From Black Owls to Magical potions...

The Lee Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was during the lunchbreak that they came.

 

Mark had gone to the washroom quickly before he went back to his locker to take his prepared lunchbox out of his locker. His dad had been so worried about him since Saturday that he had bought watermelon; he had cut it into little pieces to accompany Mark’s lunchbox, as a dessert and had used the rest to make juice. It would have been easier to cook him his favourite dish, but his eldest resembled Taeyong greatly, having been very docile since he was a child, worrying more about his dad he had never cared about the food and had no clear preferences unlike his younger brothers. 

But before Mark could reach his locker two boys came out of nowhere, blocking him his way. Most students were already in the canteen, which made the hall he was currently quite empty.

Mark frowned. Those people were not second years like him. They were fourth years.

Moreover, it seemed that they had been well prepared; waiting for him to show up and such great timing with the empathy halls.

What again? He thought half tiredly, half annoyed.

“Sorry garbage, but you will have to come with us.” One of them said, smirking. He enjoyed the situation a bit too much compared to the other one who just silently stared at him.

For a slight moment, Mark thought of turning away. But he had never been a coward to begin with. And he hated people who ran away.

It reminded him of people who once left him. His father, His Appa,…

They had all ran away from him and although Mark was still figuring out how to deal with them, he certainly did not want to run away. Which was stupid, because he knew that those two things had nothing to do with each other and if he wanted to give less trouble to his dad he had to stay out of trouble too. But seeing the two boys that towered above him he knew that he had a very slim chance to just ignore the situation and leave.

Even running away would possibly be out of options.

So, he plainly rolled his eyes, which made the smirk of the boy go away, as he rudely pushed him forward in the direction of the gym.

 

Renjun waited at the gate, holding Jeno’s hand as they waited for their Hyung to go back home. It seemed that it would rain at any moment, as the grey clouded sky hovered over Seoul. Renjun hoped it would rain after they would arrive at home. Or at least after they entered the underground. They would be warm and safe and the end station was very near their house, so they at least they would not get soaked too seriously.

Just as Renjun wondered how come his Hyung hadn’t arrive yet, he saw the blue uniform jacket he was familiar with and soon Jeno let go his hand, to hug his Mark hyung.

If Renjun hadn’t been looking at his hyung’s face carefully he would not have noticed, but he did and he frowned as he saw his hyung’s face slightly stiffen when Jeno hugged him, but the older quickly hugged Jeno tightly back before the younger could feel it.

Renjun wanted to speak but before he could ask what was wrong his Mark hyung asked him: “Are you okay, Renjunie?”

Renjun surprised with the question nodded his head, even though he had been feeling sluggish for quite a while. “Your face is slightly flushed though. Are you cold?” Mark’s hand softly touched his cheeks, and his eyes widened when he felt how burning hot Renjun was.

Renjun felt his Hyung’s cool hands and automatically leaned in towards the coolness.

“You have a fever? Why didn’t you tell the teachers?” Mark’s worried voice made Renjun’s head snap back out of the touch.

“I just thought it was a simple headache.” Renjun mumbled; he hadn’t been aware he was so hot until his hyung’s hands had touched him.

Mark frowned, eyes all worry letting go of Jeno before saying :“Okay let’s hurry back home, before it rains. I do not want to see you even more sicker than you are.”

Mark took his scarf off and wrapped it nimby around Renjun’s neck, making sure to wrap it tightly to protect him from the cold wind “Let’s go.”

Renjun smiled and followed his hyung who took Jeno’s hands in his, and together they crossed the street, to go down towards the direction of the underground.

 

However, luck didn’t seem to be at their side, as they were barely half way, when it started to pour down buckets from the sky. Mark opened his jacket so that Jeno could take cover in his hyung’s warm jacket, but Renjun who was already too tall for him to do the same, started to sneeze.

Mark frowned and just as he was debating wheteither or not they should run or take shelter, a black car stopped at their side, the window opening as a handsome man asked:

“Aren’t you kidos Taeyong’s kids?”

The three of them looked up only to meet with a unfamiliar face; the man in front of them could rival uncle Yuta’s handsomeness, and everything about him screamed high-class; from the silver expensive watch to the black suit he was wearing.

Mark frowned. A week ago, he would not have been able to tell who he was.

 

But things were different and even if he would not have googled his father’s name, he recognized the beautiful features of the sick kid that had been laying in bed at the hospital.

This was none other than Johnny Seo, CEO of SM Company, a big global American law firm that was notorious for their high-class clients. Mark knew that because the Thai-royal family also employed their services. And another couple of impressive people too. Including his Appa’s firm NCT Corporate.

 Searching him up had been easy, as Johnny Seo was listed as the King of Thailand’s secret lover and their company had strong connections with 7THSENSE, the big Canadian pharmaceutical company that is owned by the family of the previous Queen of Thailand.

Mark had not been idle in the weekend although he had not let his father being aware of it, searching on his laptop during the night when Renjun was fast asleep.

 

“Who are you?” Mark asked, even though he knew the answer.

The man smiled at him, “I am Johnny, a good friend of your dad. Do you kids wanna have a ride home?”

A good friend of his dad, huh. What about the “I am the one who cheated with your father on your dad” part? Or I am the partner of your father part?

Mark had to acknowledge his quick wit, even his Korean did not sell him away as a foreigner.

Jeno looked hopefully towards his hyung, but Renjun frowned; “Thanks but our dad, does not like us to talk with strangers.”

Johnny chuckled at Renjun’s sharp reply, “It’s good to be sceptical. If you want, I can call him.” He said while tapping some touches on his phone before showing them the screen, where their Dad’s phone number was displayed.

Renjun recognized the number as correct and he looked briefly at his hyung.

Mark merely smiled coldly before giving the man a second chance: “Sorry, but who were you again?”

Johnny smiled: “A friend of your father, you should be Mark, right?”

Mark snorted at the half true words before nudging Jeno and Renjun, walking away.

Johnny was surprised and his body tensed at the light panic he was feeling. He looked at the three kids that were now walking away and suddenly remembered what his lover had said, before saying loudly: “You kids will get sick in this weather, are you really sure you want to walk home?”

Mark stood still as he worriedly glanced at Renjun. He bit his lips, half cursing inside.

Johnny smiled secretly before adding; “Don’t catch a fever, your dad is busy enough with a concert preparation!”

Mark gritted his teeth before nudging his brothers to the car. Renjun was no fool and he protested as he was completely fine but his hyung’s eyes did not allow him to contradict him so he opened up the door and went in the warm climatized car, followed by Jeno and Mark, who closed the door.

Johnny did not bother to hide his smile as he started to drive into the traffic again.

 

“So what do you kids like to do in your free time? Dance like your dad?” Johnny asked as he looked at the three kids through his rear mirror.

“Dance and football too.” an eye smiling Jeno answered while he made himself cozzy against his Mark Hyung’s chest, his hyung’s arm was wrapped over his shoulder, so that the younger could warm himself up.

Johnny who saw the very soft scene and eye-smile of Jeno smiled, as he arranged the climatization higher. “Football, huh. Anything else besides sports?”

Jeno thought for a little while and smiled when he found the answer: “Playing with Chenle and Jisung, our younger brothers. Drawing with Renjun-hyung and also playing music with Mark hyung.”

“Oh really, what kind of music?” Johnny asked interested.

Mark frowned but he couldn’t say anything as Jeno answered: “A lot! Hyung likes guitar music the most. And there is also Zitter music with Renjun hyung. And piano with Appa.”

Johnny smiled. “Oh really? You kids have a lot of talents then.”

Jeno smiled, slightly proud as he nodded. “What about uncle?”

Johnny chuckled: “Uncle is not really talented in music, but I am quite good at sports. What do you say kido, should we play a football match together next time?”

Jeno beamed, happy to agree as he asked: “When is uncle coming?”

Johnny laughed at the excitement of the kid, “Whenever you want kido, just ask your father to call me.”

Jeno nodded.

Johnny looked at Mark, who had been silent all the time, ignoring him by all means; his eyes glanced quickly over the young teenager before they stopped at his left arm that the boy had wrapped over Jeno’s shoulder. Because of the position, the sleeves of his jacket where slightly up, revealing a blue bruise on his fair skin. Johnny had seen enough cases of domestic mistreatment to tell that the bruise seemed fresh and since it appeared on his arm, Johnny doubted at the probability of a stupid accident.

Mark feeling the stare looked up and following the direction of Johnny’s stare he briefly tensed up before nonchalantly covering his arm. Johnny frowned as he caught the movement, but he was not for noting a brilliant lawyer, so he didn’t say anything.

Renjun felt it was extremely hot in the car and he started to take of the warm scarf of his hyung. Mark glanced at him before he took his free arm to stop Renjun: “Your still cold, let it on.”

Renjun pouted and wanted to protest but Jeno nimbly displaced himself from his Mark hyung chest to sit on his lap, snuggling his warm body on Renjun’s chest so that Renjun couldn’t take of the scarf.

Renjun looked betrayed at Jeno, who simply give him one of his eye smiling smile, making himself even more comfortable when Mark moved closer to them to wrap his arm around Renjun’s shoulder.

If Renjuns face wasn’t red because of the fever than it was now with all the attention the younger got, making his cheeks red in embaressemnt.

Johnny had to hold himself not t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter