complete opposite of Mina? That sounds tiring.

Sorry. But still, you have to meet her. She's also really funny and everything. She'd be perfect if she didn't have that weird glowing thing going on - Jihyo

If she was really all that then why don't you court her, you sound pretty infatuated. Also, what glowing thing? - Jeongyeon

She looked up from her phone to look at the birds around her, they were beautiful.

She closed her eyes and just felt the nature surrounding her for a long time.

Jihyo still wasn't replying and Jeongyeon was really curious about the glowing thing she talked about.

Her stomach grumbled from hunger and Jeongyeon just cursed herself.

Ugh why do I have to be such a coward.

But Jeongyeon's day was saved when she suddenly looked up to the smell of delicious food but she almost ran when she saw who was holding the plastic bag containing it.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Son Chaeyoung

"Hi, I'm Sana" A pretty girl introduced herself to Chaeyoung as several other Fire Elementals filled the room.

"Oh Hi My name's Chaeyoung" She replied and the girl just stared at her.

"I know. I make it my job to know every new cutie in the Academy and you surely are one" Sana said with a wink.

"Uhhh" She didn't know what to reply, Chaeyoung was never really flirted with before. Maybe except for that one weird looking guy a few years back, but hey this girl in front of her was pretty.

Really pretty. Not as pretty as Mina though.

"Sana unnie, stop." Tzuyu's voice was stern and Sana just batted her eyes at her friend.

"Come on Tzu~ I'm just kidding around" The girl just shook her head with a smile.

Chaeyoung almost gasped.

The roommate of hers, who always has that upright position and just keeps a straight face most of the time is smiling at the pretty girl who was probably flirting with her.

"What" She looked at the exhange between the two and concluded that they probably were really close with each other.

Also something was telling chaeyoung that it was really just friendship that these two had.

It looked suspicious though because Tzuyu looked like someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter