Ch. 1

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want you."

 

 

He comes right up to my face. Mesmerizing me with eyes as clear as glass, he steals my thoughts with unexpected words.

 

 


"Teach me love."

 

 


"Pardon me?"

 

 


How... did I end up like this? It all began two days ago...

 

 


"*Sigh* I'm beat. I was never informed on having to go through such a strict security check..."

 

 


I'm hoping to become a full-fledged certified clinical psychologist. The other day, my advisor Prof. Cho Kyuhyun, asked me to do some outside counseling. And it's here, at B.A.P Lab., a robotics research facility.

 

 


"Thank you for waiting."

 

 


"Oh, hello!"

 

 


"Thank you for taking time today to come to see us."

 

 


"Hello."

 

 


(Wow, they both seem like models.)

 

 


"I appreciate your time. I'm currently majoring in psychology at NOIR University. I'm Jung Daehyun."

 

 


"I'm Park Jinyoung, a researcher here. Ms. Jung, I'm leading the development team that you're to evaluate today. He's Kim Taehyung. He's also on the team."

 

 


"Hello, I'm Taehyung."

 

 


"Hi, pleased to--hm!?"

 

 


I stop breathlessly and can't speak, as the man called 'Taehyung' suddenly comes too close to me, smiling with looks that are beyond perfection.

 

 


(H-He... He's too close to me!)

 

 


"I...I'm pleased to meet you."

 

 


"Just be yourself. Then everything will go smoothly."

 

 


I then break into a smile, tilting my head a little to the side in response to Taehyung's greeting.

 

 


(That's weird... why would he suddenly say something like that to me?)

 

 


I glare straight, right at him without thinking. But all Taehyung does, is keeping his astonishingly beautiful smile.

 

 


"This, is Matrix Lab's research room, exclusive only for use by the members of the Matrix Lab team."

 

 


"'Matrix Lab?'"

 

 


"Matrix Lab is the cover name for our team."

 

 


"I see."

 

 


In spacious room lies several workstations with desktop PCs, electronic terminals I've never seen before, connected to them and other different kinds of machinery are everywhere.

 

 


(I was expecting to see more of biological specimens in my definition of a 'research lab', but this looks more like a studio set of a sci-fi TV drama.)

 

 


While I think about this, Jinyoung comes to a stop and looks towards the back-end of the workstation area.

 

 


"Youngjae, counseling time."

 

 


There is a man with a tablet PC on his knees, frowning at the screen. I don't know why but he's sitting on the desk, cross-legged.

 

 


"Not now."

 

 


"You'd say the same thing later, right? Then might as well get it over with now." 

 

 


"It'll only take a few minutes, if you don't mind sparing some?" 

 

 


(He's totally ignoring me!) 

 

 


And then...

 

 


"Yoo Youngjae."

 

 

"Sorry?"

 

 


"Height, 5 feet 8 inches...conversion? 178 centimeters. Only had 4 hours of sleep yesterday. Satisfied?"

 

 


"Yes?"

 

 


"My evaluations are over."

 

 


"Oh, please wait! I haven't..!"

 

 


"Oh, Taehyung. Do stay. We'll continue with yesterday's maintenance."

 

 


"I understand, Youngjae."

 

 


"'kay guys, now scram!"

 

 


I leave the lab... or should I say, I was chased out.

 

 


"My apologies, Youngjae is the type who'd say only one thing, and never go back on his word. Can we perhaps proceed with counseling the other members first?"

 

 

"Okay, I understand."

 

 


Continuing on our way to another floor, I leave Youngjae behind. We finally arrive at the infirmary.

 

 


"I've been waiting. This pretty lady is our doctor?"

 

 


(Pretty? Me!?)

 

 


The man who opens the door and shows up, is like the culmination of a girl's dream and smiles like a prince.

 

 


"Hah! I like your reaction. No affectation. There's nothing contrived. Still, you should realize that you're very attractive, Ms. Jung Daehyun."

 

 


"Excuse me but, how did you know my name!?"

 

 


"That's class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter