1 - Beginning, or the End?

Nightmare

"Jin hyung, do you want anything?" Jimin asked.

Jin opened one of his eye, looked at him confused. The makeup artists were working on his face when suddenly Jimin came to him with his cellphone. The BTS were about to shoot their latest outdoor photoshoot for their comeback.

"I wanna go buy some snacks along with Jungkook-ah. Do you want anything?" Jimin asked again.

"Aaah I see. Well, I let you guys decide then." Jin answered, then he closed his eyes again, letting the makeup artist do their job.

"Okay then." Jimin smiled and walked away from Jin.

Jimin approached Jungkook who was waiting for him. Both Jimin and Jungkook already done with their solo photoshoots and they had a break time before they'd took some photos along the rest of the members. It was Namjoon, Hoseok and Taehyung's turn to had their photoshoot and Yoongi was sleeping, while he let the makeup artists do their job to his face.

Jimin, Jungkook and one of their managers were entering a convenient store nearby. The whole area was booked by for BTS'photosession, so they could walk around freely. But they still drag along a manager to accompany them. The three of them are walking around the aisle, picking the snacks they wanted and what the other members requested them to buy.

Suddenly Jimin's cellphone rang. He took it out from his jeans pocket. A call from his mom. Jimin knitted his eyebrows in confusion. He did call her yesterday, telling her that he'd have a photoshoot today and he couldn't answer her call. Jimin contemplated whether to pick it up or not. His cellphone rang again. It must be something important.

"Hello? What is it, mom?"

A buzzing sound.

"Mom?" Jimin asked.

"Is that your mom, hyung?"Jungkook asked. Jimin nodded.

"Must be important. Ah, the signal isn't good here." Jimin answered.

"Jungkook-ah, I'll step out a bit. The signal isn't good here. I won't be long." Jimin pat Jungkook's shoulder, giving him his snacks and stepped out of the convenient store.

"Hello, mom? What's wrong-"

Jimin heard a chuckle. A woman's voice. Jimin immediately checked his cellphone back. It was still his mom's number.

"Jimin-ah?"

Jimin felt something on his neck. A needle. Someone injected him with something from behind. Before he could react, his head was hit by something. Jimin fell to the ground. His visions became blurry. He could felt someone was dragging him into an alley. But he couldn't do anything. He couldn't even speak. His head felt heavy.

****

"Jimin hyung?" Jungkook stepped out from the convenient store with bags in his hands.

He looked around to find Jimin but he was nowhere to be found. Jungkook knitted his eyebrow, confused. Where would Jimin go? He said he wouldn't be long. The maknae turned to see the manager who was just as confused as him.

"Did he come back to shoot's location, hyung?" Jungkook asked.

"It's not like Jimin for going off without telling us, Jungkook-ah. Didn't he said he'd just talk with his mom?" The manager shook his head. He was unsure.

"I'll call the staff." The manager took out his cellphone and began to talk to one of the staff.

"I'll call hyung." Jungkook put the bag the ground and took out his cellphone, dialing Jin.

"Yah, Jungkook-ah, where are you? It's almost time for the group's shoot." was what Jin said first thing when he picked up the call.

"We're still at the convenient store, hyung. Is Jimin hyung there?" Jungkook asked.

"Didn't he go with you?" Jungkook could hear Namjoon's voice. Jin must be put the call on speaker.

"He was, but he stepped out from the store when his mom called him. But he's not here." Jungkook explained, as simple as he could.

"What? It's not like him to leave just like that." Hoseok's voice.

"I'll call his cellphone." Yoongi's.

"Maybe he's on his way back here?" Taehyung's.

"Anyway, come back to the shoot location, Jungkook-ah." Namjoon told him.

The call ended. Jungkook turned to see the manager and he shook his head. He suggested the same as Namjoon. They hurriedly walked back to the shoot location.

****

"He turned off his cellphone." Yoongi exhaled.

He had been calling for Jimin for like, 10 times, and it only reached his voicemail. Some of the staffs were going out to search for him including Namjoon, Taehyung and Hoseok. Jin, Yoongi and Jungkook stayed in the location with the rest of the staff members. The sun was almost set.

"Where could Jimin go?" Jin looked at Jungkook but the latter just shook his head.

"It's not like him to turn off his cellphone." Yoongi sat on the seat beside Jungkook and Jin. He massaged the bridge of nose.

"If something happened at his house he'd inform us." Jin trailed of.

"Jungkook-ah, you really don't have a clue?" Yoongi asked Jungkook again.

"Hyung, I already told you. Jimin hyung only said that he went out when his mom called him. He said the coverage wasn't good inside the store." Jungkook, exhaled. Frustrated.

The three of them felt silent.

"What is this feeling?" Yoongi mumbled.

"Me too, Yoongi-ah. Something felt wrong." Jin replied.

Jungkook suddenly grabbed his cellphone and call someone. Jin and Yoongi were staring at him. The maknae put the call on speaker. He was calling Taehyung.

"Jungkook-ah, is Jimin back?" Taehyung asked when he picked up the call.

"No luck on their side, either." Jin said. Sighed.

"The staff said if it's already night time but we couldn't find him we should get back and tell the police." Hoseok said.

"Hyung, can you go the convenient store?" Jungkook suddenly asked.

"Huh? We were just from there." Taehyung replied.

"Hyung, go back to the convenient store, please. I wanna make sure of something. Oh and don't hung up the phone." Jungkook practically begged to his hyung on the other side of the call.

"Okay then. Let's go Taehyung-ah." Hoseok said.

The three of them could hear little footsteps on the on the other side of the call. Seemed like Hoseok and Taehyung jogged to get there. But both of them stopped when another cellphone rang. Hoseok's cellphone.

"Namjoon-ah? Did you find Jimin?" Hoseok asked immediately.

"WHAT?!" Hoseok shouted, Taehyung made a surprised yelp.

"Hobi-ah, put it on speaker!" Yoongi suddenly raised from his seat. He had been having real bad feeling and it gave him headache.

And Hoseok did.

"Guys, come to the convenient store! You should see this! Hurry!" Namjoon said.

As soon as Namjoon said it and he ended the call, one of the staff also got a phone call and there were commotion from them. They hurriedly packed the photoshoot equipment and properties. Jimin's stylist approached them. She was running out of breath when she said.

"You should hurry up and go to the convenient store to see the CCTV footage! Namjoon-ah and the managers are waiting!"

"What's wrong noona?" Jin asked. He was not sure but he began to had a bad feeling.

"Jimin is kidnapped!" she shouted. "Now hurry up and go!"

Jin, Yoongi and Jungkook stared at each other. Their faces were pale.

****

Jimin opened his eyes slowly. A sharp pain suddenly attacked his head. He closed his eyes again. The hard and cold floor made him winced. He tried to move his hand but he couldn't. He tried to move his legs but was suddenly strained. Jimin's eyes were shot open, immediately regretted it as the sharp pain came back and he had to close his eyes again.

Jimin took his time to slowly open his eyes this time. Thankfully it was dim so his eyes weren't hurt so bad. He tried to shake his hand but he couldn't move his hands from his back at all. He was handcuffed, he could feel the handcuffed was made of thick steel, he couldn't shake off his wrist at all. He could move his legs but it was strained. With chains, to the wall. There was a handkerchief on his mouth. He could groaned but couldn't speak properly.

Jimin eyes were scanning around him. He was in a room. It had a bed, queen sized from the size of it. A big cupboard beside the bed, a computer with three screens along with big gaming chair, a TV, and a door. No windows. No clocks. The light dim came from the standing lamp at the corner.

He tried to recall his memory. He was in the convenient store with Jungkook and manager hyung. Suddenly he got a call from his mom, when he went outside to get good coverage someone hit his head with something. Also, injected something to him.

Jimin tried to scream, he wiggled around. No use. He only hurt his throat and his hands more. He just realized he was thirsty. His head was still aching, feeling disoriented.

The door opened, revealing a figure coming from a bright room on the other side of this one. The light was suddenly and Jimin had to close his eyes from the sudden brightness. When he opened his eyes slowly, he saw a girl in front him. She was around Yoongi or Jin's age. Jimin tried to scream, but he could only hear a muffled hoarse scream came from him.

The girl in front of him bring a bottle of water. Her face was stoic, devoid of emotion. But when he saw Jimin, she smiled. Jimin suddenly stopped, felt a shiver running down on his spine when she smiled. She approached him, kneeling beside the poor idol. She whispered something to his ear.

"Found you, Jimin-ah~" she whispered.

Jimin's blood was draining from his face. That voice. He recognized that voice. He tried to get away from her but he couldn't do much with his hands and legs were strained. He wanted to scream, to yell at her. To angry. But she just looked at him. Smiling. She even dared to touch his cheek. Her hand was cold.

"Jimin-ah. You're mine." She said sweetly, kissing his cheek.

Jimin was confused whether he should be scared or angry. But he secretly prayed. He prayed for his team mates or the manager hyung. Someone. Anyone at all. He prayed that they would find him here.

****

"I already arrived at the airport, Eungi unnie." You said. Smiling to yourself as you pulled your suitcase behind you.

"Good! I'm sorry I can't pick you up, I still have to finish my reports. Will you be okay?" the female voice on the other side of the call sounded like she was worried.

"I still remember the address, you know?" you giggled.

"Aish, I'm worried about you, you know? It's been a while since you came back from Europe anyway." You could hear Eungi--your big sister grumbled.

"I can take care of myself, don't worry." You smiled as you stopped a taxi.

"Okay then, see you at home, Y/N. I'm on my way home as well."

The phone call ended.

You were listening to the radio along your ride in the taxi. The song was so familiar but you couldn't remember who sang it. You remembered your friends back in London were hyped about this particular Korean boyband.

"Excuse me, but, do you know the name of the boyband?" you asked the taxi driver. He was young, he probably knew kpop wave.

"Oh, it's BTS. They're really popular these days." He answered.

****

The BTS members along with the their managers, some staffs, the store employee and the store manager were in the police's office. The CCTV footage was played, over and over in front of the BTS' eyes. It showed the same thing. Jimin walked out from the store, talking with his mom on the phone. But he suddenly looked at his cellphone and he turned to see something and the CCTV was abruptly cut there. It showed half a minute later, like he was never there at all.

"How can this be?" Hoseok trailed off.

"How did the footage could abruptly cut like that?" Yoongi asked.

"The only one who could do this was someone work here." One of the policeman glared at the girl who worked there.

"B-but I work alone today! My friend who was supposed to work today with me went to visit his parents at Gwangju. You can check the backdoor's CCTV and the cashier CCTV. I was at the cashier all the time." She explained.

"No, she really was at the cashier all the time, Sir." Jungkook stepped in.

"The aisles aren't that tall and I remembered I saw her at the cashier when Jimin hyung walked out from the store." He added, much to the poor girl's surprised.

"Let's just check the footage." The police said.

The footage was played again inside the store this time. It showed the employee girl standing there, drinking on her coffee when Jimin came out of the store. She didn't move at all. The footage wasn't altered either as the time when the footage outside was abruptly cut, it stayed the same inside the store. The same for the backdoor of the store. Nothing happened.

"We already saw the footage inside the store, Sir. She's clear." Namjoon added.

The rest of the members walked out from the police station. The managers stayed behind to give more of the testimonies and Jimin's physical trait so the police could search for him. The mass media were gathered around the police's office. They chased the members who were hurriedly walked into their van guided by some policemen. They tried their best not to respond to any of the reporters' question, for now, maybe.

Jungkook clenched his fist in the van. He blamed himself. If only he followed Jimin outside, Jimin would still be here. They could finish their photoshoot, back to their dorm together and prepared for their comeback which would be a month from now. Jungkook bit his lower lip.

"Jungkook-ah." Jin who was sitting beside Jungkook's suddenly placed his hand around the youngest shoulder.

"It's not your fault." Taehyung nodded in agreement.

"But, hyung, if only I went outside with Jimin hyung, he wouldn't get kidnap. He would still be here. He was kidnapped because he was alone and there was no one around." Jungkook said bitterly.

"Stop it, Jungkook-ah." Yoongi sighed.

"We couldn't stop it from happening. What if the kidnapper wasn't alone? What if they got you too?" Namjoon massaged his temple, frustrated.

Jungkook felt silent.

"I hope Jimin's okay." Hoseok muttered, but loud enough for the other members to heard him.

"He should be. We won't make a comeback without him. It won't be BTS without him. He's part of us." Namjoon said.

"And our brother." Yoongi added. The others nodded in agreement.

"Jimin-ah. Please come back home safely." Yoongi mumbled.