Chapter I

I'll Find You [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoo Jeongyeon

 

10 Years Ago

 

Jeongyeon was excited. She's been waiting for this day to come, the day she gained her powers.

Her 7th birthday. 

Like any other kid who's excited to gain their long awaited powers, Jeongyeon was exhilarated. She's been waiting for so long, after all the stories her parents told her she just couldn't wait that much longer.

She wanted to know what it felt like to have her powers and more importantly what it was.

There are 4 kinds of Elementals in this world, representing the 4 elements of nature.

Fire, Earth, Water and Air.

Both of her parents were Earth Elementals, she knew she was going to be one too but she didn't know what kind of power or specialty she had. 

Each Elemental has a specialty, her mother had super sonic speed while her dad had super strength.

Each person's specialty compliments their element, thus enhancing their abilities.

Jeongyeon was excited to know what her specialty was, she could inherit one of her parent's specialty or she could possibly gain a new one.

Nevertheless she couldn't stop her legs from shaking under the dining table, her excitement hard to contain.

She was excited to finally see the colors her parents were talking about. They said each person had a color that matches their element, red for Fire, blue for Water, silver for Air and green for Earth.

Right now her parents looked completely normal, no green color emiting from their bodies. They said when she gets her powers, her own eyes would change color and she would be able to see the colors other people emit.

Her parents said that a person's mood or personality affects the brightness of the aura that surrounds them.

She wanted to know what other people feel, for she's not really good at reading people.

...

Jeongyeon's mom looked at her daughter fondly, the table was shaking from her child's obvious excitement.

Her child grew up so fast, one day she was trying to stand and now here she was with little sparks of green bursting out of her body.

it's near. Jeongyeon's mom thought as her child aura became greener and enveloped almost every part of her petite frame.

I need to tell her now. She thought. She and her husband shared a look and he left quietly so the two women can have their talk.

"Mom? Where did dad go?" Jeongyeon asked curious as to why her dad left the dining table so abruptly.

"Jeong you and I need to talk about something now that you're going to obtain your powers" Jeongyeon looked at her mom confused.

She thought she already knew everything about her powers. "Remember when I told you that you'll see people's auras and how their brightness depends on their mood right?" Jeongyeon nods eagerly wanting to know more about it.

"Well there's this person who will have the brightess aura you'll ever see, so bright that you'll get captured immediately. This person is someone who is matched with you by the tofu god. Every part of you and this person will match like a jigsaw puzzle. This person will stay with you by your side until you take your last breath. This person will protect you and cherish you and in return you'll do the same. Just like your father and I do.

This person will be called your mate. This person will match every aspect and trait you have and this person will complete you. And when you find this person, you must never let go. Cause you will be each others forever."

Jeongyeon nods hesitantly, having a mate was new information to her but she was sure of one thing.

She will find and protect her mate.

~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~

 

Present Day

"Jeongyeon-ah faster!!! You'll be late on your first day at the Academy."  Jeongyeon's mom shouted.

"Yes mom... I'll be right there" Jeongyeon zipped up her suitcase and looked at herself in the mirror one last time.

She had short brown hair that barely reaches her shoulders and sharp green eyes that screams nature. Jeongyeon released a breath, padded her clothes then gave herself a nod before grabbing her suitcase and leaving her room.  

She looked at her room one last time, the room she spent her last 17 years in. The room she won't see for another School Year.

She went downstairs to see her mom already packed her food and she couldn't help but tear up at the sight. "I'll miss you mom..." She said her voice choked up on the upcoming tears.

"Hey baby don't cry, come on taking your food and go in the car. Your dad and Mina are already in it." Her mom replied as she hushed her and wrapped her in a tight hug.

Jeongyeon's ears perked up at the mention of her best friend and squeezed her mom tight before walking out to leave the house. Before she could open the door her mom stopped her. Jeongyeon looked at her mom questionably curious as to why she's stopping her.

"Don't use it unless you were told to use it Yoo Jeongyeon. Understand?" Her mom gave her a stern look and she immediately knew what she was talking about.

Jeongyeon nodded," I won't mom, don't worry. It's not like I can pop anywhere I want to right?" With that said she picked up her things and left the house.

Jeongyeon's specialy was.. as ironic as it sounds... Special. With her mom having super sonic speed and her dad super human strenght she thought that maybe she'll get one of those two.

What she never could've thought was getting a combination of both. Jeongyeon couldn't run as fast as her mother or be as strong as her dad but with her mom's speed and her dad's strenght she could do one thing.

She could teleport.

Her abilty was almost unheard of, it wasn't often that two specialties would combine and create something new. Jeongyeon kept it a secret all her life, even from her friends, she kept it to herself because having a special ability could attract evil people and her safety was at risk.

Only one person aside from her parents and roommate knew though and it was her best friend.

Myoui Mina

Jeongyeon's dad helped her with the luggage as she joined Mina in the backseat. She hugged her bestfriend before putting on a seatbelt for safety and her dad drove away.

She met Myoui Mina when her family moved in right next door to Jeongyeon's.The moment she saw Mina she knew that something was different.

Mina's aura was bright. At that moment Jeongyeon thought "Ah so this was the brightness mom was talking about". She knew Mina was her mate but she and Mina never acknowledged it.

Jeongyeon was confused as to why Mina never brought it up. But she convinced herself otherwise, maybe Mina was just shy and introverted.

But something felt wrong.

Her mom told her that they will fit each other so well because they were matched by the tofu god and they did. They became friends immediately, best friends even.

But something still felt wrong.

Jeongyeon was careful and Mina was meticulous. Both of them would think first before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter