` 16.

Loved Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

\The drive down the road was nervewracking for Eunbi. She couldn't understand how Yewon could drive so fast in a span of three minutes. If anything, she should've been able to catch up to Yewon’s car in a matter of minutes, but no. Yewon’s vehicle was nowhere to be seen in front of her or even behind. Was it possible that Yewon was so emotional to the point it affected her speed in driving? Eunbi prayed to god that even if it did, the younger one was safe. 

 

 

 

She slowed down once she reached downtown. Her hands on the steering wheel tightened as her eyes focused even more at the parked cars beside the sidewalk. If Yewon was anywhere, she’d have to be somewhere where no one expected her to be. And there it was - Yewon’s white Tesla, perfectly parallel parked beside a bar. 

 

 

Eunbi hopped out of her car and paid the parking meter just to make sure she wouldn’t get towed. Walking closer to the parking meter beside Yewon’s car, she made sure there was enough money for the next few hours. An expensive car would also result in an expensive fee if it was ever towed. 

 

 

The dancer flashed her ID before the bouncer. He grasped the metal handle of the massive door and opened it for her, revealing the dim and soft red hue the bar spirited. At first, Eunbi was surprised at the thought of Yewon being in a bar, but now she understood. The bar was more of a lounge than anything. There was a live piano performance, but not too loud to the point where it captivated people’s attention. 

 

 

A luxurious bar was set in the right corner of the building. It had the most expensive alcoholic beverages you can find, from Suntory Hibiki all the way to Armand de Brignac Midas. Not only was the bar a sight, but the furniture and decoration gleamed amidst the massive chandelier in the center of the ceiling. Eunbi marveled at the light, losing count of the amount of diamonds it had plastered and a few strands hanging in the center. Now she was doubting if this was even a bar. 

 

 

She stepped down lower to try and find Yewon. Her eyes darted along the setting hurriedly. She’s wasted too much time and all she wanted to do was get Yewon home, because if she was here and drinking, then that meant she couldn’t drive on her own. 

 

 

After some time of walking around aimlessly, she finally found the latter curled up in a dark corner alone in a table meant for two. Yewon’s table was filled with at least three glasses of margaritas and two shots of tequila. There was no way she wasn’t drunk, and Eunbi had to mentally prepare herself to face her again. She had to approach slowly, or else Yewon could run off. 

 

 

Gradually, Eunbi stepped closer, taking her time in hopes that Yewon would see her coming so she didn’t scare when she was close enough, and thankfully, she did. But of course, Yewon frowned at the sight of Eunbi getting closer and closer. 

 

 

“What are you doing here,” she slurred calmly, her hands finding their way towards the empty glasses to check if there was anymore liquid left in any of them. “Didn’t I tell you to leave me alone?”

 

 

“Yeah you did,” Eunbi shrugged as she joined the singer, sitting down across from her while she watched her with a saddened expression. She never she knew started drinking, and now again she was wondering, was it all because of her? Did Yewon turn to drinking because of the pain that was inflicted on her? If she really was the reason, then, she would never forgive herself. Building a habit of drinking just to temporarily replace the pain you’ve experienced is how addiction usually starts. 

 

 

Yewon rolled her eyes at Eunbi’s answer and flopped the side of her head against her palm as she warily eyed the other. “Then why are you here if I told you to leave me alone?”

 

 

Eunbi propped herself up against her seat and simply stared at her ex-best friend. Her heart began hurting again at just the mere thought of Yewon drowning herself in alcohol to ease whatever pain she was going through. “I never said I was going to listen.”

 

 

“Of course,” the singer murmured, throwing her hand up to signal the waiter that she’d like another drink. “It’s not like you ever listened to me in the past anyway.”

 

 

Eunbi parted her lips to speak and defend herself, but she remained silent. Yewon was clearly drunk; she was probably just saying things out of pocket for the sake of being mean. Maybe this was her way of coping with the fact that Eunbi was here and she wouldn’t leave her be. 

 

 

The waiter brought the glass of martini to Yewon who drank it without a problem. The burning sensation of the alcohol was nothing to her. She numbed herself and she felt like she needed more, but Eunbi couldn’t let her. 

 

 

Eunbi whispered towards the waiter to stop giving her drinks. As much as the waiter wanted to refuse, he knew she was right. If Yewon continued, alcohol poisoning would soon meet her at the end of the tunnel. 

 

 

“So,” Yewon started again. “You know what I’ve been up to ever since the last saw each other. I think it’s fair for me to ask you what happened to you.”

 

 

“Fair enough,” Eunbi shrugged, tapping her fingers against the marbled table that stood between them. Her gaze followed Yewon’s intently, as if she was trying to read her mind or guess what she was going to ask. “What are you curious about? I’ll answer honestly.”

 

 

Yewon grabbed her empty glass and tilted it back on her lips, seeping up any drop of alcohol she could desperate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter