Final

Missing

 

Himchan only an extra character. I will feel honor if your guys read it because this is a story I was dying to share about. The imagination I have turned into a story.. :)


 

Believing or not, It's already has been four days straight my sister twin, Yuhe went missing, Unfortunately, Nothing new was reported about her nor the track of her body either. This completely left us with the biggest question by her abrupt missing. Nope of us knowing where she is going exactly. The last time I saw her when she was so delight talking with my mom and nothing's suspicious was happened.

Weirdly, what is the cause she disappeared all of sudden? I'm confused and a bit sad with it. We are turning twenty-two this July and thinking about we are not going to celebrate together has gotten me to disconsolate. However, I try not to appear as weak as a coward girl, knowing that I'm the older to Yuhe despite she was late fifteen minutes away from me. If I could, I want to give her everything and now she is missing. No, my part of my world is missing. Am I really ready to live without her?

A weary sigh left my mouth and immediately I snap out from my train of the thought. I glance to the side and a bottle of pills is sitting cold on the nightstand near my single bed. My father told me, if I feel unwell, I can take them. I may look stress and unstable but I think I still can bear with it so far. At this state, I'm more worrying about my mother, she has changed so much after figuring out Yuhe had missing and I do awake of her and my father beginning to argue for no reason. It's so often that sometimes I can't stand for it. The circumstances exactly beyond my control and I can't even understand that. When I ask for it, both of them have a tight-lipped, refusing to tell me. I know they are worried about my twin but bickering won't change anything either.

I get up from the bed and grab my crossbody bag that hanging on the wall. How bitter the problem is, I still need to attend the classes. My daily life must go on but differently without my sister. Despite it's hard to swallow but I can't let myself sink into it. I believe, my sister is going to come back again or maybe she'd really leave us forever.

Hopefully, thing will get better soon and everything goes back like before. I silently observe her bed on the other side room before breathing out quietly.

Yuhe-ah, where are you going? I lamentably whisper in my heart.

I stay there for a moment before I take a deep breath as dash out from our sharing bedroom. I don't go downstairs yet instead proceed walking down through the long hall and approaching my parent's master room which larger than others. I open the door and a laying body greeted my sight instantly. My mother has not budging from her bed since Yuhe went missing. The sorrow expression on her face honestly hurts my heart so bad. She looks awful and terrible as hell. Her face is so pale without a single blood. She refuses to eat either and bluntly, it's giving her a huge effect. That's the reason she is the most person I'm worrying about.

I slowly step inside and stroll over the bed. She is spacing out and look straight ahead at the opened window in front of her. The surrounding around her as if frozen despite the time is tickling normal.

"Mom" I call her soft.

No response.

I press my lips into line. The bed tilts a bit once I drop my at the edge beside her legs. She turns her head away, unable to look at me which I don't know why.

Probably, mad because I couldn't take care of my sister or probably she decided to put blame on me entirely. Painfully swallowing, I try to hold back the lamp that starting to form in my throat.

"Yubi is here" I forcibly let out my voice and tell her.

The reaction still remains nothing. I sigh again.

"I know it's hard" I pause, inhaling "but I hope you can stay strong for more longer, Mom" I narrow my eyes over her lethargic face "it's not for me but for Yuhe. let's keep on being positive, okay? I'm pretty sure she's still alive out there and will come back to us again" I try in the possible way to convince her.

She is quiet again.

"Mom.." My tone slightly shaky in a whine.

"Please don't be like this" I search her hand and grip it in my palm. The warm skin greets mine an instant and I squeeze them gently with full of care and concern. "We're going to through it together"

She doesn't push it away but still in a statue state and I see a glint of her tears dropping down shortly after. My heart clutches down distressingly under my chest. It's too painful to watch.

"You may take a rest, Mom" Even I know she had enough of rest in the bed, but her mind might is not. Cautiously, I remove my hand and rose up from the bed,

"I'm going to class now" I inform and turn to leave. As an expectation, she doesn't say anything at all and let me go out from the room with disappointment. A heavy sigh released through my mouth as my feet pushing forward, stepping down the stairs. There's nothing I can do to cheer my mom, unless I bring back my twin.

Seriously, somehow I feel an anger kick up through my body, can't understand with her missing. There's absolutely showing no hints and everyone really out of the idea and I as if being blame on this senseless mess instead. At this point, I'm holding myself for being more positive and biting down everything. Self-control is all I need right now.

I'm heading to the main door and to be greeted by my father. He is in his neat uniform with black and gray striped tie when his tired eyes encounter mine immediately. I shuffle down toward him with a pouty expression.

"Dad, I've told you I can drive by my own" I stick out my bottom lip, unsatisfied.

The lines on his face appears when he gives me that weak smile "No sweetheart, I will take you to the University, okay?"

I quietly snort. since my sister disappeared a few days ago my father firmly against the idea of me driving to the class anymore. The reason he was giving me is quite unnecessary. He is worrying me too much than for my mother and I truly don't get it. I mean, sure there's a part that I still can't get used it with Yuhe's missing but it doesn't mean I'm unable to do such a simple thing like drivng myself everywhere. I'm frustrated.

Things are starting to exhaust me slightly and slowly killing me inside. They can't punish me like this. I'm not the one who caused Yuhe went missing.

"Dad, Can I drive once for today" I clap both of my palms together, trying to buy his sympathy. "Pleaseee.."

He takes a deep breath.

"No darling, I will allow you when we are being confirmed that your twin was found and safe. We were already discussing about this right?" Without waiting for my response, he quickly drags his feet away and walk down toward his car.

I hurriedly snatch my shoes and put it on faster. "But.." I try to protest once I done and approach him.

"It's final" He cuts my intention, my lips apart in disbelief.

He warms up the engine and I shove my body in the passenger seat an instant. My father's car is twice big then mine. It's a business car after all. I turn my head to him as he gets in. "What if she never come back?"

"Let's stop here, Yu.. Yubi" He says instead and those words are coming out so bitter through his voice. I press my lips into line and throwing my gaze over our sharing car with my twin in the garage that sitting untouchable, before disappearing from my sight as my father drives away.

In around thirty minutes, his car stopped straightly in front of the the main building and making me snap from my deep thought. Me and my father didn't even utter anything since that last conversation about Yuhe. I bite down my bottom lip and darely myself to face him.

"I'm going now" in almost whispering.

"I will pick you up this evening" He offers and knowing no is not the best answer for it. I inhale and breathe out. I totally will never win if I object it anyway.

I weakly nod and the door car I push open before I give him a half-hearted farewell as walk in.

The air here is always giving me a new feeling. I feel like I was being woke up back and the joy crept the whole of my body while forgetting what have been happening in these past few days. The burden has lifted away whenever I come here and let me contentedly breathing freely as I wish to. I still in hoping for my sister to be back and make thing to normal again but, speaking honestly, her missing had wobbled my daily life a bit. I can't lie when I even had a thought this is sort of her plan. I mean, even we are a twin, there is a must have one or two little disagreement between us that we are not disclosing about. It's a serious matter if this is turning true, but being wisely, I can't jump into the conclusion yet since there's no solid reason behind it. She was nicest sister to me afterall.

I thought I would get stress all over again but suddenly a familiar figure distracted me away and my feet leads me toward his way. The laughter grows louder the moment I approach a group of friends and nope of them notice my presence yet until I come closer.

"Himchanie!" I give him a surprising back hug by lingering my arms around his neck.

His body jerks in a fast reflection, seriously showing how startled he is. The atmosphere in picnic table turning quiet and all eyes are focusing on my face like I'm a sort of ugly ghost. I give them a friendly smile and himchan tilts his head before his expression changing a bit.

"Hey" He mutters in a husky tone. That sounds so manly and I almost melt into it. His scent greeted my nostrill and the chill is running down my spine the way his inside voice vibrating through his back.

I give him a quick peck on his cheek and his friends whoop in joy at the sight. I grin proudly but then I feel his large hand grabs my hands down from himself. I straighten my body back and pout. His friends start to ignore us and letting us by ourselves instead.

"How are you today?" He turns around on his seat and give me a full attention. I'm towering him by watching him down with a small smile.

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm fine. See, I'm here" I mutter in slightly amused.

He is silent and stares on my face long before giving me his weak smile, nodding "Okay then"

But he looks insecure and worry which written clear on his a little paler skin face. I sigh and turning a bit serious by now "Don't worry much, I'm okay by now. Thing like this still under control, all I need is to remain positive as posible as I can and hoping for the best." I give him a tender caress on his left cheek and trying to bring back his mood.

"Though it's getting harder, I promise I will be strong, for Yuhe, you and my family" I draw a smile on my lips, trying to erase the rotten emotion that keeps coming since my sister gone missing. I'm grateful to all his concern he is showing to me, it makes me believe his love is pure sincere. Truly, nobody here know I have a twin sister because I'm the only one who applied here without her. We took different major, so we didn't go to the same university. There's no such a match things anymore between us.

"Ah my class is going to be started in a few minutes" I snap him up, looking down at my own watch in flurry.

"Do you want me to take you to your class. Mine is two hours more" He offers kindly. I shake my head quickly, refusing "No, I'm fine"

"I'm just going by myself" I smile and lean in to kiss him on the lips but he immediately backward and stop me " Why?" I ask, again pouting.

He diverts me with his little smile and before I had ever thought to sulk, he cups both of his hands on my head and pull me down. A warm lips touch my forehead, despite feeling disappointment within me, I still can't help but happy with it. I feel loved.

I leave him with his friends and go to the restroom for a while to check myself out. I stand straight in front of the mirror and stare on my own reflection in silent before sighing. Honestly, lately my boyfriend seems unhappy when I was around. I have noticed that a few days ago but I try to act cool and putting trust on him.

He won't plan to leave me, right? or he already lost interesting in me?

The worries begin to haunt me a little. Instantly, I lightly slap both of my cheeks to wake me up back. I lean closer to the mirror and touching my face that covered by makeup. I let out my compact and apply for some more on my face before going to class.

....

I paced in exasperation in front of the gate while bitting down my short thumbnail. My father has not arrived yet since 5 pm and I'm confused. Usually, he is the one would wait for me but now, it's otherwise. Furthermore, I have been waiting him for an hour already and I don't know what's happening now.

Himchan saw me from a far and hurriedly approaches me to reach me out. I bet he just finished with his last class.

"Why are you still here?" The first thing he asks. I shake my head, "I don't see my father around since I got out" I tell him, my voice is shaky.

He doesn't say anything for a second, then he nods, "Then, let's go. I'll take you home. Your father probably has something urgent in advance."

"But he could've tell me first.." I murmur quietly and force my feet, following him.

Once we reached my double storey house, I saw two police cars parked there and a bunch of neighbors are filled up in front of my house and whispering buzz like the bees. Bluntly, I don't familiar with most of them.

Me and Himchan exchanged our gaze for a second. The confusion is playing inside our heads and finally he opens his mouth. "Is is about your sister?"

And I try to swallow, which I found my throat begin to feel dry. "I don't know"

Eventually, both of us decided to find out and bravely step out from the car. Himchan squeezes my hand down hard and lead me to pass through the tiny crowd. Seems like some policemans are looking after them. Himchan informed to one of the men in fully dark suit that I'm one of the family before both of us dashing inside the house.

"Mom!" I impatiently release my hand from my boyfriend's grasp and go looking for my mom but all I see is some of foreign faces that I never seen before. My body starts to shake in panic and himchan is out of nowhere by now. I run to the kitchen and a crying voice slowly being listened by my ears. My feet suddenly working slow and the more I take steps ahead, the more I hear the wheep sound grows louder.

"Yubi-ah!"

"Yubi-ah" My mom is screaming in between her sob.

It's getting serious as I take a few strides more and the wide backyard greeted me. The camera flashing here and there and two detectives are walking around it with their tense face. I saw my mother who are crouching down onto the ground with having her back on me. Her voices still crying out endlessly and I still have no idea at all.

"Mom..!" I stop my feet immediately and standing by the back door frame.

"I'm here, mom. Yubi is here. What's going on? They found Yuhe, right?" I shoot her the questions and my tone comes out almost in joy.

"Mom! Yuhe is here, right? Yuhe-ah! Yuhe-ah. I miss you. I miss you Yuhe-ah. I want to meet you so bad" I start to go wild as I scream out my sister name from side to the side. I can't hide my excitement that exposed in me just now as my tears shed down my cheeks.

"I want to see you, Yuhe-ah!"

"SHUT UP YOU!"

My mom suddenly yell and cut me off, I'm speechless as my mouth apart in completely baffled.

She glances at me with her water eyes. "I'm already tired" She mumbles and stand on her feet.

"Mom, what are you talking about? I-I know you're tir-"

"No you don't know, please wake up.. You're not. Oh God!"

"Mom, Wh-what are you trying to say.. an-and what's exactly happening here? I-I don't get it" I really don't know and my face soaked with my own tears and feeling attacked. I'm trying harder to focus my sight to her and silently asking for an enlighten.

She takes a deep breath.

"Listen here, you are not Yubi. You are not your sister. You are Yuhe. Please, Wake up Yuhe. It's killing me. Please realize that you are the one Yuhe"

"What-" I lost my word on this and my tears stop an instant. What kind of joke is this?

"Stop pretending to be your sister, Yuhe-ah and back to yourself" She hits her chest twice, it looks like she can't bear to look at me.

"Please back to yourself, sweetheat" She begin to cry again despite she looks messy as hell with that awful hair that has been pulled by her for many times.

It's feel like time never moving all of the sudden.

"Stop! crap! what the is this!?" I shake my head in disbelief and there's a laying body on the green grass with arms sticking out under the cover. I saw a hole behind the mango tree that has been dug up, My mom sits beside it before yanking the black leather from it.

I jerk away. No way.

My face.

it's me.

No. If she was me, then who am I? What am I supposed to be?

Slowly, I step a back and the blurry sight come shortly after. My head and mind are so loud and I can't think the actual thing. What? What? What? What?

I take another step backward and my back bumped into someone's figure.

"Yuhe-ah.. Are you okay?" Himchan's voice echoes behind me.

Yuhe?

I'm yuhe?

Am I Yuhe?

The one I thought went missing?

Funny. I wanted to laugh

I bring both of my hands up to my head and clench it hard. The next thing my scream filled up the backyard.

 

...

 

When I was eleven. I went missing for a day and no one noticed it. It was 6.35 Pm and I came home as if nothing was happened that moment. I used to play outside a lot than my twin sister, Yubi. She was likely to watch television more rather than make friends like me.

But that day was like a nighmare to me which I thought that was just a normal thing. I absolutely know nothing. But the only thing left me is a small bruise on my corner forehead which at the end stay as permanent scar.

I got scolded by my parent right after I arrived home and my sister only be able to watch me in pity on the couch yet I never utter anything nor crying until they leave me alone. I went to my room and being silent.

Since then, I didn't go out anymore. Everything didn't excite me like I used to feel before. In a week, I was just being quiet and quiet.

There was one night, my parent was watching a movie and I accidentally saw a scene that I was not supposed to watch it yet.

I screamed.

Flinching my mom and dad by my sudden screaming as I run down to my room, crying. My mind keep thinking and thinking that I couldn't stop them.

I didn't know what was happening to me and why was I reacting like this?

I thought I was alone but I saw my sister was looking at me weird and curious. I began to cry which makes her came across my bed and give me a long hug. For once I feel safe.

Due to my strange behavior, my father took me to the hospital and I just obeyed it. Eventually, the doctor found out that I was being .

"Who did it?"

I didn't answer. Everyone around me forcing me with the same question over and over but only a silent I gave them. It was tough and painful that hard for me to spill anything.

Yubi was the only one who got to know it when she started to ask me instead. I told her everything. I told her, I was being dragged by our next door son and he harmed me before doing that thing to me. Which I didn't know what means.

My sister told my parent and they made a report for it, good thing the guy in jail afterward.

I thought I was going to be okay, but my trauma still haunts me endlessly. It was me which is the problem was not settled yet. I was still in quiet personality and we grew older each days.

I failed to make it as I stop going to school midway and my parent started to take a private lesson for me without finishing my high school. I was sad yet I couldn't do anything. I got therapy too and they were trying to get me out from the dark world that I was living it.

But I can't

They as if a place I'm comfortable to stay with.

But my mind changed in blink of an eye after Yubi introduced her boyfriend to my parent and me. I honestly got jealous.

I just noticed this, The way she lived, the way she got the love and everything she did. She was living in perfect life without fearing in anything. Unlike me. I was a coward girl, living with the pill in very single days. I couldn't do what I what. I was horrible. I was awful. I should have died in the first place. What's the point of living if I can't even stand for myself? I was !

That night, my rotten mind was taking over and I couldn't stop it. I was desperate but I still have not seen any lights are coming to me. I was waiting somehow. I wanted to live normal. I wanted to be loved and live happily.

It's suffocating me like hell that I chose to end my life instead.

I gripped down the knife for like an hour already and my target is my wrist. I couldn't think any better other than gone from this world.

Before I could even cut myself, Yubi bursted in through our bedroom door and her expression changed.

"YUHE, WHAT THE HECK YOU'RE DOING? PUT THAT DAMN THING DOWN!" she was so surprised to see me ready to kill myself.

"No! Don't come here! Or I will do it!" I warned her before she even could prevents me. I press the tip on my skin a bit and she cringed in horror.

My eyes were red from crying. I'm tired of all of this.

"I don't have any reasons to live anymore. I have nothing" I told her in sorrow.

"No! Please.. You have me, Yuhe. Pull yourself together" She tried to convince me and at the same time trying to approach me.

"Sure, I have you but seeing you don't make me any better. I hate this feeling" I hate when I got jealous with her. I loved her. I'm afraid I will hurt her with this unwanted feeling.

"Yuhe please, I don't want you to leave me. I only have you" She attempted another try. I honestly hate those, people give me hopes but I am the only one who are suffering otherwise. They just don't understand. They are not in my shoes. They are not the one who lost something precious when they were still a kid.

"I'm sorry, Yubi" That's all I could say it and about to cut my wrist mindlessly but Yubi quickly comes over before holding my hand tight to block me. We were struggling for about five minutes and I know I don't have any good luck as I accidentally stabbed her stomach.

I released the knife that stuck deeper in her stomach and wordless for a second. She was glancing at me with her big eyes before collapsing down to the floor. I cup my palm on my mouth and went down to her.

"Yubi-ah I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. It was me who are supposed to die." I found myself awfully trembling.

"I really didn't mean it" I begin to cry and watch the blood flow out like a water. "Please, don't die.. I'm afraid. What should I do?"

"Yuhe-ah" She was so weak.

I was seriously in empty mind as I got up and ran out. I went downstairs but I couldn't think any help instead walking around the house without knowing what to do. I feel useless. I was really an useless. .

My parent also was not at home that moment. They will returned tomorrow night after the vocation.

I have no choice but went up back and saw my sister hardly to breath. She lost a lot of blood, covering up our bedroom floor like a pool.

I hold her hand tight and mutter the same words I have said earlier as apologized to her non-stop.

"You don't deserve this my sister" That was the last words she confessed to me before she gone forever.

Another one hour had passed and I just watched my dead sister in emotionless by the corner of the bed foot. I feel nothing any longer and it was like a dream for me. A dark dream.

I bit on my nail and my body was shivering since an hour ago. I was worried how to tell my parent about this and I have nobody to get a hand either. I was very scared to death so I just did what my mind brought me to.

After done clean all the mess, especially inside the bedroom. I took a long shower but the feel still remaining the same. I got insecure more and more. I can't even grip the soap in my hand, knowing that I have silently committed a crime and the victim was my own twin.

That was insane and unbelievable. I would never do anything right. I knew it.

I went out from the bathroom and just curling onto the carpet floor while hugging my knees in our bedroom, where my sister just died. In two minutes my sob filled in the quiet room.

Before I snapped out, "It's going to be fine, right?"

I bit my nail again. My lips were shaking hard.

"It's okay, It's going to be fine, Yuhe. It's going to be fine" I told myself over and over until I fell asleep which once I open my eyes again, the new thing begin to set in my memory.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry for my bad english/writing and thanks for reading till the end *crying in happiness*