` 14.

Loved Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRESENT DAY (a/n: this chapter and the rest will all be set in the present)

 

 

 

Eunbi’s eyes were glued on Yewon’s face. The singer was too busy talking to others around the table to actually notice her, so this was her chance to look at her old best friend without feeling embarrassed. 

 

 

She had so many things she wanted to ask her. Like, why did Yewon like her? Why didn’t Yewon confess? Hell, why didn’t she confess? Her head was spinning from all of the “what ifs” and “buts.”

 

 

Finally, Eunha - who sat across the table from her - noticed her stares. She was annoyed at the fact that Eunbi had the audacity to stare at her best friend. Her fingers snapped in front of the choreographer’s face while frowning. 

 

 

“Stop staring at her and actually eat. She’s not food. You’re lucky she even invited you out today,” Eunha murmured, shoving extra barbecued meat onto Eunbi’s plate. “Eat.”

 

 

“I’ve eaten a lot and I’m full,” the other sighed. “But thank you for the offer.”

 

 

Eunha leaned back against the chair and folded her arms across her chest while her eyes scanned along the dancer intently. As much as she wanted to continue being angry at her, she just couldn’t. She knew what she did in the past was wrong, but she seemed like she had good intentions. 

 

 

“Just..” Eunha sighed while squeezing her eyes shut, mumbling so only the other could hear. “Stay away from her, okay? She doesn’t need you ruining her life again.”

 

 

Eunbi clenched her jaw. Every time Eunha opened , it pained her heart. Everyone around her acted like she’d hurt Yewon again when in reality, it was far from the truth. 

 

 

“With all do respect, Eunha, but you have no right to tell me what to do.” Eunbi clenched her jaw even tighter and Yewon finally whipped her head back when she heard the two bickering. 

 

 

“Yewon,” Eunha scoffed. “You seriously had to invite her? She’s just ruining the vibe.”

 

 

“No one asked you to talk to me,” Eunbi snapped back. “I was sitting here peacefully while trying to digest what I ate properly.”

 

 

“Yeah!” Eunha laughed while clapping her hands. “While practically eye-ing my best friend? You have got to be kidding me. Just go home, Eunbi. Your job here is done.”

 

 

“I’m not going anywhere,” the dancer stared at the other singer in disbelief. “I came here for Yewon, not for you.”

 

 

“Where was this energy three years ago?” Eunha grinned smugly. She knew she was getting on Eunbi’s nerves and all she wanted to do was break the choreographer there. 

 

 

“Stop!” Yewon finally rose her voice. Her eyes were red from tearing up while listening to both of them argue back and forth. “Can you please stop bringing my past up, Eunha?! It’s the only thing you know how to do!”

 

 

“I..” Eunha gasped. “Yewon.”

 

 

“All I wanted was have a peaceful celebratory dinner, but you two had to ruin it.” She quickly wiped her eyes and slammed the payment onto the table before gathering her things. “Fight all you want. I’ll even hand you the knives, but I’m leaving.”

 

 

Eunbi was in shock. She’d never seen Yewon explode in front of Eunha like that. Usually, she was quite calm when it came to conflict. 

 

 

After gathering her thoughts, her legs finally stood her up and chased after the singer outside. Ahead, she could see her speed walking along the sidewalk. 

 

 

“Yewon!” Eunbi called out as she ran after Yewon. “Let me talk to you!”

 

 

The sound of Eunbi’s voice made Yewon’s eyes burn even more. Memories of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter