JeongMi/Chaeng

Et Cetera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoo Jeongyeon hops out the taxi, and stares at the lake house.

The house looks the same every reunion. She wasn’t planning on coming this year.

She’s probably the last of their friends to arrive, since the suns almost setting.

 

Jeongyeon her lips and kicks the ground, shoveling some rocks amongst her feet. She hasn’t been to the lake house in years and there’s no turning back now. The guilt used to eat her up. Even to this day, she still thinks about the situation, blaming herself. Yoo Jeongyeon sighs, she’ll be stuck at the lake house for a week.

 

Rolling her suitcase up the old driveway, Jeongyeon peeks in the screen door, but she doesn’t see anyone. Inviting herself in, she walks up the stairs to the room she used to sleep in. And as expected, it’s the same. Same bed, blankets, pillows, and table. Everything’s the same as before when she used to frequent the lake house.

 

Jeongyeon sets her luggage to the side and sits on the bed. She doesn’t know whose here, but she can hear distant chattering and laughing. The innocent girl stands and peers out the window to see some people standing near the lake. She squints to get a better look, but she’s unsure whose voice it is.

 

Jeongyeon opens the closet and steps in. Closing the closet, she immediately see’s the carving, their letters and initials. And it makes Jeongyeon smile as she recollects the memory like it was yesterday.

It’s where they shared their last kiss.

Jeongyeon steps out of the closet and bites her lip.

The lake house brings back happy and sad memories. The happy memories she doesn’t ever want to forget, and the sad ones that she never let go of.

 

She sits back down and looks at her phone, trying to make a call, but there’s no reception.

“Great,” Jeongyeon angrily says changing her mind about coming in the first place.

 

 

Unable to cope with the loss of her best friends, Jeongyeon did the only thing she knew how to do and that was run. Running away due to the pain, even if it meant leaving behind the one thing that did keep her together. The other person who kept her together.

 

“I think the water got deeper than before?” Momo asks as she twists the water out of her hair.

“It happens every year, the tides are different,” Mina says as she pats her head with a towel.

“Thank goodness, Mina can swim,” Chaeyoung bluntly says. 

Reaching her hand out, she grasps onto Mina, pulling her in and kissing her.

 

“What’s for dinner?” Dahyun asks as she takes her shades off.

Momo chuckles, she’s hungry.

“I have the food prepared, just have to heat it up,” Mina thoughtfully answers.

 

The group of friends walk back to the lake house. Mina turns around and looks at the sunset one more time. Looking at the lake one more time. There’s not a day that goes by she doesn’t think of Jihyo.

 

Jeongyeon walks down the stairs waving her phone trying to get reception. She remembered there being a phone in the house, but it’s not in the same spot as before.

She scans the living room for a phone, but no luck. Jeongyeon ventures going from room to room until she finally finds a phone in the kitchen. Holding the phone, she looks at the ingredients laid out. Jeongyeon smiles, she knows Mina’s cooking her favorite recipe.

 

And within seconds the back screen door clacks and the friends enter. Jeongyeon turns around to see the group o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter