CHAPTER 7: A Funfair

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a sunny Friday morning and Shin Hye was fidgeting at the back seat of the car. They were on their way to Sung Jae’s school for the school event. Min Ho was mindlessly driving the car with Sung Jae at the backseat right beside her.

Shin Hye was feeling uncomfortable. Don’t get her wrong. She was excited with Sung Jae’s school event. She was looking forward in seeing him perform as he has become close to her already. They have formed a bond with each other and the little boy has become an important part of his life. Each day Shin Hye has been wondering how is she going to cope up once she parts from him.

She is also excited with her campus event. She has worked for the university for a couple of years already but having been promoted she had quite a handful of responsibilities involved with the preparation of the campus activity. She is looking forward on the turn of events hoping that it becomes successful.

But on the other hand, Shin Hye is cautious as Min Ho and Sung Jae would be there. She had not told anyone about them and she is wondering how is she going to explain the situation if anyone asks.

Well, she would have to cross the bridge when she gets there. For now, she just wants to be present for Sung Jae and hope that this day becomes memorable for him.

The car stopped at the parking lot of Sung Jae’s school. A lot of parents and students where continuously arriving and being ushered to the theatre hall. They looked for Sung Jae’s homeroom teacher so that they can directed to their seat.

“Kim seonsaengnim!” Sung Jae called excitedly.

He ran to where the teacher was standing while both Min Ho and Shin Hye followed.

“Sung Jae-ah, why are you running?” the teacher asked.

“I am here with my omma and appa.” He answered happily.

“Chincha? That’s great!” the teacher said.

Min Ho and Shin Hye quickly bowed to the teacher introducing themselves.

“Sung Jae-ah, you have very lovely parents. You omma is very pretty.” The teacher complimented.

Shin Hye blushed and did not know whether to deny that she is Sung Jae’s mother or just play along. She looked at Sung Jae and saw that he is very happy and just decided to go along.

“Kamsamhamnida Kim seonsaengnim.” She said.

Min Ho was quietly looking at Shin Hye’s reaction and saw her cheeks went red. She is indeed pretty and was happy that she confirmed her place as Sung Jae’s mother.

“Let me assist you on where you should be sitting. I will take care of Sung Jae in the back stage so that he can prepare for his presentation. Let’s go.” The teacher ask them to walk ahead.

So that the teacher won’t suspect otherwise, Min Ho took hold of Shin Hye’s hands while they walk to their seat. He knew Shin Hye was surprised by her reaction, but she did not remove her hands from his strong hold. Min Ho felt that Shin Hye’s hand where cold. Was she nervous right now? He did not know. But what he knows is that having her hands on his was a comfortable feeling. He felt at ease holding her hand and would like to hold it longer.

Shin Hye on the other hand was shocked when Min Ho held her hands. Her heart beat faster and she did not know why. It has been a long time since someone held her hands aside from Jun-Hyung. She was still in college when she had her last boyfriend. Since then she had focus all her attention to study.

Now thinking about it Min Ho’s hands felt warm on her. She felt secure and at ease. Her hands stop trembling and she was starting to enjoy the show. They sat near the front so that they can see Sung Jae’s performance clearly.

The performance ended with a triumph. Both Min Ho and Shin Hye took pictures of Sung Jae while he was performing. As the three where about to go out of the theatre, they were met by Teacher Kim at the door thanking them for attending the performance.

“Anything for Sung Jae. We really enjoyed today’s performances.” Min Ho said. He was happy that they were able to attend the event as a complete family.

“Your family really looked so good. Can we take a picture of you to commemorate today?” The teacher asked.

Both Min Ho and Shin Hye looked at each other and looked away awkwardly. The teacher was patiently waiting for their answer.

“Deh. Let us take a picture then.” Shin Hye answered to Min Ho’s surprise. He was thinking that she would definitely say no to the request but was pleasantly surprise with her answer.

Min Ho stood beside Shin Hye with Sung Jae right infront of them. He placed his arms around Shin Hye shoulder and moved her closer to him. Shin Hye smiled nervously.

“Smile naturally. You look stiff.” Min Ho whispered to her ears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter