Sunday is Family Day

The Lee Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Sunday is Family Day

Betaed by Fubuki, 20/03/2019

Ages of Characters

1. Lee Taeyong (29)

Lee Mark/Minhyung (13) Lee Renjun (9) Lee Jeno (7) Lee Chenle (4) Lee Jisung (3)

2. Lee Doyoung x Nakamoto Yuta

Lee Jaemin (6)  Lee Donghyuck (7)

3. Jung Jaehyun x Qian Kun

Jungwoo (1)

More coming soon! (surprise, surprise ^^)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

'Sunday', Taeyong mused, 'still stays Sunday.'

Be it now or in the future, it was and would always be his favourite day. Especially now that the kids had grown up and were a bit more independent.

But some things never changed. Like those familiar footsteps that were tiptoeing towards his bed. Taeyong knew of course, by the sound of it, that his precious sleep wouldn’t last long. Knowing he was savouring the last seconds in his warm bed, he pretended to not feel the heavy weight that was trying to place itself on his chest, nor did he react to the giggles that were being suppressed. Taeyong kept playing along until his son Jeno decided to wake him up by poking his cheeks.

“Daddy! Wake up!”

His son’s cute voice made his sleepy eyes slowly flutter open. He was met by the sight of his gorgeous son who was smiling brightly, which together with his eyesmile, was a great sight to start the day.

“Morning Jeno”, Taeyong muttered, before hugging his son and trying to roll back to sleep.

“Daddy, wake up!”, his son giggled against his chest.

“A few more minutes, Jeno. Daddy wants to sleep a bit more.” Taeyong his son’s soft black hair, feeling very comfortable with the small bundle of warmth that was pressed against his chest.

“Daddyyyy.” His son whined trying to free himself from the tight embrace, taking Taeyong’s last hope of a bit more sleep with him.

“Alright, alright.” Taeyong sighed.

He slowly got up with his son still in his embrace. He looked at his alarm on his night table and was surprised that it was actually already 9 o’clock. Most people would find it rather early for a Sunday morning. But for Taeyong, this was the latest he had woken up since his eldest son was born. Taeyong did not know if he was cursed, but all his kids had taken the bad (but actually good) habit of waking up very early. Although it was nine in the morning, Taeyong was sure his kids had been up for at least an hour and a half. Or two. If his two eldest sons were as unlucky as him, maybe three, since the youngest were always the ones who woke up first before heading to their Hyung’s room to declare they were awake and needed their attention. Chenle and Jisung still tried to go his room too, but Mark would make sure to let him sleep at least until 8 before he would let any of his sibling wake him up. Something Taeyong was really grateful for, since he didn’t have the luxury to sleep enough during the week.

Taeyong kissed Jeno’s forehead, “Daddy will wash up, okay?”.

Jeno nodded, happy that his mission was accomplished, and left the room, leaving Taeyong the time to take out some clothes from his drawers and to take a shower to wake himself completely up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When Taeyong reached the ground floor, he was met with a very familiar sight, yet he could not help but smile.

The TV in the living room was on, playing a cartoon on low volume (Taeyong had told his kids that even though they woke up early, it did not mean their neighbours did too). Jeno was on the sofa, with Jisung, his youngest, comfortably sitting on his lap. Jisung’s blue eyes were half closed, hidden behind his honey blond bangs as the youngest always seemed to doze off, whenever he was in front of the TV. Taeyong always thought that the aloofness of his youngest son was because of the fragile state he had found him in as an infant. Although he had been officially cured for a long time, Taeyong always worried about a possible relapse. Seeing his youngest safe and sound in the arms of his brother made his chest warm and  dispelled some of the anxiety in his heart.

