` 06.

Loved Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRESENT DAY

 

"Come on guys, you need to be closer!" Eunbi exhaled, her hands clasping together from slight frustration. "When you're dancing with a partner, you need to feel the intimacy between you two. If you feel nothing, then you're doing it wrong."

 

The dancers were beyond exhausted. They've been practicing since 8 in the morning and it was currently 2 AM. Even Yewon felt tired, her body limp as she leaned back against the wall in the corner. Eunbi glanced at her, feeling a bit guilty for overworking her and everyone else, but they only gave her so much time to perfect the choreography. She clapped her hands together loudly to get everyone back onto their feet, including Yewon as she lazily walked to the center of the room.

 

"Let's run through it again." Eunbi started the music and stood in front of everyone, her eyes scanning intently, nitpicking at every mistake possibly made. Her eyes landed on Yewon's partner and the way his hands grasped her lower back to support her body as she was spun around in the end. She'd lie if she told herself she didn't feel jealous, but that's what she was - a jealous mess. Eunbi still wasn't satisfied and she had to stop the music, a small sigh escaping her lips while one of the higher choreographers came in to check on her.

 

"Minzy," Eunbi exclaimed, both of them grabbing each other's hands before pulling their bodies in for a one armed hug. "I'm surprised you're here."

 

"Wanted to check how you guys were doing," Minzy chuckled, her hand ruffling Eunbi's hair. "Seems like you're a bit frustrated."

 

"I just don't see the passion," Eunbi frowned deeply.

 

"Alright. How about you guys give me a demonstration? Yewon, can you please be Eunbi's partner? I think it's better that way so you guys know how she wants it."

 

Yewon was shocked at Minzy's request, but she couldn't say no. Minzy was a choreographer and a dancer that was highly admired. You'd be considered a fool if you ignored her requests or disobeyed. She nodded shyly, striding towards where Eunbi was. Eunbi was also nervous. She was going to touch and hold Yewon for a good amount of time. 

 

"Start," Minzy exclaimed, her finger pressing the play button.

 

Eunbi suddenly grabbed Yewon's waist as she felt the beat of the music. Yewon gasped, but followed along anyway. The other students watched, impressed at how Eunbi can move so gracefully with Yewon. They looked like two people slowly turning into one, and that's what Eunbi wanted this whole time. The students now understood at a better perspective since when Eunbi taught them earlier, she taught them dancing alone and without a partner. Minzy, on the other hand, began clapping since she was also impressed.

 

"Wow!" Minzy exclaimed. "I think you should take my advice of allowing Eunbi to be your permanent partner, Yewon. You two work really well together."

 

 

 

SEOUL ARTS INSTITUTE

4 YEARS AGO

OCTOBER 23

 

Yewon was happy today. Her and Eunbi's schedules have been clashing too much for them to actually be able to hangout, but they agreed on today to watch a movie together in Yewon's room. She prepared their favorite snacks - popcorn that was drizzled in chocolate and shaken up in a paper bag, strawberry lemonade, and Chinese takeout from the restaurant on their campus. Being busy with midterms has made Yewon stressed, but she knew tonight would the perfect solution to her problems. Spending time with Eunbi was her favorite thing to do after all.

 

"Perfect," she mumbled to herself as she fixed the snacks on her table in front of her bed. She couldn't stop grinning. She could finally see her best friend after weeks of not being able to communicate face to face.

 

She perked up when she heard her phone ringing loudly, and just from the ringtone, she knew it was Eunbi. She ran across her room, grabbed her phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter