Chapter 1

Into Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lights faded as Jungwoo sank deeper. He tried desperately to kick his way up, but everything was weighing him down. As the last pockets of air bubble out of him, he could feel his tensed muscles relaxing. The last thing he remembered was the saltiness of the seawater lingering on his tongue, as he closed his eyes. As his body drifted further down, a pitch blackness started to consume him…

 

 

 

KRINGGGGG

Jungwoo woke up spluttering. Warm tears rolled down his smooth, pale cheeks as he chokes on his coughs. The adrenaline pumping through his body urgently needed to be calmed down as he took in big gulps of air. It has been a while since this nightmare had visited his dreams. He assumed its return was due to his frayed nerves anticipating his transfer to a new college. 

SM College. A college that differs from the rest as they only enrol those with parents that has a minimum of seven digits in their bank account. A college for the utmost prestigious on the top of the social ladder. With the recent rapid rise of Kim Industries in the business, it would only be a matter of time for their only heir to join other young adults that shoulders the same responsibilities as him.

Jungwoo sighed as he sluggishly dragged himself to the bathroom, cursing under his breath as he hesitantly starts off the day. The delicious smell of waffles and fresh cream wafted through his nostrils as he trudged down the marble steps of the mansion he calls home. Mrs Kim lightly pranced through the kitchen as she hummed happily, making breakfast for her small family of 3.

“Good morning ma.” Jungwoo greeted as he placed a kiss on his mother’s left cheek.

“Morning my Jungie.” Mrs Kim laughed as her only son grimaced at the endearing nickname he has been stuck with ever since he came into the world. The only reason he didn’t voiced out his discomfort was that he find it more disturbing to not be called that from his mother.

“Do you need me to send you to school today?” asked Mrs Kim, much to Jungwoo’s horror.

“It’s okay ma. Chauffeur Kang will do just fine.” The last thing Jungwoo would want was to gain attention upon his arrival, which is exactly what Mrs Kim would do if she is ever to be in public. Don’t get him wrong, he loves his mother as much as the next person, maybe even a little more, but his mother is what people would define as…extra. She makes it a point that at least a hundred people would notice her presence every time she steps foot out of the house.  Jungwoo shudders as he remembered the last time his mother sent him to school. Let’s just say it included red carpets and fanfare trumpets blasting everyone’s eardrums.

Jungwoo ate the last remnants of his breakfast before kissing his mother goodbye and climbed into the backseat of the car parked on the lawn. The ride to school was way shorter than Jungwoo would have liked it to be. The butterflies in his tummy felt like punches to his guts as he took hesitant steps towards the massive brass gate of the college. The sky seemed grey for Jungwoo even though the sun was blazing brightly. With a sense of dread, he bade his chauffeur goodbye and walked into the halls of the col

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter