Chapter 3

Into Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are failing mathematics Lucas. Badly.”

Lucas has and always will be failing in mathematics. So, it didn’t exactly came out as a surprise to him when Mr Park told him to stay back and delivered his reports. He might be blessed with good looks, a beautiful body equipped with sports skills, and even a y, mellow voice but he was a bit lacking in the brain capabilities department. Hey, a guy just can't possibly have it all.

“You are going to need some extra lessons if you want to get through this semester, Lucas.”

“But Mr Park, I’m busy enough with basketball practices and projects. There’s no way I would have time to come back for extra lessons with you,” Lucas explained, trying his best to get out from extra lessons.

“Oh, but it wouldn’t be with me. I was thinking to have one of your peers to tutor you if they want to, of course. I was thinking about asking Jungwoo. You could take it as a chance to get to know the new guy too, help make him more comfortable at school, ya know?”

Wait a minute.

“Jungwoo? Count me in,” Lucas replied, face determined. He didn’t even bother arguing back.

“But I thought you were busy with-“

“Anything for maths, right Mr Park? Anything for maths.”

 

//

 

“Jungwoo-ya, Mr Park has asked me to get tutored by you for mathematics. If you want to, that is.” Lucas and Jungwoo were back at the dog shed during lunch. Playing and feeding the dog had been part of their routine for about a week now. Lucas absolutely loves the time they spent at the shed. It felt almost as if that place was theirs, where no one else can disturb their moment. Lucas even finds himself waking up each day looking forward to seeing Jungwoo, instead of seeing himself in the mirror first thing in the morning.

“Sure, Lucas. If you want to, we can even start tonight.” Jungwoo warmly replied, sparing Lucas a smile before going back to entertaining the pug rolling around on his lap. Lucas wished he was the pug. Lucas couldn’t help the beat of excitement thumping in his heart at the thought of spending tonight with his crush. Seeing Jungwoo interacting with the pups. Lucas realizes that Jungwoo looked like a puppy at times too. With his puppy eyes and chubby cheeks, Lucas decided that he looked like Snoopy. The most adorable Snoopy Lucas had ever seen.

“I would love to see you tonight. For the mathematics, of course,” Lucas panicked as he stumbled on his words.

“My house tonight?” Jungwoo offered and Lucas swore he could feel himself flying over the moon. Lucas could barely nod as he tried desperately to hide his reddening cheeks and tame his palpitating heart. “Fi-fine with me, Jungwoo-ah.”

“Remind me to text you my address later, Lucas.”

“But how can you text me if you don’t have my number?”

“Oh, that’s right. Can I have your number, please?” Jungwoo gave a shy laugh as he extended his phone towards the other. Lucas wanted to shout at the other and tell him that he didn’t even need to ask him for his number. Lucas was about ready to willingly give his soul away to the other, let alone his mere number. He took Jungwoo’s phone with sweaty hands and punched in his digits before passing it back to the smaller guy. Jungwoo burst out in laughter as he sees the number saved as ‘My One and Only’, coupled with heart emojis at the back.

“Why did you save it as ‘My One and Only’?” Jungwoo asked, innocence clouding his eye as he asked with genuine curiosity.

Lucas gave him a cryptic smile before throwing him a wink.

 

 

“Because that is what I aim to be, Jungwoo-ya.”

 

//

 

Reading was Kim Doyoung’s idea of spending his free time. In fact, he could even call it his hobby. Sure, he got called a nerd once or twice before, but that doesn’t stop him from cracking open a new book filled with words and plots he has yet to lay his eyes upon. Which is exactly why Kim Doyoung was sitting down in the school library during the remainder of his lunchtime with a book regarding the complete history of basketball. He might have chosen the title due to a certain someone with dimple smiles and sunny glow, but Doyoung would rather say it was just because of his sudden interest in the sport, not because of a person whatsoever. Which is exactly why Doyoung would call it a coincidence when a familiar sweet, musky smell infiltrated his nostrils.

“Ya Doyoung-ah, there you are. I’ve been looking for you everywhere,” Jaehyun said, sweat prominent on his forehead due to the sweltering heat outside.

“Wha-what’s up?” Doyoung asked as he tried to play it cool, forcing his eyes to avert away from the beads of sweat rolling down Jaehyun’s Adam’s apple deliciously. It was hard to look away from such a fine man, but Doyoung was proud that he had mastered the art of self-control over the years of eyeing SM College’s Golden guy.

“I need your help. For real this time.”

“What is it, Jaehyun-ah?”

“I need you to help me find a book.”

Why, of course. Why else would he find me? Doyoung bit his lips as he tried to hold back the bitter taste of disappointment that spread through the cavities of his chest.

“Sure, what book are you searching for?” Doyoung asked, hoping that Jaehyun didn’t hear the waver in his voice.

“I’m finding for this book for our sociology class. I think it’s called…The Essentials of Sociology?”

“I think I know where to find that book. Follow me, it has to be somewhere in the back aisle.”

After minutes of searching, Doyoung finally found the targeted blue spine of the textbook. The only problem was that it was located on the highest shelf. Don’t get him wrong, Doyoung is definitely not considered short for guys his age, but then again, he’s not considered tall either.

Doyoung was on his tippy-toes, wis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter