The story of Cherry N

The Lee Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark opened his eyes, trying to look through around the darkness that surrounded his bedroom. Something had woken him up, and Mark suspected those soft steps that came towards his bedroom were the cause of it. The door handle was softly pushed down and Mark rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. The door opened and a sniffling sound came from the tiny figure that was his brother. Chenle wanted to go towards his Renjun gege when he suddnely saw Mark gege standing softly up, reaching his left arm towards him, stopping him from wakening his sibling. Chenle did not think twice as his little feet practically ran towards his hyung arms.

Mark embraced the tiny figure softly in his arms, feeling some wetness on his shirt. With his right hand he rubbed softly his little brother’s back, while his left hand slowly took out the brands of hair out of his brother face who was buried in his chest. Mark stood up, with Chenle still in his arms as he left the room, not wanting to wake up Renjun who was already starting to turn around in his bed. He softly closed the door behind him and carefully looked where the stairs nosy spots where (which he avoided at his best) and reached the first floor, going softly to the kitchen where he switched a soft led lamp at the kitchen counter. Chenle was still crying softly and Mark’s heart tightened a bit.

“Was it a very bad dream?” He softly asked in Chinese, wanting to comfort the child in his mother tongue.  Chenle nodded. “About what? Tell gege, I will punish those bad dreams.” Mark stretched his pyjama sleeves and softly wiped away the teers of his brother round cheeks that were red of crying.

Chenle however continued to cry, his head buried in his chest, and Mark was briefly lost for a moment on how he could calm him down. Not thinking of anything better, Mark started to bounce softly while humming a melody. He had to wrack his brain for a bit before the lyrics flooded his mind, old lyrics he had kept hidden, in a corner of his heart, a painful memory.

But for Chenle, who was more precious than anything else, he softly began to sing;

 

“I saw an angel

When I first saw you

You shined like an angel from heaven

I got curious

Who do you resemble to be that beautiful?

I’ll be your morning star,

And you are my angel,

You are my angel

I’ll be your morning star,

And you are my angel,

You are my angel”

 

Chenle’s sobs started to calm down, and Mark’s heart sighed in relief as he continued on;

 

“You can be my moonlight and sunshine and

Morning day

They’re all names that suit you

Angel, that’s you

Let’s go up to the clouds let’s fly”

 

The only sound in the lonely kitchen were the last sniffs of the tiny figure who had finally calmed down, and Mark relieved kissed his brothers forehead; “LeLe, do you want Gege to make some hot milk?”

He received a tiny nod, and Mark started to busy himself to prepare hot milk for his brother. He went to take a little cup out of the cupboard, Chenle still in his right arm, while he took with his other arm milk from the fridge. Wanting to be fast, he used the microwave to heat up the milk, hoping the noise wouldn’t wake up his dad.

“Here, careful its very hot.”

Chenle used both of his hands to take the cub of milk, but afraid he would let go of the warm cup,  Mark did not let go the cup with his hands as Chenle drank. Thankfully no incident happened and Mark placed the empty cup in the sink.

“Will you tell me your dream Chenle?” Mark propped again. Chenle however didn’t say a word , bringing both of his arms around his hyung’s neck, hugging tightly as if afraid Mark would let him go.

“What’s wrong, Lele?” Mark rubbed his brother back, very lost at the situation.

“Lele good boy.” Chenle stated with a weak voice, as if he wasn’t very sure of it.e

“Of course. Chenle is the best. A very very very good boy.” Mark reassured softly, not seeing why his so cheeky brother would be so unconfident.

“So Ge, Dad, Renjun ge…Jeno ge…Jisungie… not leaving Chenle…” the end of the sentence was lost with a soft sob and Mark’s heart tightened as he hushed the boy again: “What are you  talking about, of course we will always be at Chenle’s side. Did you dream we were leaving you lele?”

Chenle buried his face again in Marks chest.

 “Everyone leaving lele because sick... just like muqin and fuqin…death.”, Lele managed to say between his sobs.

Mark’s body stiffened and he pondered if it was because of that white lie they had told Chenle that the little had this nightmare. Although Chenle wasn’t very old, Renjun had always told him about their parents. That they had been sick (telling them they had died in a horrible plane accident did not seem appropriate to tell the child) and were now in heaven looking after them. Renjun even showed him pictures of his father and mother.

Rnejun had been sick yesterday and just started to feel beter today. Had that been the reason Lele had clinged to his sick ge?

Mark sighed, hushing the boy again. “Lele you are wrong. Even if we all got sick, we will not leave you alone…Do you know why?”

Chenle shook his head, calming down a bit thanks to the firm tone his hyung had.

“Because if we leave Chenle alone, who will be taking care of you?” Mark pinched Chenle’s nose playfully. “And who will chase away those bad dreams for you?”

Chenle looked at his hyung with wide eyes, and a beautiful smile started to bloom on the younger face. Mark smiled back at his brother. “Come on let’s go back to sleep, we have school tomorrow.”

Chenle looked at his hyung with puppy eyes, recoiling to go back to sleep.

“Hyung will be there next to you, no bad dreamie will dare to come to you, alright?”

 

Some hours later, Taeyong smiled down on the figures that were lying on the bed, a little one, holding tightly to the pink finger of the other, being wrapped around the shoulder by his other arm, head resting on his big chest.

Of course Mark woke up at the sounds of phone clicks, his father taking a dozen pictures before picking the one he was most satisfied with as his kakao talk profile.

“I start my day with the sight of those two angels.”  Taeyong typed as his status

The quickest reaction was of course Doyoung: “MY SON!!! #Iwokeupwithadeviltryingtochokehisbrother #andaveryamusedeviltookpicturesofit”

Taeyong had his other children to wake up so he had no time to laugh at the mess that was starting to come with Yutas reply’s “Such inspiration vibes I get…#thatsmyfuturbrandmodelthere #Youbunnywhodidyoucallanamuseddevil?”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yeah so he was not realy pleased at that whole model-idea”, Taeyong chuckled, while he searched for Jeno’s favourite cereal brand. Did they displaced it on the shelves?

“waeee , ah why does he overreact? The judges where very pleased with his appearance during the evening.” Yuta whined into the phone that was starting to get warm to Taeyongs ear.

 Taeyong smiled while founding the cereal: “I have to thank you for that, maybe I will let you style him from time to time...He said he thought it was unfair because of your help and because he had an advantage for that quiz.”

Taeyong hurried himself as he had only his lunchbreak to do the grocery shopping.

“ What advantage? Those clothes were meant for him and I know a lot of kids of those snobs who have no clue about their parent’s business. Mark is smart and interested in what we say so its his own effort for being able to answer that quiz.”

Taeyong reached out for the little apple and orange juices, “You know how Mark is…He also seemed quite shy about being a model. It’s not in his habit to attract attention.”

“He overreacts. And He DOES attract attention. Otherwise why would he be the muse of N’Cherry?”

Taeyong smiled; “He was quite flustered when I told him about that. Be prepared for some question later…Do you have time to come, tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I wasn’t busy anyway so I took half the day off. Hyuck and Nana wanted to go too but I do not know about that bunny. He has a showrecording.”

“Hmm…tell him to not overwork himself, if he can’t come to the match he can still join us to dinner afterwards so no need to rush things. Mark knows he is his number one supporter.”

Yuta laughed, “Try to tell him that, you know him better than me. Not only a month ago, Nana had invited him for “Parents Day” to his class. He was recording for a drama in Thailand the day before. Recordings ended around an hour in the morning yet he took the first flight to be there just on time at Nana’s school.”

Taeyong took two bottle of kids shampoo while chuckeling; “I guess we can’t do anything then, Hyung is like that. Isn’t it why you fell in love with him?”

Yuta snorted; “Please don’t tell him such nonsense.”  Taeyong smiled hearing the foundness in Yuta’s voice. “Anyway, the basketball match ends around 7. I was thinking to go eat Thai afterwards…”

“Fine with me. The kids are not difficult with food…”

“Then that’s settled. Hope you find some convincing stuff to persuade your model by then.”

Yuta snorted again; “There is no way I will have another model then him. Not after all the hard work I did.”

Taeyong laughed. “Only because of your hard work?”

“You know what I mean. I only want my godson to shine and nobody else.”

Taeyong smiled. “Hmm. I heard you also picked a female model though.”

“Yeah, for representing the female line. But I am quite satisfied with the result. Minhyun told me she was one of those friends who invited Mark to the party. Even better, she was Mark’s date. My godson has such good taste.”

“What do you mean?” Taeyong hurriedly putted the content of his basket down at the cash register.

“She is also happens to be the only heir of the Seo family…”

“Sounds like some high societal family I should know but I do not.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter