Loud dogs do not bite. Quite lions are dangerous.

The Lee Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

From: Annoying *rabit emoji* Hyung

Where are you guys?

 

From: Beloved Little Brother

How come you ask me and not your fiancé?

 

From: Annoying*rabbit emoji* Hyung

Wae, can’t I ask you? Where are you?

 

From: Beloved little Brother

Somewhere above, Somewhere at the right ^^

 

From: Annoying*rabbit emoji* Hyung

Traitor, so you play along with Yuta.

 

From: Beloved Little Brother

What are you talking about hyung ^^?

 

From: Annoying*rabbit emoji* Hyung

Taeyongie, didn’t you ask for a favour?

I believe we are still going to that Thai restaurant, aren’t we? ^^

 

From: Beloved Little Brother

Row 12, seat line 7

 

From: Annoying*rabbit emoji* Hyung

Oh, and while we are at it, change that annoying nickname of mine

 

From: Beloved Little Brother

Sure. Done.

 

From: Lost*rabbit emoji*

Yuta bae, I hope you invite Tae over, since I won’t be cooking for a week ^^

 

From: Beloved Little Brother

He says he hopes you like to sleep on the couch.

 

From: Beloved *rabbit emoji*  Hyung

I hope he likes to sleep alone in bed.

 

From: Beloved Little Brother:

I really don’t want to answer back what he said

-----------------  30 minutes later ------------------ 

 

“Tae, should I go to the coach to fill in a complain?” Jaehyun asked worriedly as they prepared themselves to leave the basketball stadium. Taeyong wrapped Chenle into his warm jacket, as the kid was starting to get sick (he probably got the flu from Renjun. Tae had told him to not stay near his sick gege, but Chenle hadn’t listened to it and now that Renjun was healthy he would pay the price for it), as the temperature outside the stadium was also a lot lower with a very sharp wind. “Eh?” Taeyong looked up to see Jaehyun, who had a very sleepy Jisung in his arms; “A complain about what?”

Jaehyun frowned; “Don’t you think that accident seemed suspicious? Mark could not run properly after that ‘accidental” push of his own teammate, so I do not think it was as innocent as it seemed.”

Donghyuck who was getting helped by Yuta to wear his jacket pouted: “Uncle Jae that baddie did it on purpose! Let’s beat him up!”

Yuta pinched his cheeks, smiling proudly at his son; “You little devil what if Mark’s team doesn’t win the next match because of you beating up his teammate?”

Donghyuck grinned; “As long as Mark hyung play, they will win anyway.”

Yuta laughed. “Yeah that baddie wasn’t a terrible player huh. But we can’t beat him up, otherwise he will play even worse at the next match. Your Mark hyung maybe fully capable, he can’t do everything, can he?”

Donhyuck pouted. Doyoung who just finished dressing up Jaemin, glared at Yuta. “Please tell him an educative responsible reason for not beating up people.”

Yuta blinked innocently back at him.

“Appa, what’s that old man talking about?” Donghyuck asked Yuta, which made him get a smack on the head by Doyoung: “Respect your elders.”, He rolled his eyes at his son’s attics while Yuta consoled the now wrong-faced Donghyuck. Such an actor, Doyoung really would have been proud of it if it wasn’t used against him.

“Talking with the coach doesn’t sound a too bad idea though, it did seem quite suspicious.” Doyoung addressed Jaehyun and Taeyong.

“But what if you are making things awkward between them while there is nothing going on?” Kun, who had a dressed up Jeno by his hand and Jungwoo in his arm, asked. “I can always check his wounds later. If it’s serious we can fill in a complain.”

Jaehyun nodded, smiling gratefully at Kun. “Hmm what do you think Tae?”

Taeyong picked up Chenle who felt a bit feverish, “I will ask Mark later on. Accidents are not out of ordinary when practicing a sport, Mark get sometimes injured practicing dancing on his own…”

Yuta hummed, not totally convinced; “I still think its suspicious, is it me or did Mark received the ball less then normally? I can at least tell on both hand the times he could have scored if they had passed him the ball.”

Jaehyun nodded; while Doyoung shrugged: “It can just be poor teamplay, the whole match seemed quite individualistic. They also won by a very small margin. Maybe the nerves, who knows? I hope they play better next time.”

Yuta snorted; “Mark’s performance could not get better. He was as usual shinning on the court.”

Taeyong smiled proudly at one hand, an war at the other. He maybe an orphan, but he had such an amazing family even without blood connecting them; “Well let’s head out so that we can install the kids already in the cars. Mark will go directly to the parking. I made a reservation at 7, so let’s hurry.”

Renjun hurriedly asked; “Dad can I wait for hyung at the locker rooms?”

Taeyong nodded. “Sure love, go ahead.”

“Me too!” Donghyuck demanded.

“You too what?” Doyoung’s sharp voice only made Donghyuck roll his eyes.

“Me too, please? Can I go too?” Donghyuck nevertheless knew better than provoke his dad when he wanted something. There see? He received a nod and a “Don’t make trouble and listen to Renjun!” as a reward for his politeness.

 

 

 

“What the hell is wrong with you guys!”, Woojin’s angry voice was the only sound that resounded in the locker room.

“Hyunsob, Minseok and even you Jun.” Woojing glared at said persons, “Do you guys care to explain?”

“What do you mean Capitain, we..” Minseok bravely tried to defend himself but Woojin slammed his fist on his locker making him shut up at once.

“Do I look like I am stupid? I may be not the smartest but do you not dare to play innocent! I know perfectly what’s going on here. And if my memory is correct, I thought I was pretty clear about what I had to say about it!”

Woojin looked at Mark who was the only one in the room not being nervous. The boy was even continuing to change himself, slightly leaning on his left leg.

Woojin eyed his right leg, who was slowly starting to get swollen. Mark had strangely refused for the coach to take a look at it and had only asked for the medic box that coach went to collect.

Woojin glared at Hyunsob. “You. You can take your personal stuff tomorrow out from the club. And before the training otherwise do not complain when I throw them to the garbage.”

Hyunsob eyes widened and everyone held their breath at the implication of Woojin’s words.

“What do you mean..” Hyunsob’s voice contained anger but Woojin’s glare was more fiercer than ever, shutting the boy up.

“I was very clear last time. I do not want any of those fun game s in my team. If you want to be a jerk, do it outside the club.” Mingyu looked at everyone to make his message clear.

He would spare no one. He turned back to Hyunsob. “Not only did you defy your captain’s order, you also brought harm to the team by ruining teamwork and injuring one of our key players on purpose. And that despite the fact that we are on Tournament. So, you are out.”

“Captain, you can’t just kick him out like that out of the blue? Hyunsob didn’t do it on purpose, he…”

“Cut the crap, Minseok. If not because of you guys we would have been able to score some more points, instead of barely surpassing our competitors. If you tell me you guys did not ignore Mark on purpose when you should have passed him the ball, then all of you are out because you are just blind and a poor excuse of a basketball player.”

Jun and Minseok’s comments died on their lips at the threat of being kicked out too.

Hyunsob looked back at the others, looking from some support. But who was Woojin? His mother was a very famous reporter with a lot of connections and his father played in the NBA. Added to the fact that he was the oldest, and could fight like a boss…Yeah, He was no easy pushover.

Hyunsob’s face twisted in anger and he walked up to Woojin. “Capitain, are you kicking me out because of a poor dog that doesn’t even know its place?”

Woojin would have slapped him. He really would, even if he shouldn’t as the capitain. But thank God for Hyunsob, he would have slapped him if not because of Mark who putted a hand on his shoulder. Mark smiled at Hyunsob. He had been a part of this team for nearly a year and a half, yet it was the frit time his teammates saw such a scary smile on the youngers face. Even Woojin found it scary, the cold aura that surrounded Mark was something that did not seem right to come out of a 13 year old kid.

The room was silence.

“You are wrong. He is not kicking you out because of a dog, he is kicking you out because you are a dog. Give my salutations to your master Mingyu.”

Hyunsob’s face went red from anger, wanting nothing more than to shred the boy in front of him into pieces… If not for Woojin’s presence…

Minseok cold voice interrupted the silence: “You clearly do not know your place kid. Do you really think Mingyu is the only one that wants to teach you a lesson?”

Jun snorted. “That’s right. If not why would there be all those pictures going around the school?”

Pictures? What was he talking about?

Woojin too was confused. “What the hell are you talking about Jun? What pictures?”

Jun stiffened a bit seeing Woojin still siding with Mark.

Minseok however bodly went to his bag and took out two pictures, at the size of a polaroid photo card. “Captain do you still think he has the right to stay in this team?”

Woojin took the pictures the first one was a picture of Mark going in a very luxury looking car. It had probably be taken after school or something, and on it someone had written; “Scholarship student? More like sugar daddy’s toy!”

Woojin frowned. There was no old man on the picture, and while it was true that Mark came out of the passenger seat, it didn’t prove anything. Sure, the luxury car was odd, but Woojin did not like to judge without proof.

He looked at the second picture; he recognised Marks father, he always stood out during the consulting teacher-parents sessions; being the only one who came in trendy sport-clothes, his face way too young and pretty to be a father of a 13-year-old kid. But of course, most kids were talking about how come a blond haired kid, with a foreign name could be related to such a full-blooded Korean who also had other kids who were also not all Korean. The picture however did not contain only Mark’s father. The picture had been take near the school entrance, where Mark’s father came out of another fancy car. The words that were written on this picture angered Woojihn: “Like father like son.”

Woojin wanted to know who had so much free time to spread such things around the school.

Mark looked at the pictures. One of him taking Appa’s car when he had a late basketball training and the other of his dad getting out of UNITED’s hyung’s car, probably for a teacher-parent session after his work, hence why one of his student had probably dropped him off.

Mark didn’t care about the first picture, but he took out the second picture out of Woojin’s hand, crumbling it and shoving it into his jeans pocket.

Woojin looked with disgust at Jun. “And you believe such things? Hell, even women are usually less scary then this when fighting, what the hell is wrong with you guys!”

Everyone blinked, as they had thought that Woojin would be at least disgusted with Mark.

“But hyung, there is proof, the cars…” Jun tried to talk but some of the more smart person in the rooms shook their heads in disapproval. Not everyone played along Mingyu’s trap. They also knew those pictures didn’t prove anything concrete…It was just that of all the persons Mark had to annoy, he annoyed Mingyu. Adding to the fact that Mark wasn’t a very close person to them, with no background and annoyingly capable… So yeah of course they would play along. But Woojin was like he said no fool and he could care less about Mingyu.  

Jun didn’t say anything else, but Minseok snorted.

“See? Those pictures were passed around for a week now, yet no one reported this. Do you know why? Because a poor bastard child like you shouldn’t even been able to enrol in this school, yet you act as if you own this place.”

Mark smiled back, not even acknowledging the insults. “If you want to teach me a lesson face me off in the court properly instead of biting like a dog from behind.”

Minseok’s cold face twisted.  Such a sharp tongue. Truly hateable. “No wonder Mingyu hates you so much, aren’t you to full of yourself?”

In reality Mark did not talk much, and most of the times he was a very awkward talker. The only exception being when he wrote his thoughts into his diary and lyric books. But being surrounded by very sharp talkers (Uncle Doyoung, Uncle Yuta, Renjun, Donghyuck, Jaemin, Ong Hyung, Minki hyung, Minhyun hyung and Daehwi hyung) he had heard more sassy remarks than anyone else present in this room; Besided how would he not be able to handle those annoying dogs if he was able to handle Renjun, Donghyuck and Jaemins arguments?

“Sure, sure, full of myself just like all those people who think their parent’s money makes them the owners of this school…are you done yet?”

Mark really was tired of giving time to people who wasted your time more than anything else. He had to bandage his leg yet (he did not want his father to see it swollen nor would he want him to see some presents he had gotten from Mingyu’s friends from earlier this week) and he had yet to pack up his stuff before his dad would ask him why he was taking so much time.

Minseok nearly choked, while Hyunsob lost it; “You son of a…”

This was enough Woojin thought,

*SLAP*

Woojin stared with unbelieve, just like everyone else how a shocked Hyunsob fel to the ground, his eyes wide open as he stared back at Mark who had slapped him so fast and hard that no one (including Hyunsob himself) had been able to react to it.

“This is getting really annoying. Enough is enough. Call me what you want, but I dare you to insult my family again.”

Mark went back to his locker, packing his stuff.

“YOU!!!!”

“Yah, are you crazy! Wait till…”

Mark turned around, facing Minseok and Hyunsob who stood up from the floor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter