Hyung's warmth in the darkness.

The Lee Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anyong! I am so d*mn late! I can't believe my luck. Who the h*ll get's a severe cold in the middel of summer? Me of course. Seriously my luck...

Ad with in my work (seriously I am glad it was only a student job, I would get crazy in that place. I replaced three persons in one day sometimes), my project (which went well, thank God), and other stuff crashing down on me while I was sick for a whole week. The good news is that now everything is back to normal, and I am quite confident to update weekly. Curse it if not!

But anyway, now I am going to reply to everyon's comments, and I will introduce a bit the story line.

So a bit of Lumark, its only a beginning, I plan to tackle Lucas dissease in the next updates to come ( By the second or third).

Then a bit of Markno, beacuse I felt Jeno had such little lines. Next chapter will focus on Renjun...probably...

By next chapter I will maybe talk about Mark's modelling job, the bullyiing case and a bit of fluff.

Mark's diary at the sea is nearly done, so feel free to request the next diary chapter if you want.

I guess that's it... Of course I want to thank everyone for your patience and love. I am such an horrible fanfic writer when it comes to timel updates, but you guys know me ^^ I try to repay this by writting a better story.

Lots of love sto my fellow cizenies ( by the way Go Up keeps repeating in my head, its such a bop. But I quite like Dear dream too. I still cant believe Mark is graduating. Like what about next year? Will 99 line graduate too? That makes no sense because they will leave the youngest alone. And we both know that letting President Chenle and Maknae on Top Jisung alone is like asking for chaos. Who can handle these two besies their hyungs? Well we will see. I have somehow a feeling that NCT China will either have Taeyong or Mark. Don't know why.

Kun is vocal, Lucas is rap, I doubt they will bring in Chenle ( because of age, dont get me wrong), maybe Renjun. Winwin is...wel an all rounder I guess; we have never heard him enough sining or rapping to tell what he is. He is a good dancer. But anyway I think they will add some members of 127. Which is why I go for Taeyong cuz he is the unofficial leader, and if we leave Kun as a leader...well the poor guys gets always bullied lol. Poor Kun mom, love you lots. I should probably wirte a JungwooXKun shot in the next chapters to come.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Lucas opened his eyes, he felt the sun caressing his cheeks through the white curtains of his hospital windows. He slowly opened his eyes to adapt to the sudden light, reading it was near noon on the clock that was hanging in front of him, on the wall.

Again…Another day, in a room that smelled too clean.

But he would never say that out loud. Lucas had always liked to see things positively. Besides, thinking back of his parents faces yesterday, announcing him the bad news, he could not help but feel that he had no right to complain; he could read their shattered hearts on their face, see how they tried to cheer him up while they actually wanted to cry. So, Lucas would be the one to cheer them right back.

Not to forget that Lucas was not someone who easily admitted defeat. He would beat the crap out of this annoying disease. And he would do it like a boss.

“Baby, you awake? How do you feel?”

Lucas turned his head towards the familiar voice (never once had he woken up, without being greeted by one of them, their concern written in their eyes, making sure he would never lack something that could make him feel better), as he smiled towards his father.

“Is Lucas awake?” his dad shouted from the bathroom, coming two seconds later out, while buttoning up a white shirt.

“How do you feel baby?” Ten asked while going towards his son’s bed.

Lucas nodded, his smile never leaving his face, as he replied in a rather weak voice: “Good.”

Johnny and Ten looked at each other, and for a second Lucas thought he had worried them (again).

However, Ten and Johnny forced a smile and they decided to ignore their son’s lie, and to cheer up the boy immediately with some good news. Ten took a place on the bed, and Johnny handed him over a white envelope.

“Baby, guess what?” Ten smiled, his eyes contained traces of excitement. Lucas eyes shinned at the sight of it and he tried to prop himself up. Which didn’t go well as he did it too fast, and he nearly fell, but his father Johnny strong arms caught him before any harm was done. Johnny softly propped his son up, so that he could sit on the bed, instead of lying down.

“What do I have to guess?” Lucas smile never faded away, determined to not break the mood of any kind of good news that could have come.

“Well, someone came here some hours ago to deliver this to you.” Ten smiled as he handed down the envelop for Lucas to read.

Lucas frowned confused, before his eyes lit up in excitement as he read the words on the envelop;

He did not say anything, but quickly tried to open the envelop, taking out the letter that had been folded neatly inside.

He hesitated slightly to open it, his heartbeat had never been so strong since the day he had heard they had found a donor, and his hands shacked lightly as he slowly opened the letter.

 

To my little brother Lucas

 

This might be a little awkward but…Nice meeting you little brother.

I am Mark, but you already knew that. I really enjoyed reading your letter, and it made me really happy. I am sorry I was not the one who reached first towards you; as the big brother, I should have done so. But I did not, due to various reasons. It’s of course no excuse, so I am sorry.

 

Anyway, I am looking forward meeting you; I hope you have some good skills, otherwise you will not be able to beat me in a basketball match. But that’s fine, I would love to learn you some tricks.

I am sure you would love busking, as Renjun and I love to do it whenever we are free.

Renjun is my little brother, and he plays the zither. It is also thanks to him that I am able to write you this letter. He is the one that taught me Chinese. But I heard you are trying to learn Korean, so maybe we can learn both languages together? As you see I am writing PinYin (and I am using Google and asking my brother lots of questions) to write this letter. I would love to learn to write Chinese properly.

 

Another thing that I can’t wait to do with you is dance. I love music and dance. My dad is a dance teacher and since young he brought me with him to his dance classes. Every Saturday, my dad, brothers and I like to dance together. When you are cured, I would love to invite you too. Don’t worry if you are bad at it, our father Ten used to dance as well: so I am sure that with his help and my dad as a teacher, you will be able to learn it fast. I am also not bad myself, so you can also rely on me. I am having a dance competition next Friday; I invited our father Ten and your dad to come.

 

I first thought of asking them to record me, so that you would also be able to see it for yourself. But I think it’s better not: I made you a promise, I would come and meet you when you are healed.

Now, I would like to make a second promise, even though I still can’t fulfil the first one:

I promise you, that you will be able to see my dance competition with your own eyes very soon. I know about what happened with the donor, but I believe you will be able to get better soon. And when you will, you will be able to see me at the first row.

 

Finding a donor might take a bit of time and patience.

Don’t be sad about it, let me make a third promise.

I promise you I will keep writing you until we find that donor.  Those are a lot of promise I am making, but Hyung believes in you, even though we have never met, you are my little brother so I will always believe in you. And you should also trust in Hyung.

Hyung also thinks that you are a strong person.

 

Did you know? Hyung has another little brother, he is called Jisung. He is very young, but just like you, Jisung suffers from a very annoying disease. Jisung has lots of pain, but he never cries. Because Jisung is stubborn and he does not like crying. I think you look like him a lot, since father told me you always like to smile.

But Jisung has me, my dad and brothers to hug him, whenever he is in pain. Because when we are in pain, even if we are strong, we should always share it with someone we care about.

So, I also hope that whenever you are feeling pain, you would also hug father and your dad as they are always there for you. I know that they love you lots, just by the way father is talking about you. And when we meet each other, I will hug you for all the times I could not. Until then you can always write me, whenever you feel sad.  

 

I guess this is getting long, and I hope I did not bore you out.

About what you asked in your letter:

You see father and I are not really… close. We are working on that, I guess, but things are a bit complicated for now. You should not worry about it, hyung thinks that things will get okay, I guess. It will take some time, but I think we should be fine.

Father named us in the same language, in the hope we would always be connected. Hyung likes it a lot, and I will always be connected with you even though things can be complicated with father.

Until we meet each other (very soon),

Love

 

Your elder brother,

Mark Minhyun Lee

 

 

“Love what’s wrong?” Ten’s panicked voice snapped Lucas out of his thoughts and he looked up at the worried faces of his parents, both seeming to panic for a reason Lucas did not understand. That was until Ten cupped his cheeks, his hands carefully wiping something wet.

 

He was crying.

Lee-Seo Xuxi Lucas was crying. Looking at his father Johnny and dad Ten, he bit his trembling lips, trying to hold back any further damage.

1 second. 2 second…
Lucas launched himself in Ten’s arms, and sobbing sound could be heard, as both Johnny and Ten looked at each other, trying to get what was wrong. Seeing their so smiling son cry his heart out felt so unnatural, but at the same time they both understood that it was something good.

They were always used to see him smile, that they had forgotten that Lucas was also still a big sensible baby. How much things had he tried to hold in, trying to make them feel better during his stay at the several hospitals they had entered?

“Ssssh baby, it’s okay…Everything will be okay. It’s okay to cry…I promise everything will be okay” Ten hugged his son tightly, while Johnny who had silently taken place next to them, started to Lucas hair in a very soft manner.

Lucas had never felt so light, since months.

With burning cheeks of embarrassment, he tried to escape the tight hold of his dad, but his father Johnny, directly embraced him in another bear hug. Johnny wanted to tell so many words to his son, but he decided to not spoil the mood as he whispered: “Xuxi, me and your dad, we love you so much, you know that, right baby?”

Lucas mumbled a soft : “I know.”

Johnny smiled. “And now, you also have a hyung who loves you very much. Father promises you, I will do everything so that you can see each other very soon. But until then whenever you feel sad, don’t just smile, alright? You can always hug me or your dad, until the pain goes aways, just like you did right now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter