Chapter 2

The Lost Force

Aeris walked towards the so called room 1458. She felt some kind of anxiety in her way there, she had just met her new friends and yet she had to leave to go to a different class in which she did not know anyone there. After 3 times waking towards the end of the hall where the classroom is supposed to be, she is still not able to find it. She sighs, tired of walking and looks around once again, looking for the classroom. She reads 1455, 1456, 1257, 1259. How is that possible?! There is no 1458 room at all! At distance, she hears some walking, whoever that was, whatever classroom that person is heading to, she needed this person help to find her own classroom. 

 

Once the figure approaches she can now see a form of a tall guy. His walking is fast, large, as if he was late for something. 

 

“E-Excuse me…” Aeris started not sure how to call the man’s attention, with his size he could probably pass over her and not even realize she was standing there. 

 

The man stopped, looking around for the owner of the voice. He looked to be the very clumsy kind of person. When he finally noticed Aeris standing there he smiled brightly at her “Oh! Hello!” he exclaims happily despise all the clumsiness and the fact the boy is probably late.

 

“Uhm…” Aeris drowns into her own thoughts of how mysterious yet bright the person in front of her is. “I’m… looking for the classroom 1458. I am supposed to be studying there for the last periods although my first classes were somewhere else.”

 

The boy stood still hearing to Aeris typical long awkward speech and chuckled. “That’s my classroom as well is right over here.” He smiles pointing to the door just by their sides. Aeris frowned, looking at the door, she was looking for it like crazy and it was just there. “H-How… I swear I walked this whole hall 3 times just now and I couldn’t find it!” she exclaims still not believing.

 

“This classroom is peculiar I must say, when I arrived for the first classes today I couldn’t find at first either.” The boy comments and laughs again “Well, welcome to the lost children club!” 

 

Aeris thanked the boy and walked along with him into the class. She looked around for a empty desk for her and decided to take the same desk she had chosen in the other classroom. Second roll, right next to the window. She noticed a bag laying on the desk behind and wondered where the owner is. 

 

She didn’t occupy herself much with that though, Aeris place her bag on the table and started taking out all her pens and books to start getting ready for the lesson. A tall boy passes by her desk again, not as tall as the one she had met a few moments ago and he was way more skinny but certainly more mysterious. Aeris was amazed by the perfect structure of this boy’s face, it was sharpened, not like the perfect jaw Jongdae has, but made Aeris almost drool. 

 

At the moment she wasn't able to even pay attention to the other students entering the class after him, she kept her eyes hooded on the boy until she hears the noise of her pen falling on the floor. Aeris quickly snapped out of her daydream and bended over to grab the pen when someone grabs it first and places over her table.

 

Aeris quickly sat up correctly again about to thank the person, but instead she got frozen after seeing a boy smiling politely at her and then moving away from her desk. Without thinking much Areis quickly turned around to try to thank the person again but then noticed the boy sitting closer to her as she aspected. 

 

The was the owner of the bag on the desk behind her.

 

Aeris tried to hide her surprise and pretended to be looking for someone else in the classroom. And sometimes, Aeris is thankful for her lucky and twist of fate in her life.

 

“Hi girl!! Oh my gosh how long since the last time we met!” A yet unknown girl to Aeris exclaims to her, making her look at the girl just beside her on the opposite side from the boy.

 

“I saw your face just now, you were looking for me right? I’m right here dummy!” The girl laughs cutely and sits in front of Aeris.

 

“I-” Aeris shook her head slightly confused and the girl gestured her to come closer.

 

“The name is Melody, I’m here to save you from that awkward situation” Melody, who watched the whole scene whispered to Aeris happily. Aeries whispers a ‘Thank you’ back at her and smiled relieved.

 

“I was looking for you Melody!! Where were you?” Aeris plays along.

 

“I was just in the bathroom, I should be the one asking, where were you in the first classes?” Melody asks as an act but she was curious herself. She hasn't seen Aeris before.

 

“Oh…” Aeris trails off and takes this opportunity to introduce herself. “I saw that there was two classrooms next to ‘Aeris’ on the list, so I concluded that I’d have to change classes every day. It’s actually weird that they put that next to my name, I haven't seen anyone else changing classrooms, only me.” Aeris tilts his head.

 

“Oh? I haven't either, maybe you are special!” Melody laughs.

 

Special… Aeris? She didn't believe that, she was just one girl living her normal life.