Chapter 2

Secret

Rocky POV

"You talked to her?!" The others gasp during recess.

"Congratulations." Bin said.

"So, you know her name now right?" MJ asks.

"I...still don't know her name."

"Oh, but you talked to her." Eunwoo said. "How can you hit on someone and not ask their name."

"I didn't hit on her! And, she was the one who talked to me. She was annoyed that I kept dancing to the same song on repeat. She helped me complete it."

"Someone other than Bin helped you complete your dance?" MJ gasps. "Amazing."

"Hey. You two saw her right? JinJin. Sanha." Bin asks making them jump. "Is she cute?"

"Uhhh." They look at each other with hesitation then nod. "Yes. She's cute."

"So, when will we get to see her?" Eunwoo asks.

"Today, if you guys come."

"No!" JinJin and Sanha shouts in sync.

"I-I think that...uh...Rocky should uh...do things by himself." Sanha said.

"Yeah. Yeah." JinJin agrees.

"What? You don't want to help Rocky get a girl?" MJ asks.

"I-it's not that I don't want to help Rocky...it's just that uh..." Sanha trails off and hits JinJin asking for help with his eyes.

"A guy should get a girl with his own methods!" JinJin said. "Right?"

"Yeah. Yeah." Sanha nods in agreement.

"You know, you can always help a friend get a girl right?" Bin said. "Isn't that like, a bro code."

"I just think that it's more..." JinJin trails off.

"More meaningful if you get a girl using your own methods." Sanha adds on. "That's way when the two are finally..."

"Dating," JinJin continues. "She won't be disappointed that his methods are different from the courting period."

"Right." The rest of us said suspicious of their attitude.

*************************************************

At lunch time, I follow Eunwoo to the library.

"Why are you following me?"

"Because I like the library." I reply.

"Right. Rocky likes the library and not the dance room. Only when hell freezes over. Why are you really here?" He asks checking the books at the desk.

I smile. "The girl that I like comes here." I tell him honestly. He loads the cart ready to return them to the shelves.

"So? Which one is she?" He asks walking over to a shelve and start returning the books.

"She's usually probably in the basement level all the time." Eunwoo freezes at my statement. "What? What's wrong?"

He looks at his watch. "Come here." He said grabbing my arm and dragging me down to the basement level. He put his index finger on his mouth signaling me to be quiet. "Is it...her?" He points to a girl sitting alone reading with earphones in her ear.

I smile and nod. "That's her."

Eunwoo lets out a deep sigh and grabs me by my shoulders. "Good luck and don't come to the library again. If Bin sees you, you're dead." He walks away leaving me dumbfounded. What does that mean?

I return to the dance room to continue dancing.

*************************************************

Areum POV

I finish the book I'm reading and put it down. I turn to grab the next book but it's not with me. Eh? Didn't I bring it? I check the stack of books I am ready to return. It's not mixed in with these. Ah~ I left it in the locker in the classroom I bet. I sigh. I walk to the front desk where Eunwoo stand.

"I'm returning all of these." I said taking one side of my earphone off.

"Ok." Eunwoo said taking the books. "Ah, by the way, did you talk to Rocky recently."

"Rocky? My cousin?"

"Ah, no. Never mind." He shakes his head to dismiss the topic.

"Well, I'll be going."

"Already? You usually stay until the bell rings."

"I forgot a book in the classroom. I'm gonna go get it."

"Ok. See you later."

"Bye Eunwoo." I wave and walk off. I let out a sigh, I put the other ear bud back in my ear and walk towards class. As I got closer to the dance room, a familiar song is interrupting my music again. I stop my music and take out the earphones. I open the dance room door and the dancing dude is dancing to the same song. Again.

He's so engrossed in his dancing that he doesn't even realize I'm here. I chuckle and run over to his side. He turns and almost bumps into me. He immediately pulls away from me falling onto the floor. I laugh at his actions.

"Are you ok?" I ask crouching next to him. He gave me a confused look. I run over and turn off his music turning back to him. "Are you ok?"

"Oh. Uh..." he just nods.

"Yah, why are you still dancing to the same song? I thought you were done." I said. "Are you practicing for a competition or something?"

He shakes his head. "It's nothing like that. It's just..." he trails off. "Uh...because I finally finished it with your help...I just kinda...wanna dance to it again. Oh!" He suddenly shouts making me jump. "I forgot. Thank you for helping me complete the dance."

"No problem."

"So, as a way to thank you, do you want to eat lunch together?"

"I already had lunch."

"Ah, right. It only takes you 15 minutes to eat your lunch."

"How do you know that?"

"I'm usually here for lunch and I see you pass by at the same time everyday." He states honestly.

"Oh."

"Uh, how about I treat you after school?"

"No thank you." I reject him immediately.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to stand out too much. I want to pass the rest of high school peacefully."

"I don't get it."

I sigh. "Look. You're a popular guy in school. If people see us together, there's going to be a lot of fuss. I don't want that. Ok?"

"How about I make a boxed lunch for you?"

"You cook?" I shake my head. "Still no."

"Why?"

"Again. Your a pop-"

"There's no one here. It's just you and me."

"Yeah because you shoo-ed them away with your sweet words. 'If I see your beautiful faces I won't be able to concentrate on my dance and I'll end up hurting myself.' Blegh." I pretend to vomit.

"How do you know that?" He gasps. "Were you one of those girls that kept hovering around me?"

"Do you want me to hit you?" I ask raising my fist making him laugh.

"I'm kidding!" He said. "So? Meet me here tomorrow?"

"Mm." I nod and the bell rang. "Time to go." I stand up and make my way to the door.

"Wait! What's your name!"

"Areum." I reply before walking back to class.

*************************************************

Rocky POV

"You look like you're in a good mood." JinJin asks after school.

"I know her name." I said to the others. "We talked again today at lunch."

"What?!" Eunwoo, JinJin and Sanha shouts making us jump.

"What's with that reaction?" MJ asks. "So? What's her name?"

"A-"

"Aaaah! We're here!" JinJin shouts pointing at the fast food restaurant.

"Let's go inside." Sanha cheers. "C'mon." Bin and I share a confused look.

After we order we all sit down to wait.

"I'm going to the restroom." Bin said.

"Ok." We all said in sync.

MJ turns to me. "So? What's her name?"

"Areum."

"Which Areum?"

I shrug. "I don't know, but Eunwoo should know."

"W-w-why me?" He stutters.

"Because you work in the library, duh. Don't you ask for their name when they check out a book?" I ask.

"R-right." He said.

"So?" MJ leans in. "Which Areum?"

Eunwoo looks around quickly before leaning in to whisper. "Moon Areum."

"Moon Areum?!" MJ shouts and the others cover his mouth shh-ing him. "Which Moon Areum?"

"How many Moon Areum's do you know?" Sanha asks.

"Only one."

"Exactly."

"What are you guys whispering around there for?" I ask confused.

"Rocky. Listen to us very closely ok?" MJ starts.

"Rocky hyung, don't ever, and I mean ever, tell Bin that you like Moon Areum." Sanha said.

"Why not? He's my best friend."

"Just...don't do it ok? A-and I think...you should stop liking her too." JinJin said.

"Why?" I ask. "Wait, does Bin like her too?"

"Like? No! No! Like is an understatement." Eunwoo said.

"Love. He loves her. To death." JinJin exaggerates. "If you don't want to die, don't tell Bin. Ever."

"Can I at least confess?"

"Do you want to feel Bin's wrath?" They ask in sync.

"You shouldn't even mention her name in front of Bin. He'll flip." JinJin said.

"I'll take that as a no." I said.

Sanha sighs. "Honestly, out of all the girls, you like Moon Areum."

"What about Moon Areum?" Bin asks sitting down across from me.

"Huh? Nothing. We're just practicing our English. And I'm just saying that the moon is pretty." MJ covers up the topic immediately.

"But there's no moon out?"

"That's why we said "practicing". The moon doesn't really have to be out." Eunwoo said.

"Joha means like. Saranghae is I love you." They all start "practicing" their English.

"So, any luck with you and the girl. You want me to help?" Bin asks me.

"No!" The others shout at us.

"Uh...I mean...about this...courting thing. I-I think uh...what JinJin and Sanha said last time is true." MJ stutters. "I agree with them 100%."

"Uh, yeah. I do too." Eunwoo nods. "Uh...it's makes the relationship more...uh valuable...since you took your time to court and stuff."

"That's exactly right!" JinJin said. "That's what Sanha and I was trying to say last time."

"Yep, yep." Sanha nods. "Now you guys understand, right?"

"100%." MJ and Eunwoo nods. "So Bin you should stay out of it too."

"You don't have to worry Bin. It's the beginning so I think I'll be fine."

"Ok. If you say so. But don't hesitate to ask us for help." Bin said and I nod. The worker brings us our food and we dig in.

*************************************************

The guys are with me in the dance room today for recess. After the dance routine, I went to sit with them.

"Rocky~" they cheer and clap for me.

"Is that a new choreo?" Bin asks.

"Mm." I nod with a yawn.

"Tired? Must be from making the new choreo, right?" JinJin asks.

I shake my head. "I woke up early today to cook lunch."

"Why?" Sanha asks.

I smile. "I meeting A-" The others stare at me intensely while shaking their head no behind Bin's back. "I'm meeting cutie here today for lunch."

"Oh." Bin said. "Good luck."

"Thanks." I said.

*************************************************

"You're really here." I said when Areum opens the door and walks in.

"I said that I'd come, right?"

"Mm." I nod. "Sit down." I pat the spot next to me. She walks over and sit down. I hand her a bento and she opens it.

"Ooh~ fancy." She said. She grabs a spoon and took a bite. She furrow her brows and laugh.

"I-it's not good?" I ask. "I-it should be." I said taking a bit of my own bento.

She shakes her head. "It's not that. The food is delicious."

"But you laughed."

"Because I'm a girl and I can't cook. I'm only laughing at myself for losing to you on this." She explains taking another bite. "But you? You're amazing."

"You can't cook?" She shakes her head. "Do you want me to teach you?"

"Are you asking me to a cooking date?"

"Huh?"

She chuckles. "I'm playing."

"It can be if you want it to be." I said.

"Sure, but first...tell me your name."

"Right." I said. "My apologies. I'm Park Minhyuk."

"Park Minhyuk. I'm Areum. Moon Areum."

"I know." I said and we continue to eat.

"Ok, so, I started this new choreo. Check it out." I said plugging in my phone to the amp. After I was done, I turn to Areum. "What do you think?"

"It's nice." She said while clapping.

"Unfortunately, that's all I have for now."

"If you don't mind..." she starts. "You can add this." She show me her dance moves.

"Amazing. I like it! Should we do the dance together?"

"Mm." She nods and we practice the new choreo together.

Meanwhile...

"Where's Areum?" Bin ask Eunwoo after he roamed all three floors of the library.

"I-I don't know." Eunwoo stutters.

"You didn't see her today?" Eunwoo shakes his head. "What about the rest of you?" Everyone shakes their head with their hands in surrender mode. "Damn. Where is she?"

====================================

I was in class and instead of really listening to the teacher, the only thing going around in my head was Astro's Crazy, y, Cool. Damn them and their catchy song! 
Kudos to Rocky for killing me every time with his hotness. He's younger than me, dammit!

He's younger than me, dammit!