Across the living room in the kitchen was Renjun, who had Chenle in his arms, putting the last dishes on the kitchen table. Although Chenle was still just four years old, he was already way too big for his brother to carry. Teayong knew that he had used his big eyes to plead as he always liked to snuggle into his brother’s chest and Renjun had given in as usual. On the kitchen table were bowls, already filled with cereal, some scrambled eggs (made by Renjun under Mark’s surveillance) and toast, a plate full of fruit, and yoghurt. His eldest son Mark, was in the kitchen as well, doing the only two things that Taeyong permitted him to make, as even scrambled eggs would scare the hell out of Taeyong: preparing Milk Tea (as Taeyong did not like coffee) and Chocolate Milk. The Family only had this very western-style breakfast on weekends, when Taeyong tried to regain some sleep and when thus the eldest children were in charge of making breakfast.

Chenle whose eyes were on the TV, even though he was being held, saw him first. He smiled very brightly before wiggling in his brother's arms. Renjun looked up from what he was doing, and saw him too. The brunette slowly placed his younger brother on the ground, and Chenle ran, laughing his so familiar high pitched laugh before diving into his father's open arms.

“Daddy!”

Taeyong smiled, looking into his cutest son’s soft brown eyes. “Good morning, Lele.”

He gave him a peck on the cheeks and his honey brown hair softly, before putting him down. Chenle ran back to the kitchen table, glad that they could finally eat now that their father was up. Jeno came with Jisung in his arms and handed him over to his dad. Jisung was the quiet one, he just hugged his dad tightly, to which Taeyong responded with by giving him a peck on the cheeks. Jisung made a face, as he did not like it. But Taeyong laughed at his cute pout.

“Morning Jisung.”

With Jisung in his arms he also made his way to the kitchen table. He installed Jisung on a chair first and turned towards his second eldest son.

“Morning Dad.”

Renjun’s snaggle tooth was just adorable and Taeyong hugged his son before giving him a kiss on his forehead. The brunette’s cheeks reddened, as he was always shy with the affection he got from Taeyong. Unlike Chenle, Renjun had been old enough to understand what was happening when Taeyong had brought them home after their father and mother's funeral. It had taken him a long time before he started calling Taeyong “Dad”, but the kid was still shy whenever he received his father’s affection.

“Morning Injunie. Were you kids up early?”

Renjun nodded, “Chenle woke up around six. Jisung about ten minutes later. And Jeno around seven.”

Taeyong sighed. Maybe he should put them to bed a bit later? Around nine instead of eight thirty? Or he should just stop Chenle and Jisung's naps. If Chenle had woken up first, it meant both Renjun and Mark had gotten up early as well. His eldest son always woke up at the slightest sound, but Chenle’s first victim in the morning would be Renjun. Had Jisung or Jeno woken up first, Renjun would have gotten a bit more sleep. Renjun took the place next to Chenle, who was already trying to grab the bottle of milk for his cereal. Renjun took it and poured for the younger before any accident happened. Taeyong smiled. Mark came to the kitchen table and placed the cups of Chocolate Milk in front of his brothers. Jisung directly tried to grab the plastic cup but before he could, Mark gently took his hands away, out of the cup’s proximity.

“Jisung, it is still a bit hot. Wait a bit or you will hurt yourself”, the eldest warned softly.

Jisung pouted at the sight of his favourite drink not being in his stomach. But he still did not touch the cup as his Mark-hyung had asked him to. Instead he focused on his cereal and grabbed the spoon to dig in, as his Renjun-hyung had already poured the milk in his bowl. Mark went to his father and Taeyong hugged his son tightly. “Morning Dad.”

The young teenager (this word does not exist in Taeyong’s vocabulary list!) said. Taeyong did not try to kiss him, as his eldest son was even worse than Jisung. Taeyong blamed it on puberty. He ruffled his hair fondly instead, playing with the strands of blond hair. The kid was more unlucky than him as he woke up as soon as one of his siblings did.

“Morning Minhyung.”

“Chenle!” Renjuns stern voice made them both turn around, only to see a guilty Chenle who had spilled a bit of milk from his cereal bowl.

“That’s it, I will turn off the TV.”

Renjun stood up, but a whiny Chenle grabbed his arm. Mark turned back towards the kitchen to grab a dishcloth.

“How much times have I told you already? You can not eat and watch TV at the same time.”

Renjun tried to gently free himself from his younger brother's grip. Chenle seeing that his cute whining had no effect on his older brother, turned around towards his father with big puppy eyes. Taeyong had to bite his lip to not laugh out loud. Mark went to the table and wiped the spilled milk off with the dishcloth. Jeno came with a wet tissue, one of the many that lingered around in this house, which Mark took to gently, yet skillfully wipe Chenle’s wet hands. Chenle seeing his eldest brother, took his chance and directly snuggled his way into Mark’s chest. The eldest was not surprised at all and simply patted his younger brother's back.

“Alright, it is all cleaned up. Chenle, what do you say to Renjun?” The eldest softly said to the bundle of warmth in his chest.

Chenle looked up from his position to Renjun with big watery eyes: “Chenle is sorry!”

Taeyong smiled at Lele’s sly techniques. Using his teary eyes to pressure Renjun and going to his Mark hyung to get some back support. His eyes saddened a bit as he truly wished WinWin had been here too see it. He crouched down at Chenle’s eye level and beckoned him with his hand out of Mark’s chest.

“Alright. Chenle, are you promising you will be more careful when you eat?” Taeyong intervened.

Chenle vigorously nodded his head. Renjun shook his head, despite having a hard time because of his brother watery eyes.

“Dad, it is the third time already.”

Chenle's eyes opened wide, scared that his father would take back his words.

“Third time? Than this will be his last chance. If he does it one more time there will be no TV on when we are having breakfast. What do you say Chenle, will you honor your promise?”

Taeyong extended his pinky finger at Chenle, who grabbed it fast to do a pinky swear. Taeyong only allowed them to watch TV during breakfast on the weekends. Renjun sighed, seeing the big smile on his brother's face who had now extended his pinky to him. Defeated, Renjun extended his own pink finger to accept his pinky swear, knowing he was no match against his younger brother. Taeyong smiled and took his place at the head of the table, next to Jisung who had already decided his Chocolate Milk had already cooled down enough. Taeyong took a sip of his Milk Tea, sweet like he liked it, fully content with the start of this day.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“LEE DONGHYUCK!” Doyoung’s voice which was usually soft and melodious, for once had a tint of murder intent.

“What do you think you are doing?”

Doyoung’s eyes lingered on Donghyuck’s closed hands that were hidden behind his back.

“Behave like a brat again and it will be the last time I take you with me here!”

Donghyuck rolled with his eyes at his dad but he nevertheless gave back the candy he had stolen from Jisung who glared at him. Jisung took the candy back, his eyes defied the elder to do something about it.

And with a low voice that only Donghyuck could hear, he said: "Ugly." 

Donghyuck exploded: “Ya, you little chipmunk, what did you say!”

But before the elder could grab him, Jisung ran as fast as his little legs could (which was surprisingly very fast) towards the only person in the world who would be able to block Donghyuck.

Mark was sitting on the couch, headphones plugged in, writing in his notebook when he felt something was trying to settle itself on his lap. He looked up and was just in time to catch Jisung falling in his lap. The youngest immediately snuggled himself into his hyung’s chest with an angry Donghyuck who arrived two seconds later. Mark took his earplugs off and although he knew that his brother had probably pissed Donghyuck off, he could not tell who was the one at fault. Donghyuck and Jisung always pissed each other off, the question was not when (because it would happen after every eye contact those two made, duh) but who.

“Is something wrong?” he asked to Donghyuck, who was having a glaring contest with Jisung who was in his lap, pressed against his chest and feeling very brave behind the strong arms of his hyung.

Donghyuck cursed inwardly Jisung’s slyness. Mark was after all more than five years older than him, going with brute force was a lost battle, not to mention that Mark-hyung was quite strong for a 13 year old. He also knew Mark wouldn’t let him touch Jisung, as Mark-hyung was protective towards his brothers (just like every Lee kid in this house). He could also try it the other way with his mouth but he felt his dad’s gaze on him and he knew he would be in serious trouble if he challenged his dad’s patience, not to mention that his dad had a very soft spot for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter