Tug of War

Make You Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is ed up. I am seriously ed up. Why did I not think this through?! This is still South Korea, there’s at least, say sixty to seventy percent chance that I will be meeting someone who actually knows me personally! This ing guy—I mean, Byun Baekhyun is the work colleague I was talking about whom I went out with and declined cause he’s been like crazy about me since we were in the university and take note, he’s a few years my senior. What am I going to do?! Should I hide? For ’s sake, this guy isn’t going to leave me alone, I’m serious!

I stand there motionless after calling out his name. A bigger smile formed on his lips. “Eh~ it’s been eight months since we last met. I tried texting and calling you, you wouldn’t respond though.” He teased while pouting. I looked at him like what-the--is-going-on-in-your-head. “Because—” I let out a worn-out chuckle as I tap my temple. “—I rejected you, right?” I try to remind him with a fake smile. “Yeah, once.” He nonchalantly answered before showing me his perfect teeth with that wide smile. Ugh, this guy! Of all acquaintances I could meet, why him?!

What does he mean—so he’s planning to get rejected twice?!

Or more?!

Is he ing insane?

“So, are you here for berry-picking only or did you check in here too?” He asked and I widen my eyes at him even more. “T-too? You. . . you checked in here?” I ask while blinking rapidly. Okay, I am indeed enormously ed. “Yes~ I just checked in around five yesterday, I’ll be here couple weeks. Could have checked in to an actual hotel but I found this place and it’s like home, like a real vacation house, I need some relaxation for two weeks at least away from the city.” He replied and yet again, my eyes formed wider. “T-two weeks?” I ask and I could feel myself taking a few steps back now to escape. “Yeah~ oh by the way, how’s your plans with your hotel? Have you found a location yet? Is it here? Where?” He grinned and just at the right time, Kyungsoo came.

Oh . “Ahh—let’s talk right there! Oh my god, I haven’t seen you in a while! Wow!” I shrieked loudly to overlap his words. I glanced at Kyungsoo to check if he heard anything but he didn’t seem to, he’s gotta be too far to hear it. I immediately dragged Baekhyun away from the field and out towards the pathway leading to the gates. “Yea yeah, let’s go talk here. Too much flies in there in the field.” I fake a laugh while still glancing at the field to check on Kyungsoo.

But when I turned back to this person, I realized I was hugging his arm and he had this really satisfied grin on his face while looking at me.

I immediately pull my hand away while clearing my throat. “Okay, we can talk here. All you have to do is ask, you didn’t have to drag me like that but. . . oh well, who am I to complain.” He grinned and faced me more properly this time. “Don’t. . . d-don’t get the wrong idea. It’s not that at all.” I mutter and roll my eyes. Okay, so what should I do? Should I tell him honestly? I can’t let him say something about the real me and make Kyungsoo find out about the truth. He’s going to be so mad, he’s going to get hurt. He won’t forgive me. . .  I can’t let that happen.

I take in a deep breath while holding on my waist.

“Okay. . . let me get this straight.” I put a hand up and look at him. “I am not here as. . . the Han Iseul you know. I’m uh. . .” I clear my throat as I debate with myself whether or not to tell him. He’s business-minded too, he might understand and even cooperate if I do tell him the truth but at the same time, HE’S CRAZY ABOUT ME so I don’t think he will react in a good way if he finds out I’m trying to be in a relationship with this other guy, right?!

Oh my god, I don’t know what to do at this point.

“Uhm, take it as a meditation? I like to call it my own way of meditating. So, I c-came in here to like. . . cleanse my soul from all the business-related stress that I-I’ve been into for the past few years. So w-what I did is. . . “ I start my big lie while rubbing my palms together. “I went here and then. . . I applied for a job here, just to be in a new and different environment? And. . . so, they just know me as Han Iseul from Seoul not the Han Iseul who’s the daughter of Han Jaesuk who’s the owner of Gwanhan Group of Companies., t-that’s pretty. . . much it.” I manage to finish the overwhelming, my , story. “Oh, interesting.” He replied while nodding.

Err, I don’t know what kind of reaction is that but he seems to be buying it.

He’s gullible, this should be easy.

“So. . . my request is for you to. . . keep it between us? Like you don’t know the real me, it’s a secret here okay?” I nod convincing making him smile. “You’re too cute to say no to. Sure, honey.” Baekhyun easily agreed making me sigh in so much relief. And he calls women honey all the time, it’s like his endearment to women when he’s friends or closely-related to them, I’m kind of used to it. Although I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re friends nor are we related in any other way.

Well, he thinks we’re very close just because we went to the same university and my father knows his father.

But good thing my father is a good person so he’s not the type of C.E.O. who marries his daughter off to some stranger for business so I highly doubt that I will ever be related to this guy.

“So, how’s it been? Is it fun working like an ordinary person? Should I do it to?” He asked excitedly making me frown even more. Oh no. no! “U-uh, it’s uh, I wouldn’t recommend, it’s a pretty tough job, physically.” I eagerly shook my head and kindly smiled. “Aww, don’t worry about me. I think it’ll be fun.” He nodded at the same time pretty much fanboying because apparently, I’m ‘worried about him,’ well, that’s according to him. Eak.

Can I just die?

Like, right here?!

“N-no, really—I don’t think—”

“Iseul-ah.”

Oh , here we go. I turn around and saw Kyungsoo walking towards us. I rub my face to remove the excess stress that’s been building up inside of me since I saw Baekhyun’s annoying face. “I should introduce you guys. So Baekhyun Sunbae, this is Do Kyungsoo, my boss. He owns this place. Kyungsoo Oppa, this is Byun Baekhyun, we w-went to the same university.” As much as I didn’t want them to be associated at all, I did what I had to do. “Oh my god, you own this place all by yourself? Where’s your parents?” Baekhyun suddenly asked Kyungsoo in concern like he’s worried for a child. “Huh?” Kyungsoo asked cluelessly while glancing at me.

I had the urge to hit Baekhyun on the head. I nudged him. “He’s your age, .” I mumble softly to him. And again, because I went close to his ear, it made him grin like a stupid maniac who eats s for lunch.  “Oh, right. Well that’s a good thing buddy, you look—you look really young, like REALLY young, eh?” Baekhyun cheekily greeted before shaking Kyungsoo’s hand. “So, you went to the university together? That’s nice.” Kyungsoo nodded and glanced at me with a smile.

Baekhyun coolly smiled while folding his arms. “Yeah, same university. Just university only, nothing more. Cause I was successful in our field, she wasn’t. She didn’t get the cut, maybe that’s why she ended up working here. She’s not a business owner like I am, or maybe yet. Who knows, right? She’s smart though, she is. But yeah, too bad she couldn’t work in the field she studied. You know. . . business, those stuff.” Baekhyun sudden explained confidently making me look down slapping my own face.

Oh, my ing god.

Why do I deserve this?

I glance at Kyungsoo in worry and saw him nodding while giving the guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter